youtube.com/watch?v=tlkPxq1BZaE
youtube.com/watch?v=ooyRv1CNFLw
youtube.com/watch?v=CT9FSkTRG2w
youtube.com/watch?v=85rRNICYOn0
youtube.com/watch?v=YSOULQi54d8
youtube.com/watch?v=O9T75cDONmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there is one but it's pretty horrible

Metal is a bad genre - there is too much screaming, there are too many lyrics that reveal that the artists are trying to hard to be provocative, and the guitars and drums are so overwhelming that they drown out any other instruments that are also important.

where?
it doesn't show up in the search

I disagree

>the guitars and drums are so overwhelming that they drown out any other instruments that are also important.
LMAO

What other instruments are there?

The bass....guitar? I assure you you can hear it.

Go listen to symphony and metallica you shithead.

Orchestral music is better than music with only guitars and drums.

Pet Sounds is great but you're just being purposely thick if you want to believe that metal is just incoherent booming

other than that you can say similar things about bands from nearly every genre

>seriously replying to shitty b8

stop posting anytime

That's irrelevant, you are saying that in metal the volume of the guitar and drums obscures the other instruments. Metal is not orchestral music. So what instruments is it obscuring?

>it's an obvious bait post derails the thread episode
Great and I was hoping this would be the shitpost free thread

youtube.com/watch?v=rJxf9Fcblxg
WE'RE DYING FOR YOU
MUHREENS

First of all, yes, the bass guitar is overwhelmed. Also, my point was that in metal, any instruments that would add value to the instrumentation would be drowned out.
Here are a list of instruments that the very concept of metal destroys: violin, double-bass, cello, theremin, flute, piccolo, clarinet, acoustic guitar, etc., etc.
It is absurd to think that there are no metal bands that have tried to incorporate such instruments, but any who have have surely been disappointed by their own genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=9SgtScsVUg4
post some "old" metal
like 80s stuff
good to see something different

nah, these instruments show up in all sorts of metal bands, and are perfectly audible

youtube.com/watch?v=m4aB3nm1HCg

next?

it was a spooky secret general

but it didn't stop the shitposting

ATG uses violin and cello, how are these instruments ruining ATG?

youtube.com/watch?v=vcalzVJ5Foo

youtube.com/watch?v=68wTD7MSAZ4

the very idea of Rock in general doesn't fit with thise instruments you mong and frankly they would not bring that much to the table anyways outside of black/atmos metal and similar stuff

orchestral music is all well and good but frankly there has not been much development there at all in over 60 years, if not even longer if you want to go pre 20th century

more instruments doesn't mean better or add anything by necessity unless they can play a functional role

keyboard and other things already have places in metal

not to mention more avant guard things like this black/jazz fusion

youtube.com/watch?v=toNA6BcPDDI

The only times in that song that the other instruments are audible are when the metal parts aren't being played. If you go to 2:30, you can hear how none of the other instruments even have a say in the music.

I hear no such thing. I hear them continuing to be audible and contribute when the composition requires them to be.

Are you saying all instruments should be playing simultaneously, all the time? You've clearly never actually studied or played classical music.

Also, that other dude was right, I doubt you actually hold these opinions and I have no idea why I'm wasting time with you other than to turn you onto Giant Squid. The whole album is similarly great by the way.

Pet Sounds is rock and it is orchestral. Kid A is rock and it is orchestral. Orchestral rock is possible and is the ideal form of music.

Damn. That was some good baiting. I did well.

why can't I listen to Pet Sounds and Sodom?
desu I like that metal embraces the darker aspects of man, not only sex, drugs and rock, but violence, depression, power, pride and more.

That's genuinely solid baiting there, friend.

fantastic cover
desu I love old metal covers, so many shitty new ones
youtube.com/watch?v=UnWzCuhrsbE

Thanks, friend.

on that note post your favorite metal album cover and/or your least favorite

For me being dark is in no way a requirement for metal. This song isn't dark, it's huge and serene, like the procession of celestial bodies through the cosmos.
youtube.com/watch?v=PPEMzLPynrE

Hard to pick a favorite, i'll post a couple

another

I loved this one too

In all seriousness though I do often struggle to hear the bass in some metal records.

classic one here

>Kid A
>Orchestral

Give me some of the shit you're smoking, pal!

The guitars on this album are mind bendingly awesome.

Easily my favorite, it just oozes masculinity.

Are you saying this is your least favorite? Cuz I like this one. Good album too

Have you heard the new conan?

Best tone of any metal record I've heard to date. Period.

>Have a pile of music.
>Drag folder on to media player.
>Shuffle playlist.

Rate my result.

Bad covers?

why are metal album covers so amazing lads?

there are PLENTY of awful ones too

basic bitch/10

this one is so cheesy but I love it
same thing with the music too especially some of the lyrics but the riffs are good so whatever

>visibly upscaled CG
W H Y
H
Y

youtube.com/watch?v=7JruuMkV0gM

fucking love this album. what are more like it?

