Is Gucci Mane actually good?

Is Gucci Mane actually good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mAcKIA664gw
youtube.com/watch?v=19Q1_D69JPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he's one of the best rappers of the 00's

Yes.

depends on what you enjoy. he has so much material that their are gems, but their are also pieces of shit.

if you enjoy rap that doesnt take itself to seriously, than you might like gucci mane.

if i had to give it a name id call it "meme trap"

no, garbage trap songs about the usual traphouse activities. It's ok for the casual ironic listen. But if you listen to Gucci more than once a week you should consider filling your ears with cement.

BURR

he's enjoyable

Yep, that's what I'm usually met with every time someone tries and discusses this nig nog. That or they just spam 1017 Burr Ice Cream xD. When you're older you're going to look back and absolutely cringe when you see the trash you were listening to

He's a meme like Lil B

Nobody actually enjoys his music

stick to your GEETAR music lads

Your bitch got fucked by Gucci confirmed

>nobody enjoys Based God

how wrong can one man be?
youtube.com/watch?v=mAcKIA664gw

Lol it's funny how you think that has anything to do with this. I listen to rap and various types of hip hop music daily. That's not why I'm shilling this felon. He's a garbage artist who belongs in jail for beating the shit out of his cucked ass fans (You)

Jizzskin stick to your banjo and learn your place

I listen to eminem, g-eazy, logic, gambino so dont talk like i dont listen to rap

Ohhh the bait?

This is new copypasta?

>I listen to rap and various types of hip hop music daily.
do you cradle your copies of paid in full and labor days while you sob about gucci mane ruining hip hop?

you joke but the people who have a fucking hernia about people like gucci and young thug are the bitter ones most likely sitting in their basement listening to eminem and cursing the world

shut up, little bitch

I don't care enough about hip hop to sob about Gucci ruining it

Gucci Mane does ride the whole "ignant" wave, but at least he uses clever metaphors and pop culture references as opposed to saying random shit because "lol ironic and random" IE; LIL B

hes undoubtedly the most lyrical trap rapper. (compare to chief keef, two chainz, waka flocka, and jeezy)

At least Young Thug has an interesting delivery. Gucci Mane is just pure trash

Agreed with whoever said you'll cringe at this twenty years from now. Could you really show and talk about this guy to your parents or colleagues with a straight face?

This is the best alimony song of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=19Q1_D69JPo

all of my friends my age who talk about hip hop respect gucci mane for what he is, except the conscientious rap purists.

also if i were to show my parents "MF Doom" or any other intellectual rapper they would still say "what is this nigger shit"

>Being a parent and using racial slurs

So do you live in a trailer or motel?

when people call Gucci generic and "usual" that's just not right, he literally laid the frame work for all these rappers who talk about this type of trap shit. he was the OG ATL trap rapper, a highly influential artist worthy of respect. albeit his mixtapes especially recently can get redundant, but if you pick around the filler ones he still has more great mixtapes then most rappers out there

>most lyrical

>I'm hearing shooters load pistols while I'm brushing my teeth
>I get so many death threats it's getting normal to me
>But I bend don't break, I don't ask just take
>Black gloves, black tape and I don't play nor pray
>Wake up and take a piss, I hear 'em sharpening knives
>Main focus every day is make it out here alive
>Take a shower in my boots and go to sleep in my shoes
>Last night I had a dream some killers ran in my room
>Trying to be patient but nigga I can't wait
>On the chase to kill my enemies and beat my case

is the implication here that those are bad lyrics?

It reads like a high schooler poetry

He's funny; no artistic value though.But he's fun to listen to for a 20-30 minute mixtape or just a song.

if only he added more multi-syllables and picked more words out the thesaurus !!!!

not really but ok

Alright, so here are some basic bars from Jay Electronica who many would consider to be a "lyrical" rapper

I was lost in the jungle like Simba after the death of Mufasa
No hog, no meerkat, hakuna matata by day
But I spent my night time fighting tears back
I prayed and prayed and left messages but never got no hear back, or so it seemed
A mustard seed was all I needed to sow a dream
I build the ark to gently, gently, row my boat down Noah's stream
Sometimes the path I took to reach my petty goals was so extreme
I was so far down in the mud couldn't even let my light shine
But you was always there when I needed to phone a friend or use a life line

But yeah keep pretending Gucci Mane is some crazy, lyrical trap genius

Gucci is heavy unorthodox and people mistake that for bad because he doesn't look like how people expect an "artist" to look like.

Unquestionably in the top 10 rappers of the century

>falling for the "this is good, and this is different than that, so this is bad" meme.

There are a million different ways to make good art. You can't judge something based on the standards of something else.

like i said, im not comparing him to lyrical rappers, hes obviously hes not trying to be one, he references the fact that hes not lyrical often.

but compare some random gucci verse to any chief keef or two chainz verse (or almost any other trap rapper) and gucci manes will be the most articulate and clever

no one said he was a lyrical genius and no one compared him to jay electronica. but that doesn't make his lyrics bad and he's still more lyrical than a lot of other trap artists.

>65331487

red bezel on my jacob looking like a sliced tomato
fuck a hater i blow acres of jamaica in decatur
im so extraordinary while my bracelet so canary
choppers that my niggas carry probably scare the military
half your budget spent on luggage, spent your mortgage on a portrait
purple bud look like an orchid, cant afford it? watch me torch it
tell your shorty, gucci at her birthday party, cost a 40
this imported foreign flying saucer make me feel important
tell big booty gina from virginia if you ever see her
i remember last november and i can’t wait till the sequel
where’s my equal? i don’t see him, never met him, never meet him