ITT: Times when RYM was oh so wrong

ITT: Times when RYM was oh so wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p6WJYe6n-l8
youtube.com/watch?v=QMa_O83U9Ow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf is "purple sound" supposed to mean?

Purple Sound emerged in Bristol in late 2008 out of the splintering Dubstep scene and took inspiration from Wonky, which it is sometimes considered a part of. It incorporates Synth Funk from the 1980s and G-Funk production from the '90s into Dubstep, while also introducing many aspects of Grime and Chiptune (several prominent Purple Sound artists cite video game music as a large influence). Usually includes synths as a main component and avoids the bass 'wobble' and 2-step common in Dubstep. The majority of tracks are instrumental, and currently MCs are uncommon.

One of the most boring pieces of dogshit I've ever listened to, and I like music that's traditionally 'boring'.

>artist uses violin
>"Modern Classical"
I'm so sick of this

>dubstep
Ewwwwww

Right?

The string sections on this are so criminally dull and lifeless. I genuinely think they're just there to lend it some highbrow relevance so as to not get chucked in the garbage with the rest of this shitty "art pop". Fuck everything about this album.

It's in secondary though

It shouldn't be there at all.

IDK, I'm listening now and it's definitely a good album. I can definitely see that RYM just treats this as the patrician alternative to Age of Adz in 2010. But I don't see how the string parts are "dull" and "lifeless."

every metal album

t. cuck who can't into harsh vocals

>Hardcore Breaks
>Jungle
>Purple Sound

>hating on Owen fucking Pallett
this is absurdly levels of plebbiy

nu-male pls

See

I just like pop music with violins and other orchestral instruments. Don't think Owen Pallett is one of my favorites though.

buzzwords yay

real men listen to metal \m/

Just off yourself.

Are these genres?

WALK ON HOME BOY

>Bikini Kill have a bolded release

>U2 have 4 bolded albums

Lone is fluff for people who can't into breaks, and RYM is largely shit because of laughably unreliable charts (overall ratings are informed either by users that rate to propagate agendas, or by abject plebs)

basically who cares

Do you actually think "manly" men have nothing better to do than listening to metal?

Oh, me too.

It can definitely be done well, but the emotional character from which the songwriting / composition takes place with how it's applied in this instance is just totally shallow and static from the front to back of what I underhand is supposed to be some kind of concept album.

Low-test detected ^^

Should be way more

cuck spotted

summer

holy shit this is actually pretty good. easily a 9/10

Following artists have at least 1 bolded release

>Muse
>RHCP
>most britpop and grunge bands, including Nirvana
>post-80s Metallica
>Gorillaz
>many hip-hop 'artists'
>Weezer

>dubstep
>good
Pick one FAGGGOT

how many more inauthentic rip-offs can lone make?

every single elliott smith album (even his outtakes comp) is bolded on RYM, which i find a little ridiculous

come back in 5 years junior.

Name me 2 good dubstep songs
I dare you

bangarang- skrillex
flim- aphex twin

AnCo - Danse Manatee.
Tyler, The Creator - Bastard.

Both should be way higher than they are.

Good bait lad

Oh, and Centipede Hz should be higher too.

please kill yourself

lol

kill yourself my man

Midnight Request Line, by Skream
youtube.com/watch?v=p6WJYe6n-l8

Caspa - Cockney Flute (Rusko Remix)
youtube.com/watch?v=QMa_O83U9Ow