/ambient/ Ambient general

For the discussion of ambient, drone, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/pcmus/heads-will-roll-i-will-devour-you
youtube.com/watch?v=tjtAYqiKMoo
youtube.com/watch?v=C2j88FiUrGs
youtube.com/watch?v=tnL7NGRZT1M&index=6&list=PLVm4rdLbZpw51HORz6lEewY5LDPvCZOa3
youtube.com/watch?v=Ua8BFuECB7M
youtube.com/watch?v=hPQ63cGYkLw
youtube.com/watch?v=QI4qwas1KrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6WBIva37rlA&ab_channel=Raum-Topic
youtube.com/watch?v=qdRn1v6Glhg
youtube.com/watch?v=W9O32i9WeUM
youtube.com/watch?v=DQeNyRBTffk
youtube.com/watch?v=OyQslfHtFCM
youtube.com/watch?v=mHhsxQzdFeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9jk6qk6TI
celer.bandcamp.com/album/compositions-for-cassette
youtube.com/watch?v=a2Rl8MO5Er8
forestmanagement.bandcamp.com/album/encounter
youtube.com/watch?v=dskvPFt7wf8
soundcloud.com/studentsofdecay/pulling-up-grass-under-blanket?in=studentsofdecay/sets/marble-sky-marble-sky#t=0:00
youtu.be/agLnd5vZjxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ambient/drone thread
>op is literally the most babby drone possible
of course

Pls recommend me some ambient albums Sup Forums , my favorite ambient albums so far are: Pop. SAWII, The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid

soundcloud.com/pcmus/heads-will-roll-i-will-devour-you

check this

Moby released 4 hours of ambient material recently in this Long Ambients 1 album and I gotta say it's probably my aoty so far.
I've listened to all four hours throughout the week and while two or three tracks are kind of bland, overall there is a tonne of attention to detail on these tracks. It's not like that cop out of just looping one piece of music continuously without any guidance or progression whatsoever, every track actually kind of moves and progresses in an engaging way.

Also a lot of the tracks sound like SAW II and some sound like early Hecker (track nine for example sounds like the second disc of SAW II and the first track reminds me of Haunt Me), which might turn you off depending on whether you consider SAW ridiculously dated or not.

tbqh famalam even the bland tracks are kind of interesting, according to his website he just made these tracks to do yoga to, the fucking mad man

So yeah I just wanted to give a shout out to it.

Markus Guentner - In Moll
Rhys Chatham - A Crimson Grail
Burger/Ink - Las Vegas
Wolfgang Voight - Rückverzauberung Live in London
Kompakt Pop Ambient 2001, 2002
Basic Channel shit
Anything affiliated w/ Dream House/Dream Syndicate/La Monte Young/Tony Conrad

saw stars of the lid back in september
it was incredible, they're awesome

check out Kyle Bobby Dunn, Steve Roach, Stephan Mathieu, Cousin Silas, and Brian McBride's solo stuff (from SOTL)

youtube.com/watch?v=tjtAYqiKMoo
youtube.com/watch?v=C2j88FiUrGs
youtube.com/watch?v=tnL7NGRZT1M&index=6&list=PLVm4rdLbZpw51HORz6lEewY5LDPvCZOa3
youtube.com/watch?v=Ua8BFuECB7M
youtube.com/watch?v=hPQ63cGYkLw

Carbon Based Lifeforms - VLA is godtier drone

YOU'RE GUNNA NEED MORE

I should mention that most of this tends towards more droney ambient if you're into that

This really is great, thanks for the recommendation

It's pretty cool to see people talk about Cousin Silas. He's a somewhat grumpy older man that's a part of one of my musician collectives on Facebook. He puts out great stuff on Petroglyph and We are all Ghosts

Bing & Ruth

youtube.com/watch?v=QI4qwas1KrQ

Pic related is always a fav. I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere plus the rest of the em:t label.

What do you guys think of Raum - Event of Your Leaving? If you've never heard of it it's a collaboration between Liz Harris and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma. Just listened to it for the first time recently and though it was pretty decent. Definitely worth another listen tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=6WBIva37rlA&ab_channel=Raum-Topic

too broad my man

God I fucking love Kyle, The Nightjar is probably one of my favourite pieces of music of all time.

I'll go ahead and post some artists as well

Hakobune (long drawn out dreamy drones)
youtube.com/watch?v=qdRn1v6Glhg

Benoit Pioulard (goes between sort of lo-fi ambient pieces and bedroom pop)
youtube.com/watch?v=W9O32i9WeUM
youtube.com/watch?v=DQeNyRBTffk

Willamette (idk its melodic if thats what you're looking for, tbqh ambient is fucking pain in the neck to describe to people)
youtube.com/watch?v=OyQslfHtFCM

Slow Dancing Society (think Cocteau Twins' Victorialand, except consistent)
youtube.com/watch?v=mHhsxQzdFeQ

Cocteau Twins + Harold Budd - The Moon and the Melodies (think Cocteau Twins' Victorialand, except helped along by someone who actually knew what they were doing)
youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9jk6qk6TI

I've got a spotify playlist I use for relaxing after work and sleeping at night if anyone wants it, it's a fucking mess but I'll add some more stuff and maybe it'll improve a bit.

celer.bandcamp.com/album/compositions-for-cassette

youtube.com/watch?v=a2Rl8MO5Er8

forestmanagement.bandcamp.com/album/encounter

youtube.com/watch?v=dskvPFt7wf8

soundcloud.com/studentsofdecay/pulling-up-grass-under-blanket?in=studentsofdecay/sets/marble-sky-marble-sky#t=0:00

OrioR - Strange Beauty youtu.be/agLnd5vZjxw

People just have to listen to this album.

So dreamy, so nostalgic introspective melodies.
And the texture is amazing.

Thank you! I'll listen to these releases.

>A four hour Moby album
>Album of the year

Are we thinking of the same Moby here pal?

It's completely different from anything else he's released, it's an actual honest to god ambient album.
And yes the year has been so shit that the most exciting and engaging release so far is a fucking 4 hour Moby album.

sounds interesting tbhdesu

Eh, it feels like like a collab and pretty much like you just mashed together those two artists -- its not bad, but Harris' portion is way stronger imo.

Can anyone recommend me drone/ambient that is a bit harsher/rhythmic/not trying to be "ambient"? Besides Hecker and Yellow Swans, who are my favies.

Music for airports
Music for films