>[YouTube] Not Found (embed)

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old thread: (Cross-thread) →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l7lMzVC35_o
youtube.com/watch?v=DbvA_RGQaiQ
mega.nz/#!5pYlyZqB!1Nd9tomLC1QVKaoDLbwqqESBBWPjEWVg-M6iZPZ5rCM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6yF7Kh4DY
youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=aBBfVBqQif8
vintagevibeguitars.com/windows/sc_90Win.html
clyp.it/tqfk3ll1
clyp.it/ynhhfnmp
youtu.be/yoS1tiBpzx8
reverb.com/item/2306226-fender-mim-stratocaster-2000-s-antique-white-maple-neck-board-light-relic-super-player
clyp.it/lm3lv2jf
youtube.com/watch?v=m0vKc3jIjDo
youtu.be/sz8b5tCHe14
clyp.it/tb125lrj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/gg/ needs weekly activities on Friday night, thread is always dead. I need you guys to keep me company while I stumble through my amateur lutherie.

Hey /gg/, noticed something odd going on with my 4003 this morning. The tuner bushings on the E and A string seem to be lifting up just a bit. Took a picture of it but it's fairly hard to see. I'm guessing humidity change caused it even though I try to prevent that. The bass plays just fine. Do any rick users have a similar problem? How do I put them back into place?

Can you post a pic of the other side? Generally these don't need to be very tight though. No need for concern. I'd still try to correct it so they don't get any looser though.

By the other side, I mean the back of the tuners. Sorry.

thready reminder to canadafriends

long & mcquade is offering a free setup with the purchase of any set of strings on June 11th. One per customer.

We need to start a neet band.
youtube.com/watch?v=l7lMzVC35_o
youtube.com/watch?v=DbvA_RGQaiQ

Stop fucking advertising. I don't care if it's because you love long & McQuaid or because you're actually marketing, read the rules.

>band has 5 guitarists and 3 bassists
すごい

There you go, sorry for the shit pic, all i got is my phone. Didn't see any lift or loose parts on this side. I should add that the strings gauge I use is pretty close to the 4003 standard set. I don't know how to correct that though.

As promised.

My anime sheet music folder: mega.nz/#!5pYlyZqB!1Nd9tomLC1QVKaoDLbwqqESBBWPjEWVg-M6iZPZ5rCM

Please don't go sharing this on reddit or whatever, this is only for /gg/

Enjoy and practice well

>amateur lutherie.
What are you building/modding user ?
Also we used to have tab challenges but no one really bothered with them.

Speaking of neet/weeb stuff, I'm still waiting for 's 2hu tabs

We could have double those numbers, easily.
Granted 7/10 guitarists here can't actually play, but still.

well I should have updated it, thanks user.

It's here I organized it a little bit, there's a Touhou folder in the zip.

>Also we used to have tab challenges but no one really bothered with them.
I'd play em but I never recorded because I'm garbage ;-;
I'd record em now since I'm less garbage now....

fuck off

not everyone can setup their guitars, this is for everyone's convenience

if you really think I get anything out of mentioning a music store on this thread in an anonymous image board, you're retarded

thready reminder to canadafriends

long & mcquade is offering a free setup with the purchase of any set of strings on June 11th. One per customer.

>thready reminder to canadafriends
>long & mcquade is offering a free setup with the purchase of any set of strings on June 11th. One per customer.

string reminder
gg is not good guitar
advices bad
thank you have a day

Best color for a fretless strat (rosewood fretboard)?

I'm building one and thinking Burgundy Mist Metallic.

An user threw around the idea of an ohm studio /gg/ collab a while ago. That could be an idea.
Each iteration is better than the last one.

I'm still working on the tele, there's loads of pics in the archive. Maybe I should have put something in the name field for those to be easily searchable. Anyways right now it's all only over the last 2 days or so. Been holding off on part of the routing until I can borrow a drill from my roommate.

I got a lot of input from /gg/ and decided eventually it will have a dano pup, but for now just the bucker is going in. I'll explain stuff as I go.

I think the real problem is picking music for a collab. People are all over the place in this general when it comes to genres.

yeah, that's pretty much the best colour

Yeah, and skill level would be issue too.

