/мeтaл/

SECRET GENERAL edition

no previous thread

this is spooky user

ssssshhhh

If you are false do not entry

does /metal/ like elect the dead

Did anyone else think the production quality of In Mourning's new record is so bad that it's almost unbearable? I want to like the record but it's a chore listening to it...

>tfw already scheduled my tattoo apointment to get "Furyo Till I Die"

Did anyone here ever download the Hells Headbangers compilations? Are they worth checking out or is it just classics? By the looks of it it seems to be just classics

which of the big 4 sunk the... uh... least low?

i won't ask who sunk the lowest since it's very obviously metallica

what's your metal AOTYSF?

I haven't got one yet, but pic related (uada - devoid of light) is pretty good. for fans of unanimated, dissection, etc etc etc

Slayer?

Any recs like Weedeater's first three? Already a bonzilla fan as well.

Obviously Megadeth

unironically Vektor - Terminal Redux

Since I can't like Moonsorrow anymore, probably Abbath

anthrax
can't sunk when you already hit the bottom lad

post yfw no-one even knows or cares how far anthrax sunk
post yfw you only just remembered anthrax is part of the big 4

Whenever I go to a festival and Anthrax is among the bands that play on the mainstage or mainstage 2 it kind of passes me by, I just don't care, I've never even seen them live, it's kind of sad since I like Fistful of Metal

It's a toss up between the new Death Fortress or Ancst for me.

zozzle

Oranssi Pazuzu probably. Nespithe 2 a strong contender as is Aluk Todolo

Watchu blastin /metal/?

raw kraut grind

Vmthanaachth, new Zealotry. Aluk Todolo.

What are the metal subregenres that are less likely being touched by hipsters?

skramz

Omnium Gatherum's new record.

Who cares, they'll never be part of the scene, they'll just awkwardly go to concerts, feel uncomfortable and stop giving a shit after a few weeks

slam and grindcore are hipsterproof

grind is kinda hipster, some bands are fucking vegan

>grindcore
That's literally hipsterbait man.

NSBM.

You might be right with slam, but there is a shit load of hipster grind, like Magrudergrind, and pitchfork favorably reviews many grind bands, like Pig Destroyer

grind is the opposite of hipsterproof

What is this then?

if you fill a waterproof bag with water, it's still waterproof

the fact that grind is liked by hipsters doesn't make it not hipsterproof

>tfw shitting up /o/'s sticker gen

hipsters only like watered-down grindcore with distinguishable riffs and melodies, shit like Sore Throat is hipsterproof

Traditional doom
OSDM

>Traditional doom

No, I've been to a Doom festival last months and that shit was full of hipsters and Goths

keep spreading the furyo style

So? We're talking entire genres, and the entire genre of grindcore is not hipsterproof.

>not fucking goth stoner qts

Pallbearer play traditional doom, do they not? And isn't the whole caverncore thing basically hipster jerking off to OSDM?

How is pallbearer hipster?

good post
>captcha: 404

literally nothing is hipsterproof, if there was a genre without hipsters then that would make it a prime target for them

I fucked up

Nobody mentioned heavy metal yet? I've never seen Sup Forums talk about it

This. Also, who cares?

You mean beside the fact that they were Pitchfork's metal darlings for awhile?

I'd also like to add Torontonians Olde and Crosss, who play doom and are SJW and hipsters

That's what I'm saying.

So being hipster just means being praised by pitchfork?

has black metal ever been in a worse state?

all the bands are now either
>DUDE RITUALS
>DUDE OCCULTISM
>DUDE ATMOSPHERE
>DUDE LOOK AT THIS COLORFUL ARTWORK
>DUDE INNOVATION
>DUDE INTELLIGENT BLACK METAL

When did we all go so wrong? Burzum can not be the only thing to blame, can't blame Dimmu and Cradle either, since mostly just goths and other metalheads listen to it, with a decent percentage of normal people as well.

Where?

yes, are you new here?

Speed
Power
OSDM
Heavy
First wave black
Thrash

you just have shit taste

Drummer is a great guy. Chatted about the line up at a fest a few years back and talked about Cianide and Anhedonist. Still bummed I missed Mournful Congregation back then.

as opposed to
>DUDE SATAN
?

Slayer I guess. They never really sold out, they just became parodies of themselves.

Metallica sold out
Dave sold out to try and one-up Metallica
Anthrax sold out to try and remain hip

Yeah no way these guys are hipsters

I'll give you Speed, heavy and Power.

But first wave black is definitely not save, the amount of people I've seen wearing Venom and Bathory merchandise without knowing anything about the music other than that they influenced the second wave bands.

Did you really put heavy metal on that list? Also can someone tell me the difference between trash and speed?

>Thrash
Vektor - Terminal Redux

And how is that hipster?

>Did you really put heavy metal on that list?
What's wrong with that?

The amount of hipsters I've seen wearing Helloween or Blind Guardian shirts have convinced me it's not hipster proof. Also that guy from This Exists

As for heavy, who doesn't love Sabbath?

>it's another "hipster metal" thread

stop this cancerous shit you faggots, caring at all about a band's fans or acclaim in unmetal as fuck

Speed doesn't have thrash's chugging rhythm. Speed is basically just speedy heavy metal.

Rituals/occultism/atmosphere have been there since the second wave.
"innovation" and "intelligent black metal" is just adding minor seconds everywhere to make it more modern

speed metal is fast.
trash metal is trash.

>it's another "stop this cancerous shit" post
Caring about what /metal/ does is unmetal as fuck faggot

What does metal think of Witchhelm?

do you realize how ridiculous you guys sound arguing about which subgenre is the least hipster? I have yet to meet a single hipster in real life that likes black, death or doom metal but apparently those are all hipster genres now. Metalcore doesn't get reviewed by pitchfork, does that mean it's acceptable to discuss here now?

Slayer. Even though they haven't been good for several decades now they are at least trying to capture what made them such a potent and legendary metal band on their last few albums. Yes, those albums suck, but they get an A for effort. Metallica sold out two albums into their career.

Spend 20 minutes in Williamsburg and you will see a dude with a patch jacket featuring a kill em all patch, several motorhead and venom shirts, etc

Samael - Worship Him. Been in a 'black metal worshiping heavy metal' type of mood today so I've been blasting them along with Rotting Christ.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you argue with random strangers on the internet about what random garbage they argue about?

Who cares what this general memes over? It doesn't matter at all, most of it is just having fun at the expense of people like you, who actually get offended. None of this matters.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Power metal is the only one on this list that's probably hipsterproof, even though I'm sure some of them listen to it for ironic reasons.

It isn't, trust me.

I'll trust you random stranger on the internet

NSBM is the only hipster proof sub-genre then. I know a lot of those idiots claim to like Burzum, but Varg always kept his beliefs out of his music so they probably think it's safe to listen to.

Yeah i'm so offended, epic trolling bro

>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact
You are definitely right about that

Elokuutio

Favorite Judas Priest album that isn't Painkiller?

i haven't really listened to priest besides painkiller

desu

That image is your last post in a nutshell dude. anyway this is the last you you'll get from me

Sad Wings and Sin After Sin are both better than Painkiller though.

Stained Class, Sin After Sin, Defenders of The Faith.

Those are the best

I'm watching NHL right now

I put it off a long time when I got into metal, but it's definitely worth it, especially early Judas Priest is very good in my opinion, and hearing how they got heavier over time is a good time

It's better if you go back to liking Moonsorrow. Abbath was fucking awful. Just listen to I instead or Demonaz' solo stuff.