Been diving a lot into Tool lately. Tool thread I guess. What's Sup Forums thoughts on the band?

Been diving a lot into Tool lately. Tool thread I guess. What's Sup Forums thoughts on the band?

Enter Sandman is a pretty good song

maynard is a pretentious faggot but has a cool voice

nah man in the box id their best song

>he doesn't think Awake is their best song

Honestly my favorite band. Brought me out of a lot of dark times and continues to do so. I still find new meaning within their songs, even have lyrics tattooed. Great fucking band.

That's not how you spell Freak on a Leash

Maynard is kind of an ass but I like a lot of the Jungian themes in the music.

to be honest, OP, I love Tool.

My favorite album of theirs is probably Lateralus although 10,000 Days has the most listens by me just because of the Parabol/Parabola combo.

I find them really confronting. I see what kind of importance they have for people.

Is that a badger?

Parabola is probably one of my favorite songs from any artist. The music video for prison sex is one of the few things I have ever seen to make my skin crawl

Drummer is fantastic, Bassist is good.
Their guitarist is a talentless hack.
Singer has a good voice but writes lyrics like an edgy teen who's read 1 history book and skimmed a wikipedia article on psychology.

Very good band, unfortunately get a shitty rap for being edgy because a lot of teenagers like them, even though the band stopped being angry after Aenima and have gone on to write some of the best songs ever such as Reflection and The Grudge.

their best song is Parabol/Parabola, no question (technically two different tracks but one doesn't work without the other)

Can we talk about the fact that Maynard joined the armed forces for the soul purpose of using the G.I bill to fund his schooling?
Like, holy shit.

Their lyrics are pretty shitty, but everything else is good. Maynard has a beautiful voice.

this is the single cover, I use it too

The lyrics are the best part

A lot of people do that, dude.

wow i can't believe this thread didn't get derailed by tool hate.

i mean i hate tool but it's sort of nice that people are leaving you guys alone

Who's tool?

>Parabol/Parabola (technically two different tracks but one doesn't work without the other)
So this is now a cringe thread?

>Honestly my favorite band. Brought me out of a lot of dark times and continues to do so. I still find new meaning within their songs, even have lyrics tattooed. Great fucking band.

Parabol/Parabola was on Lateralus

oh nvm lol

10000 days is their best song t b h

>mfw loved tool
>introduced tool to a friend
>he thought it was shit at first but after some days he started putting a shit ton of Tool songs and Alex Grey imagery in his facebook
>hate tool now

I go back to them from time to time though

A lot of people do that, why should we talk about it? Why does it make you go "holy shit"?

I like Tool but getting any lyrics tatted on u is cringe as fuck desu senpai

One of my favourite bands.

I love those two songs but jesus christ, that was stereotypical cringe

Maynard is pretentious as fuck.
Tool produced maybe one or two actually good songs.
Only tools listen to Tool.

how long ago did you move to the US?

Tool got me through 8th and 9th grade and while I don't love them anymore, they had a lot of good stuff and they helped me get into more complex and experimental music. As for the albums mine go
-Undertow is sludgy, dark, grungy spin on grunge and alternative rock. 7/10
-Aenima is their most diverse, but also maybe their edgiest. 7.5/10
-Lateralus has the highest highs and is amazing, but sometimes feels like it's missing the density that their other records have. 8.5/10
-10000 is great, but kinda starts going back towards that edgy song writing that is prevalent on their earlier albums. 8/10

my fav songs are Rosetta Stoned, Parabol/Parabola, Wings for Marie duo, Reflections, 46 & 2, Pushit, and Schism.

*grungy spin on progressive metal

ITT is a lot of Sup Forums meme-ing and imprinting their own personal insecurities about taste and artistry on a band that has been more than consistent over the last three decades and has produced some of the most sonically and poetically impacting music between 1990 and 2020.

Adam Jones is not a fucking hack.

Maynard is not some edge lord.

Parabol/Parabola is some of their best work though there is a place for each of their songs in my life which sounds gay as fuck but fuck you.

I probably took a lot of bait. Tool fans are easy targets. I know I am eager to share and experience the discovery of truth with others but that is not everyones agenda.

Thats like the most common reason people join, aside from the desire to actually legally murder people

tool are an awesome band, great music and interesting lyrical themes. i don't see how people that browse Sup Forums like to hate them because of the "fanbase" when this board is the same fucking place that spawned chvrches, grimes, and death grips worship. their music might not be most intellectual thing that you've ever heard in your life like people think when they're really into them, but to dismiss them as a bad band is even stupider. a perfect circle is also great

overall they're a good band.

pretentious 'mu' fuck heads like to hate on them to seem like their taste is anything other than totally autistic

literally the only way to listen to 10,000 Days

dont know whats up with people saying tool copies other bands. I've listened to a lot of hard metal albums and tool sounds unique.

i can dig it.

no one says this

>tool sounds unique.
>what is king crimson

here's a rule of thumb:
If they use guitars, they're not unique

Probably disliked by pretentious faggots of mu, as it's a kind of band that people get into in their high school years. Still, it's an excellent band, with some amazing songwriting skills. A must listen for any aspiring basist or drummer.

king crimson isn't even that metal if at all,

tool is VERY metal

half of Sup Forums praises them half of Sup Forums hate them

I love their work but dont hold them in regards to gods as some people do they push the boundaries on prog metal and rock and have some really interesting ideas and for people bashing on them for being cringy pseudointellectuals they do have a lot of themes dealing with metalphysical ideas but dont take it so far as say phish or grateful dead which are way more cringy than tool will ever be

>if they are niggers rapping they are unique
kill yourself
tool sounds a lot like discipline era king crimson

Limp Bizkit is more unique than Kendrick Llama

>tfw the crescendo at the end of Lateralus

>Maynard is pretentious as fuck

He's just a really good lyricist. I don't understand why people act like he's so pretentious, the dude seems pretty reserved in all the interviews I've seen.

Man I wish I was pretentious enough to call someone else that actually has talent pretentious

that's why most people do it