autechre europe shows:
warp.net/news/autechre-european-headline-shows-announced/

madness!

What does an autechre show smell like?

benis

burning circuits

benis and burning circuits

Gonna be at that London show, hyped

40 year old fathers who were 20 when they started listening to Autechre but never lost the habit. Slowly balding.

fuck me for being American :(

Vape smoke

FUCK YES
I'm going to see them in Lyon, FR

d-damn... opn deleted his elseq tweet

what did he mean by this?

maybe he decided that he hated it :/

I hope they have better luck with the venue sound-systems this go around. Felt bad for them on their last tour because two of the shows that had the most hype/turnout ended up having the worst sound (Brixton and Brooklyn)

Sound at my show was ace though :D

Moi aussi !
J'aurais surement cours à Grenoble le lendemain, mais fuck the police.

>28 shows in 29 days
>14 hours of material released in less than 8 months
rob and sean are mental

5th part is the weakest imo.

>they will never come to australia
Why live at all

they already did it in 2010.

Well shit

gonna catch them and Swans at Club2Club

RIP your ears

onesix

what did they mean by this?

hmmm 2016
was hoping it was the name of a new somthing.
I wonder if it's a new liveset, the artwork suggests it maybe?

>22 – Nijmegen, NL @ Doornroosje
Is Doornroosje nice? Kinda disappointed at no Amsterdam but whatever.

>no Dublin
Fuck...

How loud is Autechre? I'm seeing Sunn O))) and Swans a few days prior but I'm gonna bring earplugs.

I've seen sunn and ae at the same venue, sunn is loud as fuck it's like a massage, ae is pretty normal, you don't really need earplugs imo

Thanks. I'm really excited about Sunn cause I really wanna have a "physical" experience with music.

What are your top 10 Ae tracks?

/ae/
youtube.com/watch?v=grFTP3bbKUs

>in no particular order:

Garbagemx
syptixed
Drane2
Pen Expers
os veix3
Gantz Graf
Sublimit
Second Scepe
Corc
Eutow

>Garbagemx

legendary m8

one of their best tb h

Does this tour pretty much confirm to all those skeptics that elseq is LP12? They're gonna be really busy reconfiguring their live setup in the months leading up to oct/nov and won't have much time to make tunes I reckon.

what if tunes come about as consequence of messing around and experimenting with the new setup (which seems pretty stable after the 2015 tour), huh huh? who even says they're not gonna tour with the elseq patches anyway?

autumn is a long way away is all i'm saying...

random order

Rae
Pen Expers
V-Proc
Piezo
pendulu hv moda
bladelores
Sublimit
Garbagemx36
Surripere

Will I have trouble getting tickets, will they sell out quick for the London show? Why is the venue the only one to be announced??

london sold out pretty quickly last year iirc. obviously not on like radiohead levels, but in under a day.

Vletrmx21
Second Bad Vilbel
Eidetic Casein
Uviol
The Trees
Rsdio
LCC
Second Peng
Blyz Castl
PIOBmx19

Goz Quarter
Ccec
Krib
Clipper
Pen Expers
The Plc
Pro Radii
vekoS
see on see
Gantz Graf

No particular order:
Piezo
Sublimit
Bine
Dropp
Surripere
Rae
VLetrmx21
see on see
Gantz Graf
Reniform Puls

yeah, i'm pretty disappointed too senpai

how can anyone even compete anymore

>second peng

my brother, the EPs are so good

>you don't really need earplugs imo
Yes you do, especially if you're seeing Swans on the same day

Why is Oversteps so comfy guys?

Pen Expers
Parhelic Triangle
Surripere
Reniform Puls
Stud
Rsdio
Piezo
LCC
Sublimit
bladlores
recks on
draun quarter
flutter
i iv vv iv iv
drane2
treale
os veix3
Lamb-Gold Autechre remix
altibzz
Outh9x
no border
Zeiss Contarex
WindWind
tunnels ov set remix
psi onyx remix
vletrmx
irlite get0

some of my faves, def forgot some.
Top ten is too limiting for me.

this is true

If you want a physical experience then you'll certainly enjoy Ae. The bass hurt my teeth.

do you reckon the london venue will be any good

electric brixton was shocking

why do they play in places with bad sound :(

it'll probably be okay. i think they knew the sound at brixton was subpar - would not be surprised if they never played there again. i've seen them 3 times and 2 of the times the sound has been great.

the issue is that the music ae make and the spacial effect they're going for would be better suited for, say, a concert hall as opposed to the club and rock-oriented venues they play (brixton being an example of the latter). but i don't wanna "see" ae at a stodgy concert hall lol - i wanna be able to dance and drink and see a bunch of wackos going nuts. rob and sean feel the same way, but unfortunately that sometimes comes with drawbacks.

