You fucking faggots. It hasn't even been six fucking hours yet, and you're all fucking complaining

You fucking faggots. It hasn't even been six fucking hours yet, and you're all fucking complaining.

It's literally one FUCKING song released in the past 16 years by them and you pathetic, talentless, lifeless faggots are already typing away at your keyboards with your greasy, chubby fingers about how the song doesn't meet your every requirement.

Take a fucking pistol and jam it into your mouth and pull the trigger you worthless cunts, it's all you're good for.

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/news/the-avalanches-unveil-new-album-wildflower-debut-single-20160602
youtube.com/watch?v=iBo3py7IP2s
youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY
keatscollective.bandcamp.com/album/pierpoint-ep
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh goodie! another thread

But user it's literally family SUV car commercial music

but to be fair OP. don't you think 16 years would culminate more spectacularly?

I mean, 16 years passes, and the art has progressed to this level?

Its not like they don't have time to consider this, this was an extremely thought out, carefully planned, mulled over decision to release THIS song. It can be judged, because they themselves understand the weight it holds

i'm not sure if you noticed this but Sup Forums rapidly devolved into contrarian opinions the last few years. every big album this and last year was immediately called shit because it's the cool thing to do.

Sup Forums don't like music anymore, ever since NORMIES started liking music >:)

You sound like such an adolescent sperg. The avalanches are shit, by the way.

You fucking faggot. It hasn't even been six fucking hours yet, and you're fucking complaining.

It's literally been only a few FUCKING hours which is nothing compared to how old Sup Forums is and you, pathetic, talentless, lifeless faggot, are already typing away at your keyboard with your greasy, chubby fingers about how the board doesn't meet your every requirement.

Take a fucking pistol and jam it into your mouth and pull the trigger you worthless cunt, it's all you're good for.

stfu

stfu

Are you trying to say that you think that they think this is the best song they have on their new album and that's why they chose to release it first?

Here's to hoping this is their radio single

He didn't say that at all. He just wishes that the song they did release built more hype and wasn't total trash.

Except it's not trash

your daily be nice to The Avalanches™

What song? The Avalanches? I only listened to some of their EPs, they're a pretty generic plunderphonics band. I could understand the hype IF they started in the 60s/70s when Plunderphonics was made and did what they're doing but they started decades later meaning they're just derivative of the main idea.

its not even bad, i mean 1st 10 seconds i was like

nah wtf, but it grew on me

Let go of my dick

wow dude, the track is fucking killer! Frank Sinatra is straight up CLASS!
What a wacky video too, crazy cats and paintball fucking LOL ! XD
And that Sound of Music sample, so inspired and original!
Everyone who hates on this MASTERPIECE are dumb talentless hacks with have no sense of CLASS!

I MEAN, LIKE YOU COULD DO ANY BETTER AMIRITE??

> 60s/70s when Plunderphonics was made

What the fuck

are you fucking high

or maybe thinking musique concrete = plunderphonics

he read a wikipedia article, i think this makes him an expert okay, it references MAINSTREAM albums like endtroducing and since i left you

It's boring drivel

You're boring drivel

Maybe you want to listen to more than twenty albums from the 2000s and you'll hear in some "experimntal" musicians the same technique that is called plunderphonics.

this shitpost just rocked my world

"A man's attitude... a man's attitude goes some ways. The way his life will be. Is that somethin' you agree with?"

Thank god this is a bonus track

IF IT'S GARBAGE IT'S GARBAGE
WOULD YOU PREFER PEOPLE LIE JUST TO SATISFY YOUR FANBOY INSTINCTS?

