Haven't seen anyone discuss the new Beck single "Wow"

haven't seen anyone discuss the new Beck single "Wow".

thoughts?
Personally I don't really like it, not my cup of tea. I know Beck is a very diverse musician and i respect that, but I didn't like this song.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZlbahhoEIo

Yeah

the refrain was pretty nice now but he's clearly just trying to get into the top 40 charts

And he will succeed

When you can do it as easily as this, why not?

I thought it was pretty good

why ruin your artistic image?

Ask Adam Levine, he killed his pretty well.

Good track. Beck crafted his path always experimenting with pop music/hip hop.

I think it's really bad and in fact it's so bad that re-visiting Mellow Gold it makes all of his previous attempts at rapping seem even more embarassing.

Beck is a damn folk-rock slash novelty musician, he shouldn't be making music like this, really he should stop making music altogether

hip hop i can see, but pop not so much

Morning Phase is like an affair with country pop/folk pop

Why are pan flutes so fucking popular right now

sounds like a die antwoord track tbqh

Fair, definitely pop/alt-rock or pop R&B. The man was always capable of writing huge hooks.

This isn't top 40 music at all though.

Yup. People who listen to indie music tend to overestimate what radio will play and what will catch on in the mainstream. I remember people saying Grimes was "selling out" with Flesh Without Blood, as if that song had a chance of being played between Zayn and Drake tracks.

Jfc this is awful.

I can't fucking stand how many people are riding off of trap, especially since I hate trap.

I really disappointed in Beck. Scientology has killed his genius.

>His early music is actually worse than his new music
This is fucking weird

It's alright. It's not that memorable, but it has some nice ideas and aspects to it. I personally thought the trap-inspirations were added fairly tastefully, but the psychedelia feels a bit misplaced.

His new music isn't as significant, in my opinion. It doesn't feel like he's trying to make music anymore, but instead appeal to those who listen to albums/music for hits.

I'm vibing with this haha I love how lowkey psychedelic it is

You don't listen so much to the latter, do you?

I'm actually digging this. Is it true he produced this with OG Maco?

OG Maco is a disgrace.

it's certainly decent. nice to hear him rap again.

Pretty good.

I like the OOOOOoooooh

OOOOOOOOoooooh

If you know what I'm trying to say this wink

Which track?

>odelay rated higher than mutations, midnite vultures, and the information
is it safe to say rym users are just p4k drones?

the fucking hi hats are so fucking trippy

>but the psychedelia feels a bit misplaced.

How so?

The information is intolerable.

his lyrics are fucking horrible but I think the beat is pretty great.

wtf happened to beck? does he met sizzurp?

One Foot In The Grave
Mutations
Sea Change
Stereopathetic Soulmanure
Golden Feelings
Modern Guilt
Western Harvest Field
Mellow Gold
Midnite Vultures
Morning Phase
Guero
The Information

Yeah.

Eh. It's not the best Beck track but it sounds more like him poking fun at trap and chillwave and having a go at it. I think it's supposed to be throwaway and fun and cheesy. This just sounds like Beck just fucking around and having fun. Album will be better.

My expectations are low

I don't get how people don't rate The Information as one of his best. Is this just a Sup Forums thing?

In my honest opinion it's simply just not as good as some people make it out to be. I didn't even know that, that was a common thing around here.

It just goes to show, it's mutual, because it's generally true.

Meh, I'm really unimpressed. Dreams was better but maybe this one will grow on me. I hope the rest of the album is better.