rateyourmusic.com/~Montie_Ray
rateyourmusic.com/~hladik
vocaroo.com/i/s0XEblCgYpgT
rateyourmusic.com/~vtimdon
rateyourmusic.com/~ElectricLizard
rateyourmusic.com/~randomforest
rateyourmusic.com/search?searchtype=l&searchterm=a young person's guide
rateyourmusic.com/~fourthofjulie
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/sviatoslav_richter/schubert__sonatas__nos__19_and_21/
rateyourmusic.com/~nadirauxpommes
rateyourmusic.com/~corvolyce
rateyourmusic.com/list/sharifi/name_change_faq/
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
strawpoll.me/10391698
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rateyourmusic.com/~Montie_Ray

I have over 100 friends now.
Also poseurs need to fuck off

Also, lol @ that pic.
That guy tried to come at me and I just memed him hard back.

rateyourmusic.com/~hladik

B T F O
T
F
O

Rip

>Working on some big projects stay tuned
what did you mean by this?

vocaroo.com/i/s0XEblCgYpgT

don't mind me while i ignore this dramashit and post my account

rateyourmusic.com/~vtimdon

You'll see...... Summer 2k16 gonna be massive

I'm excited to see what you do. I am releasing an album this summer

wdhmbt?

>nothing you can do about it, BITCH

what's the optimal curve?

pic related is the best i've seen, that 2.5 dip is sexy af

i also like theboldcolor's curve, and AW's is legendary

Shut the FUCK up!!!

I have a dip at 2.5 as well and my main curve lines up at about a 3 star average.
Any other way I feel is wrong.

Also I have a super autistic rating scale.

I fucking hate that dickwad

>AW's is legendary
yeah but i always cringe when i see other people with the same curve

He's saying that all of you don't actually care about the artists, you just use their music to show your "taste".... No true appreciation

Hey, don't be rude. I am trying to make good conversation.
Maybe we can trade notes and shit.

>I fucking hate that dickwad
Why?

thanks for the cliffnotes, teach

Dude no one cares about your corny ass. You're like crazyaga but not even funny

gene is a lame name honestly

Not my real name it's a nickname

this post is from another thread but going to answer it here

I don't hate anybody on RYM because it's just a website I browse, but the reason why I DISLIKE marsbars is because he's a passive aggressive little twerp who's so unbearably annoying that even though I do not actually use the forums at all, just reading his posts pisses me off, just an intensely unpleasant person, sucks the joy out of everything, has a superiority complex and acts like he's an arbiter of music even though he listens to the same stuff everybody else does

just really annoying to me. hope I helped.

Of all these flavors and you had to be salty.
Expect me to meme you.

I think Anti tries way too fucking hard. I appreciate that he serves as sort of the driving man behind the pro-avant music group but I think that the very people who are against "droning" taste in favor of avant music flock to him and drone him instead under the pretense of being deep into music.
I think he opened up a can of worms if you ask me in terms of elitism on RYM and here.

This entire post reeks of a 16 year old

>im gonna meme you !! Lol!!! Original joke!
>people who like non-western music are such tryhards. UGH.

>>I think Anti tries way too fucking hard. I appreciate that he serves as sort of the driving man behind the pro-avant music group but I think that the very people who are against "droning" taste in favor of avant music flock to him and drone him instead under the pretense of being deep into music.
>I think he opened up a can of worms if you ask me in terms of elitism on RYM and here.
Sure, I agree, but that's not his fault at all. He's always just done his own thing, he never made a conscious effort to popularize his favorite music. In fact he even deleted two of his 5.0 ratings (Antonie Beuger and Quartet) after they got memed to death on RYM.

it's really bizarre, I've known that the people in these RYM threads are like fucking obsessed with him since i've been here and I have no clue why. I mean I guess he has an individual taste that he created himself? but who fucking cares, I just listen to the smashing pumpkins and miles davis or whatever and don't really give too much of a shit about taiwanese classical music so what do I know.

what is the goal here? is it to listen to more music?

how old are you again gene?

My physics professor, who has an affinity for classical, once asked me what types of music I was 'big into'; I answered him with a shyish: 'well, jazz and classical do it for me, add to them a cup of avant-garde liquor and am happy!'. We both laughed, and then he said 'pour some avant-liquor in my classic cup, what's this thing all about?'

I recommended him Radulescu's Clepsydra; Astray (Daniel Kientzy; European Lucero Ensemble/Radulescu).
[.........]
we never talked about music once again ;(

wdhmbt?

>I think Anti tries way too fucking hard
lol

No, I have my ways of making sure people don't talk out of their ass when it comes to talking shit to me.
I love non-western music and I admittedly do not listen to much of it, but I am trying to get into it more. Please, what would you rec?

I guess I have misdirected hate then. I really just dislike elitism

>I love non-western music and I admittedly do not listen to much of it, but I am trying to get into it more. Please, what would you rec?
Oidupaa Vladimir Oiun, Zhou Xuan, Nara Leao, the list goes on...

rateyourmusic.com/~ElectricLizard

>Antoine Beuger
which one?
He meant Radelescu is a mediocre composer and the meme needs to FUCKING STOP.

Peep my account

Man talk shit I just smile and flush....