Any dark color will work, bright looks odd with rosewood.
By the way, are you going for a defret or did you buy a custom made neck ?

Not only that but coordinating with people can be hard when they don't exactly know what they're doing. Already tried with 3/4 people, I couldn't imagine doing it with more

It might be a good idea to do it like this: Decide on a key and chords, and whoever wants to contribute adds one chorus or verse to it. Yeah, it'd be one extended guitar solo but it'd be fun. Just require use of a metronome.

i like to watch people play on vid

that kinda collab would be neat, except we all play guitar

We could make an album

youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6yF7Kh4DY

gee senpai, how come your band lets you have FOUR delays !

>Ohm project has 25 guitarists

That's already been done before
youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik

hey /gg/, what is the best value fender telecaster for under 1000 dollarydoos?

Already defretted and filled an old neck. Now I just have to find the right epoxy for the top coat.

Pro tip: It's under 200 dollars.

American Deluxe probably though I would save up $100 more and get a 52 Reissue which is pretty much the standard by which all other teles are judged by.

Yuh

save up for one of the AVRI reissues, the 52, 58, and 64 are really nice and you can get them for $900-1200

doubt they scooted out from humidity
they were probably like that and you just didn't notice

summer humidity is gay tho

fucks the setups on all my shit like crazy

desu im sort of interested in the classic series 60s tele or the baja 60s tele. both seem like they get good marks for quality and value

Just got my boring-ass MIM Strat ~30 minutes ago after UPS chucked it on my porch and dashed. Dude fucked up the box and I'm surprised the guitar isn't damaged.

Are there any regular single coil-sized P-90s that I could put in the bridge? I know Phat Cats exist but I don't like the HSS aesthetic.

>summer hits
>all of everything buzzes now

man can't the sun just fuck off

I know it's not the best guitar for P90s but I like Fender necks and this was definitely the best thing out there for $240.

Post favorite color guitars

u could also just make a really nice parts caster for under 1000 really easily

get a Fender neck off reverb or Ebay, a nice USA one should cost around 400.

Body can be some cheapo thing, even Warmoth bodies are pretty inexpensive-$150

That leaves 450 for hardware

50 tuning machines
100 for bridge plate/electronics/misc

300 for some really nice pickups, or even just get some AVRI pickups, a set is 85 bucks and sound awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=aBBfVBqQif8

contact Pete Biltoft at Vintage Vibe pickups, he'll build anything you want for around $80-$100 (single coil)

vintagevibeguitars.com/windows/sc_90Win.html

Those are good too but the AVRIs are on a whole different level of quality. The good thing is though you can find the classic series for around $500 a good choice for that price.

Is it possible for your pickups to get fucked up by dust?

Single coil-sized p90s don't sound a whole lot like p90s, sorry to say. The shape of the p90s is pretty relevant to their sound. If you want something with more complex character in the bridge, but don't need the p90 thickness, you can get a single coil with non-magnetic pole pieces and a bar magnet on the bottom. It'll sound something like the frequency response of a single coil, the harmonic content of a p90... more of less. You're seeing a smaller portion of string inside the magnetic field so you'll have more clarity than a p90... Not exactly desirable for harmonic content. Also, something overwound should help. Keep in mind this is all theory on my part. I do have a single coil like I described in a telecaster, though the ferrous bridge plate really disrupts the magnetic field. I find it sounds a lot more like a telecaster than a p90.

If you want thickness a single coil sized humbucker is a better bet. That has the same issue with low harmonic content though. Not that it's a bad thing, in fact, it's awesome. But it's not the quirk of a p90.

not really

>vintagevibeguitars.com/windows/sc_90Win.html

thanks. somehow i never ran across this on google. i'm just really not a huge fan of the bridge strat sound and want something that'll do thick fuzz well.

if i did do something like a phat cat would it also not sound like a real p90?

I don't think so. Humidity, on the other hand, definitely will.

no. The only thing that can kill your pickup is a bad solder joint or damage to the coil wire though corrosion or physical trauma. Metal dust can make a pickup micro phonic but it takes a lot. Won't happen unless you get a bunch of fret shavings in the coil.

Amateur Friday? All the pros are out gigging and we amateurs play stuff and rate each other? There's very little playing going on in general, we could encourage beginners to record themselves and try to improve.

