Anyone else tackling this ?

Anyone else tackling this ?

I'm going in chronological order, currently up to 1974. Much better than the Rolling Stone 500

i have the book and i checked off all the ones i did hear but it's been a while since i updated it

I have the original one somewhere that ends with Get Behind Me Satan. There's been several updated versions since then.

I might end up doing it for my RYM

only one worth listening to

Finishing up the RS 500 rn, but I'm checking off albums in this book. Must be about 3/4ths done by now. It's a really great book, it's a must for people who actively care about music

You're a retard.

"I listened to 1,001 albums because some book told me too"

Think about that for a moment.

That's literally you.

Absolute personalityless drone Loveless Spiderland Nevermind Tago Mago the list goes on

Please kys

>it's a must for people who actively care about music
No it's not.

Not everybody here is a tasteless cunt just wrapping up his first year in uni like you.

4/10 bait

>my opinion will matter more if i use edgewords !

too much dadrock

>not just going on rym, listening to a few essentials, then exploring from there
I can't even tell if you guys are kids or 35 year olds.

shut up, montie

implying they're mutually exclusive

Currently have the version that ends with The Next Day. Ive been slowly working thru it on and off for about a year now. My beef w the book itself is that it has albums that are simply inessential such as Darklands or Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Also the albums post-2000 are really questionable

I think learning what's canonized is a good place to start any form of education. As long as you use it as a jumping off point I think it says good things about your personality that you're curious and open minded enough to tackle it.

I fear it may neglect 60's girl groups and 90's Trance though. Don't forget Jam and Spoon sojourner.

the ways of listening to music or kids & 35 year olds?

Fuck off Montie

At least you tried.

>implying anyone here could appreciate jam and spoon

I'm not doing this however, on digitaldreamdoor they have lists of the best 120 songs from every year starting at 1940 to present.

A buddy and I are doing it together and right now we're in 1948 after almost 2 months.
It'll take a while to finish but we have our own lives to attend to and shit in the meantime.

It's pretty interesting watching big band die out though and rock beginning to evolve.

Also, I wish I'd known who Glenn Miller and Louis Jordan were before starting it as both of them are incredible.