If Kurt had lived 5-10 more years (1999-2004), would he be less famous?

If Kurt had lived 5-10 more years (1999-2004), would he be less famous?

Other urls found in this thread:

thetalkhouse.com/buzz-osborne-the-melvins-talks/
youtube.com/watch?v=c5OlCNTgXug
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, it's all about #27 baby.

Explain

His coolness was dried up when he died, it'd been a year or two of nothing and music was changing. He'd have turned into nobody, the guy Dave Grohl would have laughed about in interviews.

he wouldn't be "less famous" just not a tragic young death lost potential kind of famous

Dying at 27 is basically immortalizing yourself in rock music, Jim Morrison, Jimmi Hendrix, Chris Bell, D Boone, all rock legends who all died at 27.

I have little doubt that he'd have become a sad, washed-up rock star. The creative well tends to run dry relatively quickly for rock/pop musicians.

do you honestly need that explained?

Who knows. Who cares. Dumb subject. You're just fishing for Nirvana hate.

How was music changing? Also he was on tour promoting in uetero when he first tried commiting suicide.

Why did he kill himself? Still can't find answers

Biggest bullshit I read today.

It was actually getting worse. Post grunge and pop punk; green day and brit pop dying. Nu metal was starting!

The thing about Kurt is he completely fucked himself on drugs perhaps irrecoverably, and turned into a donghead. The film Last Days if you're interested

you two must be new here

that's what we like to refer to as "blatant bait"

I'm not baiting, its true

Probably, they weren't built for longevity.

pressured into doing it to create an image is what most people think

That's a fictional movie "inspired" by Kurt Cobain.

kill yourself

He probably would have killed himself.

not so much rock, but don't forget Janis Joplin and Robert Johnson

its your opinion. music is always changing and so did nirvana back in the day

He was a bi-polar heroin addict who suffered from depression, a chronic stomach pain that made life unbearable and he hated the life he had created for himself.

literally everyone is depressed

He would have ended up making softer music and been accused of "selling out" which he had done with Nevermind anyways.

Raising a child would have had an impact on his music from having an increasing apprecation for his own life. He certainly wouldn't have been Foo Fighters levels of crap, but I could only expect maybe 1 more album that would have retained some type of noisy angst. Think Surfer Rosa into Doolittle and Bossanova but never going back to release a Trompe Le Monde.

These are all hypotheticals though. There was a reason he made the music he made and that reason ultimately led to his demise, for better or worse.

Not clinically depressed, no

>"selling out" which he had done with Nevermind anyways.
[citation needed]

Daily reminder Kurt Cobain was murder you fucking idiots

proof?

Soaked in Bleach

Basically the story of the lead private investigator of the "suicide" hired after the Seattle police case closed

He would be our brendan fraser

I suspect he would be less famous, or at the very least there would be less universal praise for him and more opposition. There would be more underground purists hating on him for being mainstream, and more pop fans hating him for being abrasive and gloomy. He wouldn't have that untouchable aura about him.

At the same time, don't make too much of the inflation he got. He was already extremely popular, well liked, and praised. He was widely regarded as extremely important for bringing the 80s underground to the mainstream, and his fans already loved him for his honesty.

>this is the type of person you are arguing with on Sup Forums

I'm paraphrasing but it was his own words hence why he released In Utero (Radio Friendly Unit Shifter?).

You can hear the difference from Bleach to Nevermind.

Probably only as famous as Axl Rose or maybe even Michael Jackson.
Let's not forget that Nirvana hit top of the charts BEFORE Kurt killed himself.
But there's just as many people who would hate him as those who like him.

im just laughing my ass off at the thought of that
>daily threads just titled JUST with a picture of a middle aged slightly overweight balding kurt cobain with an untrimmed beard

Yet there is not much difference from the Nevermind demos to Nevermind, recorded for Sub-Pop before they were signed. That's not selling out, it's just the album they wanted to and were going to make anyways.

He'd be about as famous as Axl Rose is today.

your illiterate

>your illiterate
>your
the ironing is too much

Spotted the summerfag

I'm simply going by what's on record as him saying he hated the production of Nevermind for being too high-gloss. Making Albini the producer for In Utero only drives that point further.

Notice how I put selling out in quotations prior. It doesn't necessarily reflect my own views. Personally, I would simply say he had a stylistic change for the better. You can hear it in his melodies plus his song writing improved noticeably (which he placed a lower priority on, rightfully so).

He pooped, but sometimes he would turd, only to realize he shit on some crap. Occasionally fecal guano dire bleacha.

>I'm simply going by what's on record as him saying
No you're not, you just said you were paraphrasing him
>he hated the production of Nevermind for being too high-gloss
Only after it was a hit. He had heard the master and the band approved it, he only changed his band after it was a hit. Isn't that interesting?

Not him but I read somewhere Kurt saying something like 'fuck it we'll sell out and make a pop rock record.'

Its interesting reading this thread and being older and remembering the first time smells like teen spirit was on TV.