Humbucker sized p90s do sound like p90s. I wouldn't want a cover though. GFS makes a variety of these. But if you're gonna do routing, you might as well just put a p90 in. It'll look cooler.

Well something is definitely fucked up and it might my amp. This is the clean channel and the second part is playing an E chord (believe it or not).
clyp.it/tqfk3ll1

congratulations on becoming a harsh noise player

>noisecore.mp3

Roll with it and become the backing guitarist doing all the texture work and never look back.

>clyp.it/tqfk3ll1
>move to japan
>join a noise punk collective
>never spend money on new gear again

People would pay several hundred bucks for a fuzz like that.

take guts pics so i can charge $399 a pop for clones of your failure on kickstarter

Sounds like a plan.
clyp.it/ynhhfnmp

Thoughts?

analogcuck here but what does Sup Forums generally think of multi-effects?

Tend to have 1 or 2 usable effects

Pretty good. Compare it to the g5n to see which you like better first. I have a g3x and while the features are great, the amp sims are a bit weak. The g5n has overhauled amps and effects. It offers less effects but higher quality. Anyway It's near your price so I'd check it out. I will say Boss does a better job with pedals, downright amazing realism, but it's so shit with amps you really should only get it if you're planning on recording it with a real amp and mic.

waste of money

you always wind up liking like 1 or 2 things with multis and then start lusting after individual pedals that suit your needs better

Love it, now just hit some stuff in the background and call it lofi percussion and you got a chart banger.

old ones are bad, new ones are sex

I have one. I use it as an amp, interface, and pedals
Works pretty well as all that for the price
It can take a lot of tweaking to make it sound good, but it can certainly sound good

Fractal stuff is top dank, best around but it's the most expensive.
Line 6 Helix is good but not as good as Fractal anything. The only thing that the Helix has over the Fractals is visual aesthetics and user interface , but in processing power any current Fractal destroys the Helix.

Where did you get a MIM Fender Strat for $240?

Found this. Who wins the blind test? Post final results, not audio number, so others can decide for themselves.

youtu.be/yoS1tiBpzx8

The tube one

reverb.com/item/2306226-fender-mim-stratocaster-2000-s-antique-white-maple-neck-board-light-relic-super-player

dude even set it up fully before shipping it. i also recently got a usa blues jr for 300 off craigslist.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to bring those poor bastards a mess they'll never forget.

Where's your 2hu tabs family?

I didn't want to spend $20 on a radius sanding block so I took a piece of bar stuck and rolled it little by little till the raidus matched my fretboard radius exactly.

DIY or DIE

sweet deal
how's the strat play?

Kek
Is that the blender prototype

i was wondering why they all sounded like shit because i thought one of them was a fender twin with fulltone echoplex, then i saw they're all modelers

By the way, these are in a random order each setting, so write down your answers.

Badass, wish I had power tools.

read the thread

modelers sound ok at low volumes but when you play with a band they turn to utter shit unless you do a bunch of wizardry with the amplification , everytime a pro dude is using some modelers, his power amp is some $4000 dollar thing with some other shit going on

Dude where did you get the mechanism for that?
I need somthing similar

my only other strat experiences have been with friends' garbage squier bullets and guitar center. it definitely plays better than all of those. it does smell like cigarettes but it's a lot better than the sg classic i had for years that never stopped smelling like formaldehyde.

clyp.it/lm3lv2jf

youtube.com/watch?v=m0vKc3jIjDo

dat bender

Fender clean - Zoom
Fender crunch - POD/Zoom
Plexi crunch - POD
Plexi solo - POD
Rectifier - POD

Damn dude wasn't expecting that. A lot of these were really hard to choose between what turned out to be zoom and pod. Boss and Vox just had horrible dynamics.

This is some avantgarde ass shit

Sweet! I can already see the molly fuelled raves blasting this out!

Shit's so expensive to get done clarence's way.
I just want to get weird and add a fucking bigsby on top fuck.

Found this one between the newer zoom g5n and the pod hd500x... I don't know if I dig this demo though, the EQ and volume is just so different. The result seems obvious but it makes it hard to believe that's the best the weaker modeler can do.

youtu.be/sz8b5tCHe14

clyp.it/tb125lrj