COCKSUCKER

so a song about getting pulled over with drugs in your system is good suv commercial stuff

um

i need to go to sleep but all this fighting over a shitty song is too good to pass up

The new music we heard on the hotline and in the trailer was great, and I'm happy to hear a bit of variety in there too.

idk once you think of it as an off-the-wall hip hop track it improves I reckon

Is it really worth getting pissed over

I thought it was pretty good, but I think most people are upset because it doesn't really sound like avalanches for the most part.

rollingstone.com/music/news/the-avalanches-unveil-new-album-wildflower-debut-single-20160602
Dat tracklist
Looks like its gonna be another cohesive thing looking at the number of tracks. Unless we get a College Dropout style sprawl, ech

Sucks to see features on an Avalanches album, kinda defeats the point of plunderphonics right? Does this mean movement away from pure plunderphonics?

I mean, IMO the bigger disservice would be to release SILY 2

They're obviously not abandoning their roots but I wanna see a bit of change here and there, and this new track gives me hope.

I'm in complete agreement OP.

Why? Would you rather a lackluster sequel of the same thing?

The album will be good

Woah it's the American flag
But they're Australian?
What

>Does this mean movement away from pure plunderphonics?

They've never been "pure", they always played instruments. Samples can only get you so far.

am i the only one who liked it?

So Sup Forums likes electro-swing now?

1. The track is shit because it's a Danny Brown song produced by the Avalanches featuring MF Doom, NOT an Avalanches track.
2. Most of you didn't hear SILY until the 2010's so stop using the shitty "16 YEARS?!?!?!?!" excuse.

>The track is shit because it's a Danny Brown song produced by the Avalanches featuring MF Doom, NOT an Avalanches track.

They made rap before making SILY, it's an Avalanches track

this

youtube.com/watch?v=iBo3py7IP2s

I'm just confused as to why Danny and Doom's vocals are so low in the mix. I can barely hear a bloody thing they're saying clearly.

Everything about this single sounds a bit demo-ish. Excited for the album though

God damn this. Can you imagine if they just played it safe and released a basic sequel to their first album after making fans wait for 16 fucking years?

So you can only express positive opinions concerning the single now? If you have an issue with people making their minds up after six hours, then you should be complaining about the people gushing about the new track as well.

Ah yes, whenever I talk with anyone on the Internet they said "FUCK SILY WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO RETURN TO EL PRODUCTO"

It's a genuinely awful song, stay mad

this

Obviously. Has any band stayed this many years without releasing new music only to when making a comeback everybody likes them?
MBV, GNR, Swans, King Crimson, Stone Roses and perhaps other i'm forgeting.
People will always stay filled with after years and years listening to their oldest stuff that they magically want music to be an instant classic. Most of the times not only is never a classic, it's just fan service.

>4 minute song has been out for 6 hours
>it's unacceptable to have formed an opinion on it by now

I don't want to be mean (I actually do), but I think anyone who likes this song is significantly dumber than those who do not. You see, this song is just a five-second loop with an added drum machine and random screams sprinkled throughout. Then Danny Brown comes in and glorifies being a complete retard like himself, eloquently stating, "I'm so high; you're so high!" before tacking on some random Frank Sinatra worship at the end to fit the beat (yes, The Avalanches' music has devolved into being a "beat"). MF DOOM's verse might have been okay, if this was an MF Grimm B-side. I can just picture the fedora-toting fans of this song nodding their heads and thinking, "Alright, Frank Sinatra, AWESOME, I love the classics!" Kill me.

filtered

don't forget the lazy sound of music sample reference, they never would have done something that blatant in the past

What about the obvious Kraftwerk sample in Rolling High? Or "Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in Love"?

i thought it was great

What's that sample right before the Sound of Music one from?
3:12 to 3:16 in the video

Oh shit, I meant to write an entire other paragraph about how much this shit offended me. Even the fucking transition into it is choppy. What the actual fuck was their thought process when they decided to drop everything but the drum machine and include a good twenty seconds of My Favorite Things? Probably Danny saying it was "cash money" or some shit and they all played along so as not to hurt his feelings. Or maybe they snorted so much coke with him that their judgment got impaired entirely. And then it just goes right back into the same boring electroswing shit.