I could give a shit about classical music from Taiwan too, but the issue is the people who drone him come on here and act like you are some sort of bad person if you do not listen to the same music he does.
I am all for musical exploration, for many people including myself it is fun. But calling someone shit because they don't think Solo Violin Impressions is the best thing known to man is stupid.

You're projecting so hard lol

>but the issue is the people who drone him come on here and act like you are some sort of bad person if you do not listen to the same music he does
montie shut the fuck up. the reason you're made fun of is because you listen to fucking oasis.

Radelescu is the most mediocre shit for fuck's sake

>which one?
Young Person's Guide. He gave that 5.0 way back in 2009.

>which one?
the one that got memed to death

rateyourmusic.com/~randomforest

where do I start with Schubert's piano works?

lol haven't read that one in a while

How am I projecting? I literally think it goes against "being a fan of music" for listening to music because of some sort of image on yourself it may present.

Here is the Oasis strawman yet again.

why is montie so based

sigh what a pretentious name for an album
it's not like Beuger is some highly acclaimed name

t. montie

that's a common phrase actually

rateyourmusic.com/search?searchtype=l&searchterm=a young person's guide

Sonata no 21 in b-flat major

hello welcome to the lowercase diner

ill take a beuger with a side of freys and a maltfatti

why did Montie leave this thread

honestly i'm not even joking montie is literally a thousand times a better person than 90% of the people in these threads, fuck this shit, so stupid

when did this turn into /classical/?

fucking teens

Most of those links are
1. the piece "YPGto the Orchestra"
2. a guide to a highly acclaimed musician (King Crimson)
3. a "guide" to something other than the artist (self mutilation)
hahahahahahahahaha kill yourself

I replied. I move from thread to thread.

Thanks, it is always nice to see fans.

kek

wow, gene, you are really deep into musique arnt u buddy?
i bet you show all your pals at lunch the latest electroacoustic and tape music you have heard

After I posted that you hadn't replied.
Fucking coward.

do you have autism?

Oh shut up Montie you don't even know shit about modern classical music. You're in no position to talk.

No, I don't.

Because as I said, I jump from thread to thread and sometimes forget which ones I post in because I post in so many.

>Peep my account
yeah i know you're 18, that was a rhetorical question. the point is that an 18 year old mocking a post for "reeking of a 16 year old" is like those fresh into high school kids who made fun of junior high kids

you are both really awful please stop and/or remove your trips

also looking for good recordings using fortepiano

any particular recording?

funny considering he's the biggest culprit of that kind of thing

S C H I F F
C
H
I
F
F

How so?

I know him personally

thanks! his ecm recording from last year includes sonata no 21 and is recorded on fortepiano

Hey, me too! I went to high school with his older brother. Also, I was the one who introduced him to Polly Bradfield and Julius Eastman.

i had richter in mind but schiff's is probably a good choice too, haven't heard him play it though

I'm aware
That's why I recommended it...
Record last year is top notch, best of the year

damn i lied about knowing him personally. thats pretty cool that you introduced him to those musicians though

introduce me to someone i probably never heard of

i thought you might have just been recommending his recordings in general

apparently I listened to one of his recordings of the same sonata two years ago.. I'll have to revisit that as well

Sorry, I have an exclusivity contract with Rich.

damn... well tell "rich" i say "hi"

say it like that though... "hi"

rateyourmusic.com/~fourthofjulie
i am aware i am an embryo

please genre vote on that shit so it shows up on charts

try finding this maybe rateyourmusic.com/release/album/sviatoslav_richter/schubert__sonatas__nos__19_and_21/

Sure thing. That's how he would say it too.

whats your rym user you seem like a nice person with good taste

why are you tripping

rateyourmusic.com/~nadirauxpommes

i'm fairly certain my genre voting and ratings have had zero weight since my name change, but i went ahead and voted. i'll look out for that recording as well.

Just started. How am I doing, so far?

rateyourmusic.com/~corvolyce

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

i just do it for the chart threads desu

>zero ratings and lists

ah crap, you can request a weighting update through the feedback page if you haven't abused the system in any way

how2change name?

become a subscriber and you'll get instructions

yeah, I figured I would just hold off until sonemic and see if that changes it. that may be a poor strategy considering how slow development is.

rateyourmusic.com/list/sharifi/name_change_faq/

>:P
wdhmbt?

rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb

strawpoll.me/10391698

This website is a tumor that has been leeching my time, soul and energy for almost four years. I turn twenty years old on March 28th, and I'd be disgusted with myself if I let such an immature vehicle for narcissism continue to affect my life from this point forward.
Rating is completely pointless, and it's clear that every other 'solution' I've tried to solve the RYM problem in my life has been a temporary patch to a permanent problem.
I'm locking myself out of my account tomorrow evening. I hope that anyone reading this considers doing the same. The way RYM treats music, both as a website and a community, is antithetical to how music is innately supposed to be.
If you're reading this, please reconsider the role RYM has in your life, and consider getting off this site. Most users I've talked to don't even want to be on the site, and I definitely feel that this website is a sickness much stronger than most people realize.

wdhmbt?

Redpill me on ~sodr2

Redpill me on psychometry.

just avant-teens, nothing to 'redpill'