So I've been looking for music akin to the Jrock shit that plays as the themes of Different Black Seasons...

So I've been looking for music akin to the Jrock shit that plays as the themes of Different Black Seasons, but I don't want to listen to Japanese shit for some basic reasons.
A) I don't want to be a filthy weeb, and I don't want anyone to associate me with weeb like activity
B)I can't understand a word of it without the subtitles, which seriously lessons the effect of the music. (Plus the few English phrases they say usually give my ears cancer due to their autistic pronunciation.)
So I guess that their style can be best described as alternative or indie rock, and I would love for a list of some really good bands that are similar to the Bleach Season themes. ALSO any strong female vocalists would be awesome, like the opening to seasons 3 and 5!

>tl;dr English music like the Bleach season opening music (especially with strong female vocals like Seasons 3 and 5)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCsNVud0tUM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Or just generally good alternative and/or indie rock bands would be awesome too!

>I don't want to be a weeb
>I know the intros to a weeb show by season

>A) I don't want to be a filthy weeb, and I don't want anyone to associate me with weeb like activity

God you're dumb
Why do you even give a shit about this

B I sorta understand, I don't really think lyrics are integral to the enjoyment of all genres but engrish can be grating in excess but this first thing is just so screaming "I care more about my image than what I enjoy"

By the way, chances are if you find a non Japanese band that sounds like a band which has had its sound influenced by Jap culture, that band is going to be filled with weeaboos.

You may like one of Jeff Rosenstock's projects, I know he's covered a fair amount of jrock songs before.

Listen there's a difference between liking Anime, especially Bleach for its badass fight scenes and shit like that and being a filthy weeb. The difference is I still strongly identify with Western Culture, and in many respects think Western society is much more socioeconmically advanced than the East. I don't own katanas, "speak" japanese, or any other Weeb shit. So fuck off.
and yes bro, sorry I like my image as it is, and I really don't want to explain to every other person why I am not a weeb just because I enjoy small portions of Japanese culture. Getting laid is on my agenda.
But thank you for the suggestion.

Just look at English music popular in Japan. You know the whole "Big in Japan" line? Britpop is a good fit. Or Grimes' last album.

Paramore

Hey that's a good idea, I haven't thought of that... Course weeding out all the bullshit West Coast music like gangsta rap and shit like that will come into play, but it's a better lead than I've had for awhile now.

>he doesn't know that anime cons are one of the greatest ways to get laid in the 21st century

maybe it's just a New York thing but still

>I project the weeb image so much that if someone found out I listened to a Japanese band my chances to score would dry up

Avril Lavigne is way more popular in Asian than the U.S. these days

youtube.com/watch?v=lCsNVud0tUM

I wish there was more music like this

Dude, no kidding, I get so much pussy at anime cons it's ridiculous. In all sorts of crazy costumes too. It's the best.

Please continue your irrelevant bullshit, your contributing to the bumps is helping my thread stay alive.

Basically any female fronted pock-rock from Scandal to Grimes

Okay so now that I have a few options as far as female leads go, could anyone suggest something with male leads as well please?

I like you, insecure weeb man, so I shall indulge you. Have one last one for old times' sake.

Thanks closet weeb man, your projection of self image unto others isn't as bad as it seemed at first.

>your projection of self image unto others

not him but its not really projection when you straight up admit it...

Admit?

Japanese rock music is good because it's really poppy. American rock isn't like that. British rock comes a little closer though.

Blink 182? MCR? Fallout Boy? Panic at the Disco? Green Day?

Head Automatica

manic street preachers were my "transition from j-rock back to the western world" band.

i should also add that listening to the manics will not help you get laid anymore than being into j-rock would. it's a lateral move. you're still in weirdo outcast territory, at least in the states.

Good call. Mine was Oasis. Actually all of the suggestions before this one came from me. I'm American too and like Jrock and anime a lot, but Britpop is my favorite genre. It's probably the closest genre I've found to jrock. Most American rock isn't nearly as melodic.

Muse in BHAR and pretty much anything Andrew WK has recorded remind me a lot of japanese rock.

There's a difference between liking Japanese stuff and being a weeb, user.