Is it me or is it really hard to hear danny brown and doom?

is it me or is it really hard to hear danny brown and doom?

it's really hard to hear quality either

it's mixed atrociously
which is weird coming from these guys

The mixing is very quiet

People keep saying this, but I can hear them both fine. I guess I really need to listen to more music, since I haven't started going deaf yet.

True

This I can make out every word that they say, with complete ease.

I think the intent was to have them mixed kind of low, if that's what's what you mean by "atrociously"

You don't think they're a little quiet for vocals in general?

they want you too turn it up to hear them

I can hear them fine. lyrics aren't super clear (though I can make out most of it) but they're not really meant to be. Brown coming in for his first verse almost sounds like another sample. Song is mixed really well imo.

its great production so it must have been their choice but I don't exactly get it

Its music based rather than rap based

The Avalanches are primarily an instrumental group, and this track is meant to be reminiscent of a carnival of sorts, so drowned out vocals make perfect sense.

Maybe it has to do with them wanting it to focus on their production not just the rappers and they want to make the production equal to their rapping.

Are you telling me I don't go on Sup Forums for one day and we have a new Avalanches track ft. Danny Brown and DOOM?

dafuq??

talk about the worst time to take a break from Sup Forums

Yeah it's a terribly mixed track. It leads me to believe that's what we're in for for the entire album.

love The Avalanches, but this is really not my thing...

Scruffy will love it for the circus-core vibes though

Not a fan of this track, but maybe my opinion will change once I hear it on the album without the shitty music video that looks like some summer comedy flick. DOOM feature was nice, but I never been a fan of Danny Brown's vocals.

Oh yeah and it sounds like the Vocaloid song "Levan Polka" which is spammed everywhere, even on TV.

Did you guys listen with speakers or earphones?

i listened with earphones and it was kinda muddy

Yeah, most attempts I can't make it that far into the song.