because it's fucking perfect
how can you not listen to every goddamn track on this album
hear those fucking beautiful melodies and those string harmonies
those incredible guitar licks
and Win's goddamn Pixies like emotive voice

how does that not fucking re-engage your belief in God

im atheist :)

Anyone got the Godspeed edit of Pacha

I unironically like The Suburbs and some of Reflektor, but even 14 year-old me got tired of this.

The Suburbs is such boring shit though
There's no life or vitality

Because I didn't grow up in suburban America

Neon Bible is the patrician choice

i forgot about this band, and it was lovely.

thanks a lot, OP. thanks a lot for making me utterly depressed remembering that this band exists.

there's literally no reason to hate Arcade Fire or this album except the "image" they have

which makes you 18 year olds afraid to like things that aren't cool on Sup Forums

I liked that they incorporated more synthesizers into the mix, Rococo, Half Light I-II, and the title track were good even if they don't have that annoying, twinkly persona that Funeral had.

>tfw listening to this album on summer afternoons as the sun goes down in your teenage years

kek @ post

SHUT

UP

what if i'm 26 and have hated them since the very beginning because they have always been terrible?

do you like the film garden state, too?

nice meme. do you like thr film emilie too? do you smoke american spirits lololol

do you love all music (except for country and rap)?

I literally did this with the suburbs, damn...

Get over this overhyped album summerfag, I listened to plenty of tracks on this album and feel no different having been reminded of its existence

name an alternative/indie album with better melodies

Anathallo - Canopy Glow

are you serious?

well, literally any stephen malkmus album...

...wait what am i doing, this is a waste of time

holy shit, this thread is the absolute worst

Try to deny Canopy Glows melodies to anyone that's listened to it.

Besides you I guess.

I always confuse it with this album because of the covers.

I know, side by side it's not like you could easily confuse them. What can I say.

why would i ever listen to arcade [FART]re

>tfw this album keeps you alive after best friend dies in an accident at 20.
>tfw you can't listen to it anymore. Not unless you're ready to have a long, ugly cry.

Thank you, Win Butler, for siphoning off just enough sadness that I wasn't found dead in a bathtub.

its weird that win butler was the first one to come up with the iconic Tunnels riff

fucking right?
see that's what I mean there's a lot of melodies on here that seem like timeless

he wasn't.

just stop.

it kinda sucks because the first song off the first Arcade Fire album is the best thing they've done

then play where it came from first

You'll get over it. I used to get this with albums when I first started coming here.

serious question: do you know how to play any instruments, or anything about music theory?

Serious question: should that bear any consequence on ones enjoyment of music?

to me, living in Canada, this is a winter nights album.

I've been here longer than you...
Yes, at the university level.
You?

i miss old indie the world quite honestly isnt the same

isnt everything in canada a winters night album, or about syrup, or getting fucked up on hockey?

Which had a bigger impact on rock music, Funeral or Is This It?

Idk I can't really get into them. I've listened to this album several times but Wake Up and Rebellion are the only songs that I liked

then write out the progression in roman numeral form

those are some heavy feels but summertime and fall is pretty big here.

Is This It by a longshot

but i want to live there.

of course not. however, it explains how you might think that was the first time someone has "come up with it". especially one that requires white keys only and only needs two fingers. look up f locrian, spend literally 5 minutes playing around with the notes, and see how much of a "genius" you are.

>Yes, at the university level.
what a waste of money, hope you enjoyed your playtime for rich talentless hacks.
>You?
understand enough for my means, i write music but am not interested enough to pay money to learn about esoteric modern classical bullshit.

lydian*, f lydian

I am not the person who posed the question of where it came from. only commenting on your easy smugness. I don't know how to play shit, and am definitely not a "genius".

But by your use of quotation marks that are actually quoting nothing, I'd say you think you "are".

>what a waste of money
"Hey do you fulfill my criteria?"
"YOU DO?!?!?! FUCK YOU."

someone's jealous :)

look, you can like that riff all you want, all the power to you. i'd have no problem with you saying something like "that piano riff is so perfect, sets the mood and tone of the rest of the perfectly. win butler sure knows how to write a song." like - that's perfect.

but to say something like "he was the first to come up with it" is wrong, and you should know that. it's like a phish fan saying that trey anastasio is the best guitar player of all time without knowing any others. it's that level of ignorance.

not at all, i assume you're still there. otherwise, you'd agree with me.

>but to say something like "he was the first to come up with it" is wrong
you still haven't provided the earlier example lmao

go to a 3rd grade piano recital, it'd be "epic" for you

So you can't?

As stated already, I wasn't the person who asked you to prove he wasn't the first. Also, Funeral is a 3/5 at best. I am not who you think you're responding to. I'm just pointing out the arrogance in your posturing on an anonymous image board.

Because my life is meaningful, and my time is valuable.

Cause im not a white teenage girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=KvDOWbOuZ68

if you can't connect the dots or hear the scale you might be tone deaf

Explain how this is Lydian: youtu.be/TA68f56yh80?list=PLC12F685485FFD45A&t=135

Who said I didn't

Because I graduated highschool.

why would you think that i want to listen to another arcade fire song

find a better song (not by arcade fire), one that you love, and i'll do it

Are you just trolling at this point

You linked to a Lydian improv video (from a shitty channel) as proof that the riff wasn't original

I asked you to show me how the riff discussed was even Lydian at all

Now you're chickening out?

Contrarian

>Explain how this is Lydian: youtu.be/TA68f56yh80?list=PLC12F685485FFD45A&t=135

do you not realize what you posted? we're talking about the intro to tunnels, the first track on the album. you linked to a different song at about its halfway point.

how is that chickening out?