It kind of makes me sad that a lot of people think this is only enjoyed ironically...

It kind of makes me sad that a lot of people think this is only enjoyed ironically. I think some stuff in vaporwave is genuinely very interesting. Not to mention, it has a big emotional impact for me. When I listen to a song like 420, it makes me feel a lot of different things: hyper-nostalgia, sadness, calmness. Like I'm stuck in some timewarp in the early 90s, and I'm missing something, but it won't come back.

To me, the term "hyper-nostalgia" keeps coming to my mind. It's this weird feeling that a memory is there on the edges, but I can't quite grasp it.

What are your thoughts on this stuff? This is un-ironically one of my favorite, and most emotionally affecting songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/skeleton
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this album instantly triggers memories from a distant past that may or may not have existed. its just a quality of vaporwave music as a whole, the ability to trigger nostalgia.

Damn. You need to get out more.

to me vaporwave is amazing because it defies time

>It kind of makes me sad that a lot of people think this is only enjoyed ironically

This is what happens when you spend all your time Sup Forums. Nobody likes this shit ironically

>Like I'm stuck in some timewarp in the early 90s, and I'm missing something,

what are you missing?

remimdee that this albun was made by a tranny dyke

Vaporwave can be good, too bad more of it doesn't sound dark or creepy like Skeleton's first album as it's the best album in the genre.

soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/skeleton

i agree with ya. if you want some real nostalgic shit check out 骨架的, the rest of vektroid's music, and james ferraro's night dolls with hairspray... all good stuff

like you're walking in an empty shopping mall from the early 90s. you see everything, but everything that made it feel alive is gone. the world has moved on, but you're still wondering what it must feel like to have lived in that time.

I literally cringed when I read this.

for some reason, it always brings to mind that mall from gta: vice city. please tell me i'm not the only one

Same

And I actually like vaporwave

Your pretentious and gay
go away nerd

420 is the only worthwhile song on Floral Shoppe in my opinion. The vaporwave aesthetic is already making waves in other genres.

did vhs head invent vapor wave?

I love the idea of Vaporwave since I'm a sucker for pretty chord progressions and cheesy Jazz Fusion stuff, but a lot of it is very underwhelming. If more people started making R+7-type stuff (not strictly Vaporwave but it calls to mind similar A E S T H E T I C S) I'd be a very happy man.

I guess I getchu. but the part I don't relate to is wondering what it must have felt like at that time. I'm fine in the time I'm living in....don't really miss much or am jelly of anything in that decade

i enjoy vaporwave but Floral Shoppe is really an overrated album tbqh

How would someone enjoy this ironically? Vaporwave is ironic you dolt. What irony level are you on

I see vapourwave as dadaist music. It is music that destroys music, deconstructing the things that were catchy 20-30 years ago and pointing out the superficiality of much of it. In some ways it isn't so much composed as constructed from various parts, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I have a feeling someone like Marcel Duchamp would like it.

I get depressed when I think of people who listen to vaporwave. Both ironically and unironically. Just pissing your time down the fucking drain.

good double