And let's not forget the "grand finale" of the track: they add in another kick drum. Fuck, it's so bad. Worse than the Deltron 3030 follow-up.

always thought that was a half nod to bambaataa by way of, yeah it's somewhat blatant but still a b-side

Reminder this isn't the song Danny Brown said would change the world

"I did one song with them a while ago and it was cool," Brown told Triple J. "They felt like it was OK and I felt like it was OK. But then we actually got in the studio and made a record and I swear the record we made is incredible. 'Frank Sinatra' was the first one we did. That was cool but the one we did after that... I swear, if we put that out, it'll change the world. I heard it that first night and that was the only time I heard it. I wanna hear it again!"

this is miles ahead of frankie sinatra though

If they thought it was just OK why the fuck would they put it on their album?

>Take a fucking pistol and jam it into your mouth and pull the trigger you worthless cunts

well now, here's a man that wants to get right down to it

>contrarian opinions
>only the last few years

The central conceit of Sup Forums has and always will be elitism and contrarianism. It is easily the most compelling thing about this godforsaken board and just about the only thing that separates here from /r/music.

From the sounds of it, it seems like even the avalanches are meh on it too.

So why the fuck release it?

Danny Brown seems lukewarm, The Avalanches seems ehh about it so it doesn't make sense to lead this song as the opener

I woke up with that chorus stuck in my head

yay racism

>this is the intelligence of the average Frankie Sinatra fan

>newtrip thinks he's allowed to say anything ever

it's not compelling at all, it ruins music discussion when hating everything is the cool thing to do.

people always say "it was always like this :^)" but it wasn't, Sup Forums was always slightly contrarian yeah just like all of Sup Forums but they had actual discussion instead of instantly resorting to shitposting.

To kill the hype a bit so people can actually absorb the rest of the album properly

That actually makes sense. Put out a shit song. Lower expectations for people so they go in with no hype or less hype

>newfag thinks a Weebteam founder is a newtrip

i dont think

Dank le hat memes bro xD
upboated

youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

>It hasn't even been six hours yet! That means you aren't allowed to hate it.

you are a fucking retard. Try rereading that quote

Nah you reread idiot.

the maddona Holiday sample was pretty blatant desu, there was a fuss made over it even at the time

The track that was on that hotline or whatever was expected Avalanches quality. This Frankie S one is v forgettable, and not that great. It's not like they've never released a mediocre song before though, so I'm not worried about the rest of the album.

So since the Avalanches have proven they can't follow up SILY what are some other good sample heavy albums that aren't just sound collage? Be it turntablism or anything else as long as the majority of the music is made from samples.

This. The song on the hotline sounded straight out of SILY.

keatscollective.bandcamp.com/album/pierpoint-ep

I feel utterly betrayed.

Avalanches have always been electro swing

jk

I think it's from Sgt. Peppers.

Thanks Mr. Swans

If it ain't broke then don't fix it. You sound like you wouldn't want a Loveless 2. Who the fuck wouldn't want a Loveless 2?

Oh yeah I'd love another 45 minutes of unintelligible fuzzy shit

>I don't like this song
>You fucking faggot. It hasn't even been six fucking hours yet, and you're fucking complaining. It's literally one FUCKING song released in the past 16 years by them and you pathetic, talentless, lifeless faggot are already typing away at your keyboard with your greasy, chubby fingers about how the song doesn't meet your every requirement. Take a fucking pistol and jam it into your mouth and pull the trigger you worthless cunt, it's all you're good for.

holy fuck user I just don't like the song you daft cunt

>stop disliking what I like! xD

if you want rosy-eyed mindless optimism, stick to reddit. we aren't here to circlejerk over abortions like frankie sinatra

They don't hate everything, they just hate music they think is bad.
And no, it doesn't ruin discussion, so go blame yourself for that.
And yes, it was indeed always like that, and actually even worse because it was filled with Sup Forumstards.

Will this become a new copypasta?