The whole Seattle wave was really of the times. Chasing trends or money was a huge no-no. It was a gen X thing, I was a bit young. We all looked up to the grunge and alt rock guys and felt a kinship with them. There was still a youth / naiveity about them. They thought they could change things.

Ethan Hawke in Reality Bites is it.

Thanks for that image, best laugh I had from this board today

Yeah, I WAS paraphrasing what he said then I followed it up with what he actually said. I'm not here to argue pragmatics so stop incorrectly nitpicking bullshit.

And yeah, I know he liked it at first, but the fact still stands that he hated it afterwards. Hence. Why. Albini. In Utero. Isn't that interesting?

You're poor at discussion since whether or not Kurt sold out wasn't even the point of my original post and you failed to address it. I'm out have a good night.

His acoustic stuff was his best stuff. That'd be the best turn for his career. To sell out and do smaller personal do what you want projects like Neil Young has been doing since Harvest. He's been selling records and living well, but he makes what he wants to make.

it's common knowledge that the stomach pain was bullshit he made up for sympathy.

Michael Jackson is infinitely more famous than Cobain as it is, so I don't see that happening.

you actually should kill yourself though

>Yeah, I WAS paraphrasing what he said then I followed it up with what he actually said
OK then give a [citation]
>Hence. Why. Albini. In Utero. Isn't that interesting?
And then, they had to go and polish up In utero to make it more slick. Also interesting isn't it? it's as if he was bi-polar by nature and couldn't set his mind on anything
>You're poor at discussion
It's literally not my fault you were wrong to begin with, and want to keep backpedaling
Oh did you know him personally?

thetalkhouse.com/buzz-osborne-the-melvins-talks/
>Kurt also told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with his stomach. He made it up for sympathy and so he could use it as an excuse to stay loaded. Of course he was vomiting — that’s what people on heroin do, they vomit. It’s called “vomiting with a smile on your face.”

If Kurt was alive today, he would become redpilled and join the alt-right. Kurt would then team up with Billy Corgan to make a concept album about trump and hating SJWs .

>buzz-osborne-the-melvins-talks
Not what I'm asking for. Need a primary non-bias source please

Why? He was an sjw when he was alive, what makes you think he would become redpilled?
His fans are all blue pilled teens I don't think he would change and risk alienating them.

Buzz Osbourne literally grew up in the same town as Kurt, played in Kurt's first band, and knew Kurt all the way up until his death.

Because of facts and logic. 99% of the time people outgrow leftist beliefs which are not bases on logic bit based on feels and propaganda. Corgan was also pretty bluepill back in the days and just look at him Now

He's also insanely jealous and will punch you if you mention Nirvana.

Try again.

>butt mad because based buzz tears down your hero complex for a dead heroin addict.

he didn't, courtney killed him

buzz is a sad grandma

I don't like Nirvana.

Nice try though.

[citation needed]

go to bed courtney

Go to bed Tom

Yes, for sure.
I had to think about this for a second but I think that Nirvana would have sucked after IU and just turned into another Stone Temple Pilots or some shit.

He was mostly famous just for marrying Courtney and overdosing prior to suicide apart from the band. All the voice of a generation hype started immediately after death.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5OlCNTgXug

Ok, I caved and am replying for the last time. No, I'm not citing shit especially if you won't do so as well. You rejected another dude's article as being biased and secondary and I don't doubt you're so arrogant that you will do the same to me. Let's say in some universe you're actually correct... you didn't even follow your own rules of proving your arguments correct (aka citing shit). This is literally feels like an elementary school shoutfest.

Again, you're completely missing the point (not surprised). It's not a matter of whether they polished the sound or tried to make a raw, live-sounding record. When I mentioned Albini, it was to show that In Utero had a noisier, more aggressive sound in contrast to Nevermind. If you can't differentiate between the two then you must not have ears while not being aware of Albini's style of music.

You misconstrued my words and I have to explain every detail to you because you lack even a basic level of interpretation, yet somehow I'm backpedaling? Why the fuck would I backpedal for an user? Doesn't even make sense. And how the hell was I "wrong" to begin with? My original post wasn't even about being right or wrong, it was about offering my opinion to what potentially would've happened with his career. Once again, everything completely sailed over your head. But for some reason you're so obsessed over little shit that isn't even remotely relevant to the thread.

In regards to that guy that posted the falsified stomach problem article, I'm not sold by it but damn the autist I'm arguing with sure went about responding to it the completely wrong way.

>stomach pains a lie
>"oh did you know him personally?"
>(yeah he really fucking asked him if he knew him personally)
>user links article
>"primary non-bias source please"

WHAT LOL. U KIDDIN RIGHT.

I'm definitely out now. Stop arguing with this guy. Hope he isn't on the high-school debate team cause he would get eaten alive.

Jimmies orbited

Obvius
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

if dubs this guy likes dick

This This

probably would have started making pop music like every grunge band ever.

then we'd wish hed have killed himself. he did the right thing.

reroll

less, nirvana never were so famous, they would be other blink-182 else.

reroll