oversteps is a journey through space, time, reverb

Jesus. Autechre in my town. I'm hyped.

how do you know they didnt like brixton out of interest? glad tho

ive seen them three times too best time by far was at a concert hall for dekmantel opening event, they served alcohol outside the main hall but not in and everyone was dancing. shame they don't seem to do that kind of thing more often cos the sound was so insane compared to eg festival tent

>how do you know they didnt like brixton out of interest?
well, i'm not certain about brixton in particular, but they always know how the sound is. i had a friend who met up with them after their show in boston and sean was still pissed/upset about how shit the sound was the previous night in new york. i also talked to ae briefly after the show i saw and they mentioned that they were pretty pleased with the system. there's no way they could have missed how bad the sound was in london.

ah i get you, that's nuts but i guess unsurprising all things considered

lol wat were they like when u met em ? :O

Does this mean we're getting new ae_live?

very nice and super modest dudes. rob is a bit more, uh, gregarious than sean is but both are friendly and will most likely take the time to talk to you if you're not a total fruitcake about it.

they're also a lot shorter than i thought they'd be. sean is legit tiny.

let's hope! we're in a new era of extremely prolific ae, it seems.

B U D A P E S T
U
D
A
P
E
S
T

great stuff, cheers v interesting. doubt i'd get the chance to speak to them in london but good to hear

Maybe I've gone totally mad but I'm seriously considering taking a trip out to Yuroland for this. I've got some time off in November, so...

is this the best promo photo of all time

y/y?

el se hiszem

sean and silent rob

Rob looks 'ard now compared to his younger appearance.

pitchfork: autechre is touring in 2016! and heres a video of autechre from 1995 just in case u were interested in what they dont sound like anymore

pitchfork.com/news/65875-autechre-announce-tour/

compare it to this

>more livesets

The only thing missing from elseq is the promo pics

> tfw ae will probably never do another music video

mega.nz#F!n4AVWbRJ!xLO_41icej7QDVLshFJnMw

This. Saw them in hollywood. Not a very hip crowd. I have no friends either, so I am included in the description of the crowd. No one danced. There was some annoying korean teenager who just kept shaking his head and going "woo woo woo woo".Rob and Sean ended their set a little early I think. When they did play I the sound felt like it was in your bone marrow. They were great, but it would've been better with some dancing. I think most of their American fans are social outcast nerds or middle aged men.

thats sad to hear
>tfw no 3am 90s rave with calbruc or further playing as you get sweaty and heady

what's this?

> no irish date
welp

Sorry to hear that mate, when I saw them in Denver and the crowd was much more lively than you described. I reckon the shows go off a lot more in parts of Europe since dance culture is more notable there. I'd kill to see them in Hamburg, for instance.

seriously can we just kill off their dinosaur fanbase? they're probably still daydreaming about the good ol' days of the idm message boards while stroking their chins lol

ae deserve better fans imo 2bh

howdy pardner

youtube.com/watch?v=HkEZywNg-DI

their quaristice tour was seriously one of the best they've ever done. whole thing was super electro and groovy.

I'm 40 but only discovered them in 2007, I far prefer the later stuff and I don't like idm, it's shit.
I drunk danced like a madman in 2010 when I seen them live, hmm maybe I'm an even more embarrassing type of fan.

yeah mate, i was just making a broad generalization. it's mostly just the ppl who are stuck in the past that drive me nuts. i mean, ae released 4 hours of material and 90% of the reactions to it are people bitching about no physical copies. like i would get being disappointed if they only released digital from here on out (idrc tho), but clearly in this situation it was just not really feasible???

>we will never see a music video for recks on featuring rob and sean dancing in a circle of big booty bitches

it's rare ae trax m8

holy kek i can picture it so vividly

sean pls dont get lung cancer :(

will i be the only one probably on drugs seeing them

wow fuck second peng is really incredible, i never realized

that's my favorite off av. if it had more bass it'd be a straight-up dubstep tune.

there will probably be a few guys that are high, but most people at the show I went to in Austin, TX were just goofy nerdy white kids like me. Though there was one old guy in the corner dancing like unicorn. He was trippin on some shit that's for sure

what's the secret /aeg/ handshake lads?

oh man we gotta come up with a really cool one

is that sean sipping through a straw in spaces how V?

reach down and grab one another's balls

WE GET IT YOU VAPE

just do a sean nose-pick™

make an 'X' with your two pointer fingers and put it over your eye

hehe

anyone ever listen to ae's split with Tortoise? is it any good?