Is he singlehandedly responsible for the downfall of quality discussion on mu and the reduction to mere newfaggot...

Is he singlehandedly responsible for the downfall of quality discussion on mu and the reduction to mere newfaggot regurgitated shitposts?

i want to shit tobasco flavored cum into anthony fandago's nose

It doesn't help that he's always right.

>No music knowledge past surface level "eclecticism"
>No knowledge in wider spectrum of music history or theory
>Untalented

hes perfect for you clueless faggot anti music """""fans"""""

Not singlehandedly, but he contributed to the pitchfork effect of Sup Forums reactingly quickly and stupidly to new albums.

Why are there so many threads of this guy? How was this allowed to happen?

He helped. Kanye helped. OF/Tyler helped. Twitter helped. Poptimism helped.

The people with the strongest opinions, and the biggest shitposters, are also ones with very little musical exposure outside of their teen genres. Teens are Anthony's key demo. Bit of a chicken egg situation in regards to him.

>left out Death Grips
All part of the same spamming child demo.

interesting.................................

>OF/Tyler helped
Glad Sup Forums stopped liking all that shit.
the spamming and shitposting hen Wolf came out was horrible.

He's not responsible for the memes. He's a casual, erstwhile participant at best.

Fantano's negative contribution to Sup Forums culture is the same as p4k's: the tastemaker illusion. Sup Forums genuinely believes that the music he and p4k reviews are more or less what is happening and worth checking out in music.

The result is that AOTY year threads are full of charts that are all permutations of the same 20-30 p4k and tnd approved albums.

Even though both are great musical resources, you fuckers seriously need to broaden your horizons. Post on other forums, listen to artists that are labelmates of artists you like, listen to artist your favorite artists rep on their facebooks/twitters, etc. Maybe even tell Fantano about the shit you find so he can expand his horizons as well.

>Even though both are great musical resources, you fuckers seriously need to broaden your horizons. Post on other forums, listen to artists that are labelmates of artists you like, listen to artist your favorite artists rep on their facebooks/twitters, etc. Maybe even tell Fantano about the shit you find so he can expand his horizons as well.
I am completely supportive of that notion. Hell you can even find some great music just from looking at youtube and last.fm recommendations. It's really easy to expand your taste and find some good music, which is why it frustrates me that a lot of users only go for the p4k bnm shit when there is some good music out there that not even the most experienced reviewer has covered. Sure you're going to have to shift through a lot of shit to get to it, but when you do, it's more than worth the effort.

this tbqh

fantano doesnt contribute shit. if people arent making their own opinions, well founded or not, theyll regurgitate whatever they hear that suits their tastes.

maybe lots of people find common ground with fantano's taste. maybe they just dont give a flying fuck and dont put much effort into finding music beyond watching his videos. fact of the matter is that its not the content creators, its the apathy of the people posting.

and that really isnt a problem either really

>Great musical resources

Fantano especially does a great job of contextualizing artists and their latest release. I usually listen to the first 2-3 minutes of his reviews if its a band or album I haven't heard. Then I listen to the album anyway if it sounds like stylistically something I would be interested in regardless of whether or not Fantano ended up "liking" the album.

The weirdest thing about Fantano for me is that he and I literally have diametrically opposed tastes. For example he cites "Black Quarterback" as a shitty moment on NOTM because of how chaotic it is. Shit is my favorite part on the whole album.

>and that really isnt a problem either really
yep, if you give a shit you'll venture deeper. you can lead a horse to water etc

>Fantano does a great job

you must know nothing about muzak

I do. I think he's useless as a critic, but as a music journalist he's great. He would be a great wiki contributor.

THIS THIS. Find what artist inspired the artists you like. Read interviews to see what bands they are listening to. Go to their shows; usually the bands are within the same genre of music.

Read magazines but don't blindly agree with their opinion. Just use them to find new bands to check out.

So many ways to find new artists and it's crazy when people are like, "Man I can't find anything."

> saying newfaggot
newfaggot detected

You say that as if you have knowledge of the wide spectrum of 'music history and theory.'

You say that as if you aren't on the spectrum

>Swans - Just a Little Boy (for Stefan Burnett)

>I cant do it so nobody can!!!

>Read interviews to see what bands they are listening to
>watch Nardwuar interviewing any artst you like
>and up with at lest 5 hours of obscure local music to listen to
>check said music on discogs and listen to what is listed there as similar
it's not that hard

>No music knowledge past surface level "eclecticism"
I think he's demonstrated in interviews and podcasts that his knowledge goes far beyond his videos and its obvious he knows more about music than most of his podcast guests
he also plays multiple instruments, which is more than most music reviewers can say sadly

le review man, tyler the creator, death grips, neutral milk, kanye and rap in general, twitter, and normalfags are what caused Sup Forums to become the way it is.

remember that music is something that normalfags from facebook will literally come here to talk about. it's not like anime where they think it's weird.

it doesn't help that you all like normalfag rap too.

No he hasn't. Knowing the timelines of artists active with in the last ~50 years does not count as comprehensive music knowledge

dream this man

No, but there's no reason to want this from Fantano. In terms of contextualizing current artists within the timeline of popular music, Fantano does a great job.

It's like the "plot summary" part of a film review. It's not the part of the review that constitutes real criticism, but it's a part of it and some critics fuck it up royally (too long, too detailed/spoilery, dull to read etc). Fantano's contextualizations are fun and enthusiastic and make you excited about exploring current music.

Pity he's so vapid when it comes to passing judgment on what makes the music work or not work.