Music for stargazing

My astronomical binoculars came today. What else should I listen to while observing the galaxy and being reminded that we're all insignificant motes of dust?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j9G7n8DBpO8
youtube.com/watch?v=nTS-fcL4D8I
youtube.com/watch?v=w0AG_W0E2Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=dXFGmjJtPi0
youtube.com/watch?v=d6heH6b22wA
youtube.com/watch?v=nTXeWIL1vhA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You'll love this one (the whole thing or either of the four parts) if you like Stars of the Lid.

I do like Disintegration Loops. I thought about adding it, but I don't get as strong of a "space" vibe from it.

Listened to this on the 4th of July last year, it was magical

Spiritualized is a terrible choice. Literally sounds like Oasis on some songs

Not really.

>Tarentel
good choice op

What song, Come Together? That song sucks, but the album doesn't sound like Oasis

youtube.com/watch?v=j9G7n8DBpO8
could easily be an oasis

i fell asleep laying out in my backyard while staring at the stars and listening to pic related one night.

after a while i came awake when Otterley was playing. it was quite an experience.

oasis are shitty acoustic pop rock trying to rip off the beatles

just shut the fuck up

I knew you were talking about the shittiest song on the album, and even that is way better than Oasis. Stop cherrypicking the one song that you already know nobody likes

>Tarentel

>mfw For Carl Sagan

I'm certain there's a Tatsuro Yamashita album that would be perfect for this

What is that album in the top middle?

Tarentel - From Bone To Satellite

thanks mane

I don't get this meme of creating charts without the names of the albums. Charts are supposed to be recommendations, for people who don't know the albums yet. And it's not like you can reverse image search these.

Topsters is down, and its alternative has a shit font. I'll add all the names when it's done.

First draft. Looking good.

Excellent choice with Flying Saucer Attack

This. I can't imagine a better album for star gazing.

Funny, I'm constantly confusing Alien Observer with that Yellow Swans record every single time it's posted.

I think this is a good one

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Ocean Fire

The Ventures in Space

Magnog s/t needs to be on there. Learning forgetfulness is the perfect stargazing song
youtube.com/watch?v=nTS-fcL4D8I

>mfw For Carl Sagan

I think Lazer Guided Melodies would be a much better choice for Spiritualized. It's a lot spacier and tribal in some parts

Vangelis - Direct

Treasure is really much more of a snowy winter album, not stargazing.

>My astronomical binoculars came today

Is topsters down for anyone else?

essential stargazing-core

for everyone, see

>We're all insignificant motes of dust

how about you listen to the rustling of plants and chorus of nocturnal life like god intended?

disgusting

Hammock.

Kenotic is a fucking beautiful album

Band's name is literally Skywatchers.

Hammock - Kenotic

Kenotic is an amazing album, really good post-rock/ambient, with less distortion than typical post-rock

Double post, my bad

maybe this
lol
good choice though

Space rocks

The Song of Morgan - Jandek

NO MOVES LEFT, I COULDNT DO NOTHIN BUT STRUGGLE

>complaining about listening to music on a music board

35007 - Liquid

and these

>Listening to this album, lying under the stars, on a deserted beach, listening to the waves roll in, while being on an 8th of mushrooms

Blood Stain Child :^)

Pasteboard - Glitter

add this

good thread

posting underrated scarufficore

This, I'd put Victorialand

Frog by Carbon Based Lifeforms is pretty great for stargazing

youtube.com/watch?v=w0AG_W0E2Nc

music of the earth, no mp3s or speakers needed

youtube.com/watch?v=dXFGmjJtPi0
youtube.com/watch?v=d6heH6b22wA

if you enjoy having 2deep4u existential crisis thoughts while gazing at star then this is the perfect album for you

MY FEET DANGLE FROM THE TOP OF THE GUARDRAIL, LOST ON THE ROAD TRYNA FIND IF A STAR FELL
HEAVY AS BARBELL AS THOUGHTS REMAINED AND DIP DEEP IN CONSTRUCTION BUT HE LOST THE MANUSCRIPTS BREAK THROUGH THE DOOR SLIDE ACROSS THE CANDLE-LIT FLOOR, NO TELLIN WHAT'S IN STORE FOR THE BOAR

Nicely done.

youtube.com/watch?v=nTXeWIL1vhA
or just jonn serrie, his song "far river" inspired me to write a 5-page self-existential rant one time...

obligatory

listened to this off the side of the PA turnpike at like 2am with my best friends. it was probably the most beautiful moment of my life

fucking essential

reccing these for the list

Ryuchi Sakamoto + Fennesz - Cendre

came here to post this. it's essential.