What would you rate each Sup Forumscore album?

What would you rate each Sup Forumscore album?

Before you bully remember these are popular for a reason. Also I realized how many of these I haven't heard yet and will fix that ASAP.

unless you have bad taste it should be close to my ratings I think

Legit every album there is below a 5/10
Kid A might be a 6 but that's it

>these are popular for a reason.
Because they are drummed up by publications and people without any critical knowledge of music as an artform.

why is jason aldean there
where did this meme come from
(inb4 the scaruffi copypasta)

WHERE'S BLURRYFACE?!?!'!?!?!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

From left to right all the way down

9/10
10/10
8/10
9/10
9/10
7/10
8/10
10/10
6/10
7/10
8/10
8/10
9/10
10/10
9/10
7/10
6/10
8/10
8/10
6/10
8/10
8/10
7/10
7/10
dirt/10

i added it at the bottom because there was an extra slot + memes

Honestly a few of these should be a bit lower but I'm feeling positive today

Best:
>LYSF
>SftB
>Loveless
>TVU&N
>DC

Worst
>MBDTF
>STGSTV
>MPP
>Americ anfootball
>Meme country

Of course, only a retarded GYBE fan would think STGSTV is among the worst on the chart.

I like all of then except Ys

You're not serious right?

How is STGSTV better than LYSF?

Careful not to fall for it, men

Taste itt is not looking great

where's your ratings

>people can't have different opinions

found the redditor

ITAOTS: 7/10
Court of the Crimson King: 7.5/10
Spiderland: 9/10
MBDTF: 4.5/10
Spirit They're Gone: Haven't Listened to
MPP: 8/10
The Money Store: 6.5/10
V/U+Nico: 7.5/10
OK Computer: 6/10
Kid A: 7/10
Pet Sounds: 7.5/10
Remain in Light: 5.5/10
Madvillainy: Have not listened to
Trout Mask Replica: 9.5/10
Soundtracks for the Blind: 8/10
Loveless: 8/10
American Football: 5/10
Lift yr. skinny fists...: 6/10
Pink Moon: 7.5/10
Since I Left You: Have not listened to
Ys: Have Not Listened to
Deathconsciousness: 6.5/10

Donuts, Illinoise, and Old Boots New Dirt: Have not listened to.

LYSF is just so average. It's not musically interesting in the slightest. The use of odd time signatures and the incorporation of instruments not usually used in rock music has been done many times before. Plus it spawned so much shitty crescendo-core. STGSTV was at least an attempt at innovation by combining harsh noise, freak folk, and noise pop.

alright hang on I'll do a chart, but I'm going to rank them relative to eachother, though I'm guessing no matter what my ratings are, you'll say that they're bad

>popular for a reason
because they appeal to the most common denominator
aka you

Why is the most common denominator bad?

Also, many of these are only appealing to the most common denominator if you examine the cross section of Sup Forums users, who have far, far different tastes than the general public, as is demonstrable by examining charts.

I haven't listened to much of Sup Forumscore sorry goys

>most common denominator
It's "lowest" you illiterate

Listen to Pet Sounds, Loveless, and Pink Moon RIGHT NOW

>The use of odd time signatures
Name one in LYSF.
>and the incorporation of instruments not usually used in rock music has been done many times before.
What's notable is the incorporation of spoken word, as well as the symphonic format of each part. There's a formal continuum to it all that brings it closer to classical music than most records before it because it's so thoroughly structured.
>STGSTV was at least an attempt at innovation by combining harsh noise, freak folk, and noise pop.
But it's not good at any of those things: the melodies are awful, the part writing/voice leading is amateur, the noise isn't even very sophisticated. It's an amateur album all around. An interesting first album but nothing more.

>I haven't listened to much music sorry goys
ftfy

what said as well as Deathconsciousness

This is my opinion

Be right back my dude

Bottom row second from the left?
I'm really sorry I haven't listened to all the albums you like daddy don't punish me please

feeling generous

>Bottom row second from the left?
yeh

ayy similar ratings

There are some good albums there that you haven't listened to

if this is real listen to more music pleb

>it spawned so much shitty crescendo-core
The fact that countless new bands try to emulate an almost 20 year old album and never even come close is a testament to just how good it is

You guys have shit taste

i already had my taste figured out before i came to Sup Forums
this shit is boring to me

that many n/as? have you not listened to any of them?

the xddd mean't to be at the shitty country one

objectively

Listen to TVU&N at least 2 more times

How do you know it's boring if you haven't listened?

>OKC-10
>Kid A-shit

>dismissing music before listening to it

wew

those are essential/significant/influential/important albums, not random albums i like, and if you haven't heard something like Trout Mask Replica it means you're new to music.

>Name one in LYSF.
I'm not going to listen to the whole damn album to find it, but I recall there being a section in 11 in one of the songs.

>What's notable is the incorporation of spoken word
How is that notable? Incorporating spoken word into rock music has been done since the 60s, probably before.

>as well as the symphonic format of each part. There's a formal continuum to it all that brings it closer to classical music than most records before it because it's so thoroughly structured.
Yeah, not really. The song structures are certainly different from rock music, but ironically those structures are much more similar to the structure of classical music. LYSF is pretty much just introduces a theme, repeats it louder and louder, then moves on to the next one. There's no returning themes or development or exposition. It's just a theme with a crescendo.

