One of these artist discography ranking threads

One of these artist discography ranking threads.

Joanna Newsom

Ys > HOOM = MEM = Divers

how is exmilitary that much better than the rest of their albums?

Its got two of their worst and most memed songs; Takyon and Guillotine.
Tracks go on for way too long - ie Beware and I Want It.

like, its a good album but i never understood why its held up as such a masterpiece compared to the rest of their discography

they are the genwunners of the DG fanbase.

personal opinion

>being this wrong
NLDW > NOTM > BP > TMS > GP > JD > Exmil

You forgot Pablo Honey

your mom forgot to eat my penis

we actually havent had any sex at all

You forgot Pablo Honey

sounds about right

keep this thread aliv
e bump

bujmp

HOOM is her magnum opus. Ys comes very close, but HOOM is truly her best.

lol i wanted to just put them all equal. i think divers is maybe a step down but its still a masterpiece

Divers is very well done, it's just less ambitious. Who knows if she'll ever attempt anything like Ys or HOOM again. Those albums are monumental.

i appreciate the effort wow

Yeah, Bowie is about the only artist with that extensive of a discography (and that extensive of a shitty streak) that I've listened to enough to do this for.
Forgot Buddha of Suburbia. It'd be about tied with, like, Reality in the inessential blur.

I surprisingly still haven't listened to Gore yet. What did you guys think of it? I guess I was a bit discouraged after watching Fantano's review (even though he didn't like Koi no Yokan either, and that's one of my faves. Guess I'm just lazy and don't listen to them as much).

Just the ones I've heard

amnesiac and hail to the thief are out of order
also you're a massive pleb for thinking Kid A is better than Amnesiac, all the patricians know that Amnesiac is Kid A without the filler

Agreed for the most part.
This is depressing to look at. Really puts into perspective what a terrible streak he hit from 1980 to the 2000s and how he was finally starting to make respectable music again.

They're actually very different albums, and how can you call Morning Bell Amnesiac anything but shitty filler?

i mean sure Treefingers can be filler idc. but how is the rest filler

I was just gonna do the microphones but decided to do mount eerie as well so had to make the image longer lmao

Personally think Kerplunk and Dookie deserve to be higher, and Insomniac deserves to be lower. Not sure about Nimrod, I need to relisten to that one. American Idiot is 100% correctomundo tho.

youre putting diamond dogs and lodger too low honestly

some of bowies best vocal performances are on diamond dogs, and great songwriting with the very long tracks separated into acts

and lodger is just all around super interesting to hear and have happen as a record, it really gets shot down by being compared to his berlin work, which its not really a part of

listen to project doomsday more it's better than you think

This'll have some disagreement

Someone should do one for lil B im too fucking lazy

seems exactly right

I agree with everything else, but I wouldn't rank TLOP on the same spot as Later Registration and 808's

Dexter's lab freestyle followed by Dexter's lab freestyle and then finally Dexter's lab freestyle

That seems fairly standard, maybe some Yeezus fanboys will get annoyed tho

This seems to be the popular opinion of most Em listeners, except Encore is usually the lowest instead of Recovery.

Personally TES is my favorite.

You have to be 18 to post.

Only chart you'll ever need

>this is Sup Forums in 2016
wow things really have gone to shit

This album has nothing on TPTB and GP

I know man, seriously

Where did all the true patricians like us go?

imma fix death grips

you're clearly a newfag. Kanye has been huge here since 2010 if not earlier, Green Day has always had a certain following given the kind of people that come to Sup Forums in the first place, and Eminem has always been popular. you're just trying to REE over things to get the scent of summer off your back

that's actually almost perfect, just move tms and bp up very slightly and split tptb into two with notm higher and jd slightly lower

winds poem should be much higher imo

>implying half of Amnesiac isn't filler

Some one do Tom Waits

if I'm going to be honest I didn't give it much of a shot, listened to it about 3 times like a year ago

Maladroit, Red, and Raditude need to be higher, and Hurley lower
Otherwise pretty gud ranks

mp

Ys>HOOM>Divers=MEM

These niggas know what's up. Ys is the GOAT
lmao fuccboi detected

Although I would have Adz as high as Michigan and you forgot All Delighted People as well as his first two albums, this is still very accurate.

Generally very accurate.

BP=TPTB>GP>NLDW>=TMS>ExMil

They got better with every album, pleb.

Surprised not to see this one yet

Judge me harshly

How retarded are you?

Very, why?

lol that is literally the most agreeable ranking

We've got the same 4 favorites
seems good to me

>Earthling, Space Oddity and Let's Dance that low

Fuckin get some taste ya asshole

Get these fucking normies off my board

Everything after Silent Alarm is on the same level as their last album

>Infinite too low
>Encore way too high
IMO it goes:
MMLP>SSLP>Infinite>TES>MMLP2>Recovery>Encore
never listened to Relapse, that fucking autotune is unbearable, also i'd include the Slim Shady EP which is amazing

switch yeezus w/ tlop and you're on the money

How can you be this pleb?

>likes Let's Dance
>tells somebody else to get taste

i disagree

>american idiot is higher than nimrod, kerplunk, and dookie
fucking kill yourself my man

this is equally as retarded as OP's

I actually think for what it is, Let's Dance is really well made.
"Heroes is higher than Low?! Well, Earthling is higher than 1. Outside so I can spot the pleb a mile away.

I like HTTT more then TKOL

Sup Forums sleepin on Okkervil River big time

i might see them in new orleans

should i do it

fixed

I debated splitting TPTB, I probably should have since I think NOTM is leagues better than JD

well then it looks like we have literally the same taste user
good taste

Solid opinion, dont let Barrett or Watersfags tell you otherwise.

It doesn't matter how much you hate it, The Endless River is still an official Pink Floyd studio album.

>inb4 b-but AMLOR is shit
fuck you it had a bunch of good stuff on it.

Thanks for the template anyway

>Sufjan
>Everything at the top of the image

You're not wrong

wew