I'm tired of the whole "old Swans vs new Swans" shit. Fact is if you think Swans (no matter the time period) is boring...

I'm tired of the whole "old Swans vs new Swans" shit. Fact is if you think Swans (no matter the time period) is boring, you're a pleb.

Yeah, I know right

Fantano here. You're wrong,

It's past your bedtime, melon.

I like both but they're pretty different. I think I prefer the harshness and power theme of the earlier Swans albums.

Agreed. But I feel like the people that only like their old stuff are just hardcore metalheads who like how "lol fuckin brutal and heavy" it is.

Industrial/No Wave Swans was try hard when Gira copied everyone around him to get "cred".

When this scene died down he shifted the goalposts to the Goth crowd which was getting particularly popular in America and this is when they released their best albums WLFTMOI/ LOL and their best non-tryhard album TBW (which Gira publically dismissed as he knows it was moreso for money than anything else).

The live albums have produced some good stuff like Omniscience, ABIAER, Real Love, Swans are Dead, Feel Good Now and one or two others which weren't completely tryhard (like PC).

Swans are Dead is the definitive Swans album, it covers all their sides in two CDs and was the perfect finish for the band, unfortunately they didn't.

MFWG/ The Seer/ TBK was a direct attempt at a resurgance in presence by Gira realising that the neo-pseudo hipsters loved loud post-rock so that's what he did and even got some of their darlings to perform with (St Vincent) so as to get more attention. This is the worst period of Swans though some of the live albums like NHNN and WRFYBWTSOOH were quite good though didn't surpass their old material.

So that's why old Swans is better than neo-Swans.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Gira himself got tired of having the "loudest most brutal band evar" image.

>WRFYBWTSOOH
At a certain point, just truncating the title becomes easier than using an acronym.

You fucking suck, go away.

If one really likes the band it should be implicit as to what it refers to.

True, but that doesn't make it any less obnoxious.

How is it obnoxious? It's a shortened version of the name to make it easier to recognise for the fans.

I disagree. I think WLFTMOI is average at best 5/10 or 6/10. It doesn't do much for me.
LOL it's even worst, it's a 2/10. Filler album.

The neo-Swans are by far the ONLY interesting act in nowdays rock scene(2000-until today).
There's literally no one else making rock music with personality and creativity as Swans are. Everyone else is simply rehashing.

I personally prefer the more melodic swans that we got on TBK, but Filth is still in my top 10 records of the 80s

Why do you feel that? They're sister albums so they are as close as being a triple album as anything.

How? Neo-Swans are just doing what older Post-Rock bands like Gastr Del Sol, Do Make Say Think and Labradford did years ago.

>WRFYBWTSOOH
what

I see you're a typical Swans' "fan", you should recognise this.

they never fail to impress me.

its WRFYBWTSIOH you retarded faggot

So because of the accidental O instead of I you couldn't recognise it? lol

those bands dont sound like neoSwans in any way conceivable

>I don't want me and metalheads to have the same favorite releases of a particular band like ewwww no they're so lame
This is just pathetic.

I really hope you don't go around calling other people pleb.