Who's the real casual noon fag

I have 3 TB worth of 96kb/s mp3s

please stop

2 TB of youtube temps

8 TB of soundcloud rips for me

>Mp3
>calling others casual

Flac up bitch.

Am I the only one here who exclusively streams music online?

I hope so

you're far from the only pleb here

Pretty much this.
>2016
>Listening to lossy audio formats

I'll re-download my library once every few months to fight file degradation

Please i dont even listen to enough artists to have a library that big

>homestuck cosplay
Kys, brother

Any prolific artist can take as much room as 2 to 6 gb.
That's really not many artists, especially when you consider bootlegs and other non-official releases.

I just downloaded a 19 MB of since I left you...can anyone tell me if that's not CD quality? I don't know when it comes to size

I listen to maybe 15 artists and probably not even that many my mp3 library is around 8 gigs

Then start digging fucking music you flithy casual.

>250gb (mp3)

Alright then suggest an album and ill give it a shot while im cleaning tonight

What you doing on a music board then senpai?
Also post taste pls, no hate.

What genres you are into?

My taste will get me told i have bad taste here for sure but none the less

Your collection is not your taste.

23TB of lo fi recordings of my own acoustic covers of 16kbps mp3s

That doesn't say much.

Nothing super specific i just know i dont like noise

from where?
do you know how your sources deal with rotational velocidensity degradation and what standards they work by?

>everything but noise and noise :)
not that user but check out Clark - Body Riddle
it's breddy gud

>people like this post on Sup Forums

Please Hiro I beg you to nuke this board

You a t like there is anyrhing else to listen to that wont make me look like a pretentious asshole or a hipster or worse like someone who passively accepts the shit on the radio

I've got 8TB of FLAC albums. Get on my level you fucking plebeians.

on the off chance you're not baiting, that would be the worst quality copy of an album conceivable

not the user you're responding to but why care about what the music you listen to males you 'look' like
just listen to stuff you like duderino

This is what i am doing and he is giving me shit for it

ah, fair enough then
just remember it's either all shitposting or idiocy here

then get this file.karelia.ru/q9g66q/

As an insider over at what.cd i've heard from the admins they do regular quality checks to be sure rotational velocidensity is up to par on the most active albums. Smart seeders will use machines running at low temperature to ensure their velocidensity remains intact as long as possible

>vinyl
>streaming service
Literally the only two acceptable ways to listen to music in 2016

>streaming service in america

Data caps cause our governmwnt won't outlaw them

>sennheiser hd 650s with tube amp
>still can't hear the difference between a 320kbps file and FLAC

sounds decent enough, but do they have regular inspections?
>vinyl
kek, they rotate so slow and in free air so they pick up dust, completely fucking up their rotational velocidensity rating mate
>streaming service
considering the fact that normies don't give two shits about quality I'm sure they don't bother with regular velocidensity inspections, so fuck that

>x is my favorite band
>he has never been to their live show

>he hoards music

>he thinks he can hear the difference between 320 and FLAC

>Goes to live shows
>doesn't have crippling social anxiety

Nice meme friendo

Pal, you've got shitty ears I can tell you.

no, everybody has ears too shitty to really tell a difference
only people who are young as fuck have any chance of hearing the frequencies flac drops

I guarantee you on average you couldn't tell the difference. Maybe on certain records the difference will be noticable, but if you took a blind test you would fail.

go back to 2004

i deleted all my music because i needed hard drive space

i stored it all on a free cloud hosting site in case i ever wanted it again :^)

>250gb of music
>filled with full discographies
>thinks sheer amount of songs account for anything

And you call yourself a man who loves music.

>download discography of studio-centric band
>over half of it is live shit

>goes to see a band live
>only listened to 1-2 albums

these are significantly worse people

I didn't mean to imply my pic meant taste.

I'm curious what qualities you look for in music.

Secret is to know the differences to listen for, like how crisp the snare is.
Great for archival purposes and for those who really enjoy listening for those very subtle nuances, but 320 is best for casual listening.

I believe that if you really liked music, you wouldn't feel the need judge others taste etc based on their format or total GB/TB of music.

That kind of stuff doesn't make music as great as it is.

>tube amp
There's your problem

Most people on this board are "casuals," not necessarily by choice but by the fact they're teenagers/broke college students who simply don't have the living space to graduate to a non-casual music listening lifestyle.

For that you need:

- A dedicated 5.1 speaker rig (the 5.1 is for multichannel music), properly set up in a good room. No, your shitty ATH-50s or Shitheisers will never compete with the overall experience you get with (good) speakers.

- A physical collection of at least 1000, and all those copies each being the best master of that particular album. Meaning having the MFSL, SACD, DVD-A, Reel-to-Reel, and LP versions. That ain't cheap, and those versions can't be easily found on your favorite torrent and streaming sites.

- Beyond the necessarily 1000 albums you need to have, you also need to have at least 500 singles, B-sides, and 78rpm shellac records. There's a whole world in those formats that RYM avant-teens never heard of.

- Music is never listened to as "background noise," unless you're already intimately familiar with the material. When listening to something for the first few times, the music should be the only thing you're focused on.

I'm not trying to be elitist here, these are simply the rules.

But does this really mean anything? These "rules" are simply figments of fake things required to make you feel good about your self as a music fan. Sheesh.

If you really liked music for what it is, you wouldn't go as far as to say that these "requirements" are what defines you as a music fan.

>some people actually believe this
You're using this meme incorrectly so I'm going to have to confiscate it

not, I'm expanding upon it
get with the times grandpa

Casuals can be fans too.

But true music "nerdiness" requires a lot more than just going to a torrent and filling up your hard drive with "obscurities."

And I don't even claim that power level. I don't have a Reel-to-Reel and only a few SACDs and DVD-As.

The "nerdiness" is a useless title, but if that makes you happy; if that's what makes music for you, then good for you.

It's just odd that some people feel the need to put others down, and claim they are above them, just because of their capabilities and methods of listening to and collecting music.

That is all.

>some people actually believe this

I don't claim that devotion for myself, I'm just highlighting what a "real" hardcore music fan's lifestyle usually looks like in comparison to what, say, an RYM kiddie might think it is (having 2TB of standard indie core and "avant-garde obscurities" that are listened to on a pair of 99.00 headphones).

only good answer

Do you actually have autism

>newfags will take this seriously

>250gb without deluxe versions of albums
Is it even worth living

>It's just odd that some people feel the need to put others down

Again, not putting people down. Just illustrating what I've experienced first hand in knowing some of these types.

They store the servers on solid state ssd's so what.cd never degrades. Stop spreafing rumours

Yeah, understood. Thanks for clearing things up/explaining.

Smash that X all you want, your mom is gonna be tapping that A for "insert that penis further into me" (and I am attached to that penis because its my penis and the "me" is your mom) all night long tonight

Why did my post get deleted?

who r u

>Being poor so bad.

I hope my coffin isnt made in china.

Low quality, always aim for vip quality