Can Sup Forums explain why this album is so universally acclaimed? I'm definitely a fan of the Beatles' music

Can Sup Forums explain why this album is so universally acclaimed? I'm definitely a fan of the Beatles' music
but most of the songs on it just seem so messy with lots of half baked ideas.
Its got a few classic Beatles songs on it, sure, but its far from being a perfect album. Or am I completely
missing the point, and that its crudeness is why people like it so much?

It isn't universally acclaimed it's by far their most divisive late-period album

Happiness is a Warm Gun, Helter Skelter

it's the Beatles, that's why it's critically acclaimed.

its my 2nd favorite beatles release. What gets me the most is the writing, the writing on this album is really great, and im glad they decided to take a more stripped back approach then to delve back into psychedelic music or culture for the 3rd time. Theres lots of little details on this record that get me, like the melodica on cry baby cry, the vocals and background noise of bungalow bill. The beatles arent really taking themselves super seriously on this release, which i commend them for. I will say tho, this is a mixed bag of a record. To me, paul has the most blunders but i enjoy its flaws. Its completely understood if you dont fuck with this album that much.

Well according to the Wikipedia page, most of the ratings are 10/10s, a few being 9/10. Also, "In a 2003 appraisal of the album...The Beatles regularly appears among the top ten in critics' "best albums of all time" lists" .

>its crudeness is why people like it so much
This is part of why it's my favorite Beatles album. When I first went through their music I got bored of all their albums in 2-3 listens, but this one was weird enough to stay interesting. There are both straightforward enjoyable songs, and more abstract stuff like Revolution 9, and even the former is more complex than in any of their others albums. There are enough tracks that you can forget about a few, and find something really lovely like "Julia" or "Long, Long, Long". That's why I like it, much more than anything else they released.

LSD

The reason that this album is so divisive is that it's their hardest album to get into.
Some people complain about the filler songs and that it's too messy, and some people like it exactly for that.
IMO disc 1 has like 8 of their best songs which makes up for the filler, and the only really bad songs are Wild Honey Pie (which lasts like 2 seconds so it doesn't matter) and Don't Pass Me By. Disc 2 is really good too and it's way more consistent in quality even though the songs aren't as good as disc 1. Also a lot of people hate Revolution 9 which I don't really care for but I don't hate either.

literally this

/thread

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da is a 0/10 song to be honest, and an album with a 0/10 song can't be a 10/10

It doesn't have any half baked ideas, but it sounds poorly mixed because the Beatles thought they were smarter than they were and George Martin couldn't arragne the album like he used. For example the horns on savoy truffle sound horrible but George Harrison wanted them to sound this way.

So yeah this is an album were the beatles took control of the studio, I guess they tried to imitate Brian Wilson but they failed.

What makes you put this as your 2nd favorite Beatles' album over their others? As you said yourself, its a mixed bag of a record.

But Birthday is the worst song on the album

Yeah because it's still a fucking important album you retarded newfag

bc there's a plethora of great music on it

Not Wild Honey Pie or Why Don't We Don't Do It in the Road?

stop rating my childhood 0/10

Explain to me then, oh enlightened one, that's why I started this thread.

messy is not necessarily a flaw
especially contrasted with the amount of polish on every other Beatles album

Nah, Don't Pass Me By is the worst and their worst song overall. It's really really bad.
WDWDIITR is an okay song.

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da is underrated (not saying much though.). It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's more like a 5/10 song.

Because Happiness is a Warm Gun, Revolution 9, balanced with incredible pop ballads like Dear Prudence and Julia

Pretty much agree. Birthday, Goodnight, Don't pass me by, Why don't we do it in the road and obladi oblada are the only songs which i don't really like.
Disc 2 is awesome: Yer Blues, Mother nature son, Everybody got something to hide, Sexy Sadie, Helter Skelter, Long x3, Revolution 1, Honey Pie is one of the most amazing selections ever. Just flows so perfectly.

This is why:

>God-tier
Dear Prudence
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Martha My Dear
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
Julia
Mother Nature's Son
Helter Skelter
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1
Cry Baby Cry
Good Night

>Great-tier
Piggies
Rocky Racoon
I Will
Yer Blues
Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey
Sexy Sadie
Honey Pie
Savoy Truffle

>Good-tier
Back in the U.S.S.R
Glass Onion

>Okay-tier
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Why Don't We Do It In The Road?

>Shit-tier
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Wild Honey Pie
Don't Pass Me By
Birthday

>???-tier
Revolution 9

pew pew pew

That's actually one of my favorite songs.

The album itself is great, though revolution 9 is utter garbage

What do you like so much about Good Night?

Because it has Charles Manson's seal of approval, duh.

>opinions are facts

Revolution 9 is fine, listen to more early electronic music.

Turn me on, dead man

Wow, don't necessarily agree with the order, but just looking at the song list explains it all.

I'm a Rubber Soul fan, but damn if White Album's not impressive.

Its my favorite Beatles album desu, It has some retarded songs on it but it also has some of their best work

it's definitely grown on me. it's long as fuck, which explains why there are some hits and misses but by virtue of its size it's bound to have some greatness.

0/10? really? surely you must not possess functioning sensory faculties to not appreciate that jaunty, lilting little ditty you goddamned philistine

Ob La Di is an amazing song