I wish games had shit like this.

No but I'll give it a listen!

don't give a fuck
love Riot desu
youtube.com/watch?v=6eZf972zbi0
maybe this, not as fast paced though
youtube.com/watch?v=tlkPxq1BZaE

I like this too
youtube.com/watch?v=ooyRv1CNFLw

>weird colorful cover
>prog/tech thrash
how is this album not a meme?

pretty cool stuff though

top tier thrash here
youtube.com/watch?v=CT9FSkTRG2w

also how do you lads usually find new stuff?
I unironically surf youtube sometimes listening to things until I find stuff I like then check out the band's other stuff

that + Sup Forums and asking the guy at the record shop for recommendations or picking cheap albums up when they look cool

was starting with Infinity a bad idea if i want to attempt to get into Devin Townsend?

this just sounds like progressive butt metal to me.

>how is this album not a meme?
every meme needs its memer

listen to SYL first instead

>meme
You people are the reason this general is shit now.

>says the tripfag

No one fucking wants you here shitposting up the thread again. How are we supposed to salvage this thread without you fucking it up like you always do?

And when one general gets rid of you, you just slink to the next like a fucking snake.

Randomly clicking through related youtube vids, Last.fm similar artists, Metal Archives similar artists, Listening to every band on a record label, finding other bands members of a band I like have been involved with (and in turn finding out other bands from the related ones), metal documentaries, MA reviewers, and sometimes just looking up every demo/EP/album released of a certain genre in a certain time period and sampling what seems interesting.

i was wondering how nobody has memed it yet. not saying that it should be a meme

also

pretty much this.

That addressed zero issues.
I've only ever been on /metal/.
Acknowledging it is the problem.

Is there any bad morbid angel album?

No.

Everything post-Altars was a letdown but Gateways had its moments

Wahey!
Look at him go

only because AoM was such a masterpiece

Far superior to the original, when a banjo makes the song sound heavier then you know that you've written something awful.
youtube.com/watch?v=85rRNICYOn0

What do you anons think of Enterprise Earth, Infant Annihilator, and Black Tongue?

The issue addressed is you and your fucking cancer ridden persona here, bringing the quality of this thread and others down

Guess the album

Awful, overproduced, manufactured garbage that straddles the line between wanting to be heavy but aiming moreso to be catchy and accessible.

>any of those
>catchy

???

That's not an issue.

Stop denying it tripfag. You're ruining this place and soon it'll be too late. You're a fucking plague upon our houses.

>soon it'll be too late
How long have you not been paying attention?
>fucking plague upon our houses
That's just sad if you consider this a home.

Right?

youtube.com/watch?v=YSOULQi54d8

some sabbath vibe

Rhythmic grooves played in a mechanical stop-start fashion that delivers a "get-down" swaggering feel for kids to stomp to covered by heavily processed tunnel throat vocals meant to seem scary but all-in-all lacking the demonic edge of real growls that is all wrapped up in a digitally mastered clean production sound so it can be packaged and mass marketed is pretty catchy and faux-aggressive to me. Heaviness requires more than just distortion, blasts, and screaming, deathcore is just overproduced death metal written with a hip-hop/club music vibe (without the interesting beats or clever word play of actual hip-hop). A little bit of None So Vile style breakdowns (without the proper buildup and execution), a few doses of TBDM style vocals and lifted SOTS riffs, some stock palm muted tremelo riffs that only exist to pad song lengths interjected between all that nonsense, and the songwriting sense of a club DJ trying to push out the next "banger" to the masses encompasses all of deathcore's essence. The more technical bands throw in Ion Dissonance style wank "riffs" that exists only to make the band seem cool on youtube playthroughs as opposed to adding any value to the vapid music at hand; all deathcore is trash.

You spew shit and cancer wherever you go. I hope you fucking kill yourself.

kill yourself

Is that death wearing bling?

The fuck is this wigger hipster shit

MY EYES ARE RED, FILLED WITH FIRE, MY HEART BEATS FAST, BLOOD RUNS HIGHER

i seriously hate how every "stoner" or doom band has to use a shitty fuzz pedal to feel like they meet the requirements of the genre

weed culture ruined metal

I have this weird feeling that you're the same guy that's always hounded me for no reason. I know I don't have any way to prove it, but I have a really strong conjecture with the way you talk to me.

it fucking founded metal my man

youtube.com/watch?v=O9T75cDONmE
K.

So now you've got paranoid delusions and shit. And anyone who tries to call you on your shitposting is automatically "the same guy". Fuck you. Own up to your shit.

the point still stands

Not feeling it, pretty generic stuff.

im more into stoner, doom and prog than anything else these days and i don't smoke weed.

just memeing
I like it too

Your response is oddly overcompensating against my claim.

And your response is oddly cucked, but what of it?