Electronic music

>electronic music
>albums

This is objectively wrong. Even in the originally intended dance music genres of techno, house, breaks and trance the expansiveness of these genres over their each own 30 years histories have produced entire subgenres of non-dance based music.

Post legit albums in techno, house, breaks, trance and garage ITT

what the hell is your point?

>participating in the disgusting act of placing songs in groups with one another
I won't stand for this

Not all techno, house, breaks or trance is exclusively dance music and consequently should not only be listened to in singles/EP/mixes only.

Ok well listen bud it's cool if you wanna listen to Pink Floyd w/o song structures but the rest of us would like to dance.
Ta-ha, I'm kidding, except to say that maybe chin-stroking to electronic listening music is a shitty waste of both of our times and that the adaptation of house/techno/breaks/trance's rhythmic and timbral undulations to the idle domicile does our critical listening faculties a disservice by treating music like a drug. Granted, fuck me. All this entrancing repetition tho, what gives? Outside of the communalistic energy of the club environment, why does all this ritualistic syncopation exist?

The most relevant format in dance music ("electronic" music is another story) is the single and there is no denying that. That does not mean that there hasn't been great or seminal albums in dance, but singles are still paramount.

see
The Orb aren't dance music but they are still house music.

>("electronic" music is another story
Thats just a means of production, wtf are you on about?

I know The Orb are still house dude, what I'm saying is that makes them not worth listening to. Electronic music for the home is shit like Stockhausen. I'm also not really devoted to this line of reasoning because I listen to plenty of popular music at home and have no proclivity toward exclusively listening to art music outside of social contexts like clubs and shows. But intellectually, that would probably make one keen.

Regardless of how far your head is stuck up your own ass, this doesn't change the fact that not all house, techno, breaks and trance is dance music.

i meant that there electronic music that isn't dance (like industrial) that is more album-based.
>The Orb aren't dance music but they are still house music.
well yeah, but that's why they're sorta shit

There is also lots of artists and entire subgenres of house, techno, breaks and trance which aren't dance music too.

Your opinion on The Orb is irrelevant.

You fail to address me on my own terms! A fictional version of me is calling your taste shit, and you're still blathering on about the non-dance dance derivatives. Anyway, I love all of it.

What music you like or what you think of my taste is not the point of the thread. Well done for managing to grasp the difference between the point and the cliche Sup Forums necessity to just call others taste shit and not discuss anything, ever.

What is there to discuss about non dance dance derivatives delivered in album format? Well, there are actually tons of things to discuss, but about specific albums. but to make a thread where you're trying to prove a point to blemesters about the role of albums is kinda tone-deaf because the primary discourse on this board has been centered around albums from the start. For them to invoke primacy of the single and mix is a progressive step in recognizing the totality of forms that significant, life-changing music can take, as far as Sup Forums's collective conscience is concerned.

I thought the most relevant "format" is to actually go to a club and dance your ass off to a 3 or 4 hour long mix.

I wouldn't argue it with /bleep/ as they aren't that stupid and stick primarily to their /general/ and it would be a pointless, unnecessary argument.

The thread itself could take any form of discussion the participants would choose to direct it, be it about singular albums or the plethora of styles which fall outside of the dance music specific styles within those genres, alas we have ended up discussing semantics.

yeah, only DJs need care for singles, any dance music fan would just listen to mixes

a mix that's generally made up of...singles. and that's precisely why singles are important because it's more convenient for the dj and they're quicker to put out.

looooooool, trying to get Sup Forums to learn the differences of techno etc subgenres when they still unironically call it all '''''''''electronic music''''''''' is a waste of time senpai

And how many people on Sup Forums and in /bleep/ are DJs?

Oh and you sought to circumvent this by closing the argument altogether in the OP. Niiiice.
Scion - Arrange & Process Basic Channel Tracks
siiiick mix album by this dude Scion. basically a hero. May have to turn it down significantly to be able to sleep soon.

Ok? So what?

No one is ONLY listening to dance music singles because singles are the true puritan way to listen to dance music, and literally never listens to albums. If they are then they're just doing it for the sake of it, for status and so they can look down on people.

Stop being retarded and listen to music however the fuck its presented.

What significance does "singles are still paramount" have though? Is anyone getting looked down on for releasing dance music albums instead of dance music singles? Absolutely not.

i'm not talking about listening on an individual level, i'm saying that singles are most the significant medium for dance music because mixes and music that is being played at clubs by djs are generally comprised of singles. of course if you want to talk about practicality or convenience then mixes are the route to go, but that wasn't the point i was trying to make.

i never said that people should be looked down upon for listening to albums - that's silly. but if you were a dance producer you'd certainly get more plays and visibility if you put out a couple singles/eps out in a year as opposed to an album because djs tend to use tracks that are put out on the former format - that's just what dance music "culture" dictated for the longest time and a large percentage of said djs still adhere to it.

How is that compared to Leland?
Pensum is one of the top electronic songs I've ever heard.

just listen to the tunes you autists

>>>/bleep/

lol, op is opposite of /bleep/ do u even know what you're talking about

Are you implying mixes can't be for bedrooms?

this. idk how these guys even make issues out of this kind of shit

Fucking summer retard.

If its not EDM, its IDM.

this shitpost shouldn't be funny and yet it is

Way to miss the point your fucking dickhead.

>if you were a dance producer

But this thread is about and making the point that not all techno, house, breaks and trance are dance music.

this thread is just needless and redundant considering Sup Forums already holds albums to a higher regard and it's like pulling teeth to get ppl here to listen to any other medium. acting victimised cause /bleep/ sometimes shitposts about rockists and albums being irrelevant is silly and frames Sup Forums’s general attitude towards dance and ambivalence for singles/mixes in an inaccurate light. it's like a giant strawman essentially.

those are still primarily dance genres and just because they have "evolved" does not mean that you can just remove all context. also dance music =/= club music. there is dance music that is not necessarily super danceable - it's all very arbitrary.

this man knows what's up
I'll also add that what format you listen to things in should be determined by the artist's intent on each specific release if you're going to care about it at all
dance genres don't somehow only work in eps/singles, they just generally do because that's what the producers released them as due to their intent for the songs to be played in mixes

>when Sup Forums tries to talk about electronic music

lmao, simply lmao

Not really because any attempt to discuss techno, house, breaks or trance outside of /bleep/ thats not dance music gets shitposted to death with hurrrrrrrrrrrrr >electronic music albums

ALL music is dance music primarily, rock n roll to rhythm and blues, Jamaican sound systems to Waltzes

Its not all dance music

epic /bleep/, fuck off back to your EDM general

>tries to act superior
>unironically uses the label ''electronic music''

lmao

I'm not saying that >electronic albums shitposting doesn't happen, what I'm saying is completely irrelevant to that
and I don't claim all electronic music is somehow dance music either, I used that term specifically because that's what I was talking about

Right, so then theres nothing wrong with this thread.

exactly
I was just saying that user knew what he was talking about and added on to his point

Whats the difference between

downtempo
ambient techno
ambient house
?

Ones downtempo, ones techno and ones house.

Was this a trick question?

what are you even saying? Learn how to construct an argument, tard

Read the thread, tard.