What the hell are these and what they do? Genuine question

What the hell are these and what they do? Genuine question.
And why those cables are so thicc?!

>What the hell are these and what they do? Genuine question.
compensate for his tiny peni
>And why those cables are so thicc?!
bcuz his tiny penis is small

haha really epic

i love it

Amps, make the music sound good.

these are amps, they cost you money and look impressive to your friends' eyes. that's about it

That old man is in his 60s. All the amps in the world won't improve his geezer ears.

what's he listening to, Sup Forums?

Death Grips

The large one is probably a studio quality D/A converter or some kind of server. The other boxes are ambiguous but are definitely pre-amplifiers, amplifiers or other D/As.

The cables are thicc because placebo. Cable quality means fuck all as long as it's balanced properly and insulated well.

lo-fi recordings of pigs farting

meme rap

>Cable quality means fuck all as long as it's balanced properly and insulated well.
that's just wrong. if you have the best da converters in the world playing high quality audio but cheap cables, it will sound like shit. I'm not saying you need adamantium-meteorite galvanized premium 4 inches cables to listen to music, though

Steely Dan

A D/A, or DAC is a Digital to Analogue Converter. It takes a digital signal which is 1s and 0s, and turns it into an analogue one, which is a continuous oscillating wave. You cannot hear 1s and 9s, obviously, but a continuous wave can be heard because its values can be turned into changes in air pressure through the use of a loudspeaker.

A pre-amplifier takes a small signal and brings it up to line-level through clever trickery that I don't fully understand.

An amplifier, well, amplifies signals. It takes a signal and makes it louder. This is often necessary because fancy headphones like the HD 800s in the OP pic are usually high impedence and will need to be driven by a beefy signal in order to not be shitty.

>tfw spent tens of tousands of dollars on sound equipment and still can't tell the different between high bitrate mp3 and flac

merzbow

Nobody can, unless the mp3 is poorly encoded. This doesn't mean shit. Enjoy your gear.

[spoiler] because there is no difference [/spoiler]

that's what he means by "balanced properly and insulated well"
monoprice, not alibaba

yo mama
yo yo ma
ama lol

Those are special hydraulic audio cables. Incredibly more detailed and clear than optical or god forbid electrical metal conductor cables. They transfer sound through fluid, that's why the cables resemble garden hoses a bit. Though obviously a garden hose wouldn't do as it doesn't have the required shielding.

you probably just can't hear as well as the rest of the herd.

Left circle:
DAC and tube headphone amp,

Other two circles:
Power supplies for the devices in the left circle.

>epic
kys

I hate myself for laughing at this

>kys
Keep
Your
Smile

?

>he doesn't even have a clever little clock

enjoy your caveman music you ancient faggot

toto

all placebo

they are there just to show off to guests that comes into his house and his wife

Holy shit, can't stress this enough

YouTube rips