twitter.com/AnonBabble

okay

whats ur 5?

t. embryos

t. austistic avant teen

his ratings are super messed up but he has rated a lot of albums

Still going through Bowie

rateyourmusic.com/~Prismadoll

Why do you only use 6 of the 10 ratings you have?

Because it's easier than using 10.

>implying musical quality is a bell curve.

good curves

good curve but a bit top-heavy, consider combining 0.5 and 1.0, and shifting everything down in order to give your 8+'s a bit more room to breathe. Surely those 148 at the top would benefit from being parsed into 3 groups.

surely there are albums that would fit better somewhere between ambivalent and recommended, or between favorites and best?

or why not split ambivalent and conditional into two groups?

>music is objective
This is an indefensible standpoint that has been debunked many times.

>implying i give a fuck about your opinions on my arbitrary ratings

what the fuck is this, how can you have this many ratings and not realize that you could use the extra three spots you're not touching?

>surely there are albums that would fit better somewhere between ambivalent and recommended, or between favorites and best?
Sure but I don't think it's worth it to distinguish between the two. It's not that big of a deal imo.

>or why not split ambivalent and conditional into two groups?
I don't think one's better than the other, they're just two different adjectives to describe the same general quality level.

I don't do it on purpose

if i don't like a music release, i just don't care about it. i'm not interested in distinguishing between degrees of dislike. that's a lot of effort... for what?

Yeah I 110% agree with you. but why does something being a 2.0 or 1.5 mean you dislike it?

I think you should expand so that you can more specifically demarcate your -degrees of like-, not -degrees of dislike-.

Why is your floor 2.5, and not 1.0? I mean, if you were to move all of your 2.5's to 1.0, all your 3.0's to 1.5, and all your 3.5's to 2.0, now those 2+24+361 albums at the top can get spread out more and you can more easily show what you really like.

I would, but rym doesn't give enough numberical ratings for my distribution to be accurate. It's a bit top heavy because i seek music i enjoy.

its quite a mess
I don't feel like fixing it tho

Well surely nobody cares about the difference between a 0.5 and 1.0 right? So if you combine them, then bam you've got some more numerical ratings freed up.

What I mean is why bother using a whole spot just to show how much you hate those 16 albums, when you could use that spot to better illustrate the differences between the 148 that you love?

when i joined RYM, i had already heard hundreds of albums.

of those albums, there were plenty i didn't like, sure. but when i dislike something, i tend to just ignore it afterwards and forget about it. for me to start judging specifically *how much* i disliked something, i'd probably have to relisten to a lot of those albums. there's no point in investing that much effort just to say that "i dislike this a little more than this." my scale is based on how much something stands out to me in a positive way.

i don't use a positive scale like SellMeAGod where you set the floor as low as possible, because there's a point where it's too much.

if i used more degrees than i currently have, i would have to re-rate albums constantly, because the amount of *like* i feel towards an album might change day-to-day, based on my mood, enough to change its rating. that would drive me insane.

idunno, because i thought those 148 deserved that rating and the 16 deserved the other rating? Which is why you use ratings?

ratings are all relative though... saying "hmm this is an 8.3" means nothing unless it is given context by other ratings of other albums..

>if i used more degrees than i currently have, i would have to re-rate albums constantly, because the amount of *like* i feel towards an album might change day-to-day, based on my mood, enough to change its rating. that would drive me insane.

Fair point.

best curve ITT

I don't really care, I'm just gonna give them what i feel like they deserve desu

fair enough my dude

Fucking this

I hate people with bottom heavy charts where there 2.5s are like "good albums"!

It skews the charts

no it doesnt. they dont have weight.

>being this retarded
the raitings you give are arbitrary in the first place, if you're not choosing to grade them on a bell curve you're doing it wrong. your raitings are meaningless if you don't have a bell curve as frame of reference. my 4/5 and your 4/5 might mean something very different if we dont use the same reference system.

agreed fampai

>has changed who i am

worst curve in the thread

im a massive pleb and even my curve isnt this pleb

rateyourmusic.com/~losefka

pls gib blood vials

fair enough

What's in your 0.5?

fine

edgy basement dweller who hasn't listened to most significant classical pieces, yet still pretends he knows shit about "art" music after listening to garbage EAI and "modern classical"

Yours is much better than mine

LOL nice classical music experience bro!

Pathetic

yeah what's worse is that he does this in every RYM thread

I don't pretend to care about classical music though

Where did I?

Then why the fuck would you throw stones in glass houses? How stupid are you?

>that many 5.0s