tirestires.bandcamp.com/album/shadowdog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Incredible album

what is this

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH REC

tirestires - shadowdog
"no"

holy fuuuuck this is good

Yeah. At first I thought it kind of fell off after track 8 but it recently clicked for me and I love pretty much every song.

Link? Nothing on youtube

Nevermind found the Bandcamp

yes.

This is a pretty good example of maximalism.

im downloading it rn
im so excited guys

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

new

I opened this thread to post . Every Lone album post-Lemurian fits as well

my demo tape

holy shit this is good
why don't people talk about this more?

ebin

1/10 bait

stop posting this

not really maximalist desu

stop viraling your fucking music

fucking this

probably cause no now is better by miles

stop viralling your shit

my aoty is from this newer small artist and i'm always afraid to rec it to you guys cause i don't want him to end up like jonathan

cringe
try less next time

this so much

This album is almost too big at times

yeah sorry

Radiohead.

I listened. Its shitty bandcamp tier music that sounds like a really really bad black dice rip off. Nice shilling mate

I swear to god I wasn't shilling senpai. Which Black Dice albums sound similar, I'd love to hear more music like that.

also this

See this... (at least in my opinion). Er, sorry for chomping on your toes.

great album, but not really what I would consider maximalist

dude just post it nobody cares except autists

all amazing albums

gonna check these out.

what defines maximalism? is it just alot of filling of space or just really layered and textured?

>what defines maximalism? is it just alot of filling of space or just really layered and textured?

I'd say a mix of the two, basically lots of dense layered sound.

the literal definition of maximalist is "a person who holds extreme views and is not prepared to compromise.", so I guess you could argue that maximalist music also puts forth themes that are very extreme with no compromises.

No problem, I'll check it out.

(i still think shadowdog is great though)

Or literally anything except Octahedron and Noctourniquet. I choose this one because it's probably their most dense album

Beethoven's 9th Symphony.
I mean I guess that's what the minimalists thought was the inverse of their approach, if their approach had an inverse at all. But the inverse of min is max, right?

alright thanks, really like alot of the albums being mentioned in the thread. Gonna try to look for more maximalist shit.

Oh wait, the minimalists were reacting against serialism! I think most ppl don't care whether the harmonic content is really complex tho when they think of 'maximalism'. So anyway, there is also the music of Schoenberg, Webern, etc.

if by maximalist you mean forcing in the maximum amount of content with no regard for quality then sure

reminds me of graham kartna

Amputechture has denser moments but yeah as a whole this is pretty dense. Omar really had a thing for adding 3 too many guitar tracks.

Looked him up, he seems interesting. Where should I start with his music?

Check out Rhetoric On Sublime and Adventures of Death Boy, after those, just listen to the rest

surprised nobody's posted this one

what's wrong with that anyways?

I'm sorry but "maximalist" is a stupid buzzword forced by pitchfork.

you'd better be fucking sorry

literally nothing else in this thread besides pic related fits the term of maximalism

nah and who cares tho

It's pretty maximalist, but it definitely doesn't reach the level that No Now or shadowdog do.

both are post-minimalist

Pic related, absolutely ground breaking

The opener blew me the fuck away, the rest of it is great but nothing lives up to that.

no

sort of

N I SPRAWL OUT OHHHHHHHHH

I really enjoy his production skills, but I've always found Aberinkula to be badly mixed overall, especially in the verse where Cedric sings "Am I the one you're after?".