>But it's not good at any of those things: the melodies are awful
Subjective.

>the part writing/voice leading is amateur, the noise isn't even very sophisticated. It's an amateur album all around. An interesting first album but nothing more.
The songwriting and production is more complex than literally anything else AnCo has done. Especially past HCTI. Not saying that makes it good, but it's certainly not amateur. It's pretty impressive that they could pull that off as teenagers actually.

That's not necessarily true. It just means they enjoy the album and/or realized how easy it was to compose music like that. That doesn't make it good.

favorite genre is hiphop

youtube exists
i don't see why i'd waste my time sitting through an entire album that doesn't appeal to me

w
e
w

you deserve to be euthanized

>caring this much about spoon-fed, entry-level drivel

but you haven't even listened to it

please share some of your favorites at least, I'd like to know what you like. no bully i promise

But your chart says you've never listened to them, what does youtube have to do with it? If you're saying you listened to a song or two, then I get the picture. And my opinion is that without listening to the full album at least once, you have no place to criticize it

I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here and find a lot of new music user :^)

>spoon-fed, entry-level drivel
Christ you sound like an insufferable cunt

i dont even play video games wtf

>entry-level
Only musically illiterate and historically ignorant plebeians use this term. Please go back to the anime board or whatever shithole you crawled out of.

Another post your irrelevant opinion thread, nice.

Also,
>all those fags wasting their times making ocs
Cute, desu.

>ITAOTS: 7/10
>In the Court of the Crimson King: 9/10
>Spiderland: 8/10
>MBDTF: 5/10
>Spirit They're Gone: 7/10
>MPP: 7/10
>The Money Store: 6/10
>TVU & Nico: 10/10
>OK Computer: 6.5/10
>Kid A: 6/10
>Pet Sounds: 7/10
>Remain in Light: 8/10
>Madvillainy: 6/10
>Trout Mask Replica: 10/10
>Soundtracks for the Blind: 7/10
>Loveless: 10/10
>American Football: 6/10
>Lift yr. skinny fists: 6.5/10
>Pink Moon: 5/10
>Since I Left You: 6.5/10
>Ys: 6.5/10
>Deathconsciousness: 6/10
>Donuts: 4/10
>Illinoise: 6/10
>Old Boots New Dirt: life-changing

End yourself and don't come back here, newfag.

apparently you dont listen to good music as well

welcome to Sup Forums bud :)

>MPP better than Spirit
>Death Grips as good as SFTB
I respectfully disagree

>go into paint
>paste image
>draw numbers
Wow so hard
Meanwhile you're typing a whole essay, you're smart user.

> what does youtube have to do with it? If you're saying you listened to a song or two, then I get the picture.
yeah, i listened to a song and realized it wasn't for me
>without listening to the full album at least once, you have no place to criticize it
i agree, which is why i left them blank
>uses the term plebeian
i've never watched anime though m8

I've been on mu for a year. I just don't bother listening to much Sup Forumscore because I think a lot of it is hyped like To Be Kind (imo).

I don't want to believe there are this many crossboarders/youtubers on Sup Forums. Holy shit this is horrifying. I felt like I was quoting almost every post when I expected to quote three or four people max. Jesus Christ, Sup Forums is dead.

i want to "get" STGSTV but i just cant.
i've listened to it tons of times.

Still too much effort for zero replies most of time.
And I literally copy paste him , smart ass.

>these people dont share my taste
>Sup Forums IS DEAD
fuck off.

Not based on taste. I quoted people with a significant amount of "N/A"s.

Wheres your taste then, friend?

what's significant to you

>implying Sup Forumscore homogenization isn't the real death of Sup Forums

Ok I understand, that seems pretty reasonable

It's not based on "taste" you fucking idiot. It's based on being around long enough to hear the fucking essentials of popular music at least one time.
Most of "Sup Forumscore" is just the most critically acclaimed and influential/significant popular music.

>You rated the meme country album seriously and gave it a better score than Spiderland
holy shit you suck

this

>TMR is a 10
>ITCOTCK is a 6
>"unless you have bad taste it should be close to my ratings"

Interesting.

Don't look at it as if it's something you need to get. There's only 2 or 3 tracks with noise. Most of it is pretty simple. I can understand if you didn't like it, but if you want to give it another try, just don't overthink it

NMH 6/10
KC 8/10
SPDLND 6/10
MBDTF 6/10
AC idk/10

AC2 7/10
DG 5/10
TVU&N 8/10
OKC 7/10
KIDA 7/10

PETS 7/10
RIL 7/10
MADV 5/10
TMR 7/10
SFTB 7/10

MBV 6/10
AME idk/10
PINKM 7/10
GYBE 6/10
AVAL 6/10

YS 6/10
HNLF 5/10
JDILL 6/10
SUFJ 6/10
OBND 7/10

meant to quote this guy

The average Sup Forumsuser nowdays has 0~8 months of Sup Forums and age range of 15 to 20 yo, get used to it.

Nope: inflated ratings, the stupid amount N/A.

>OBND-7/10
I just can't tell anymore

What albums would you consider a ten. They better be fucking godlike if you are giving GYBE and Avalanches a 6.