>[YouTube] Not Found

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/4ehv340ohdah8cz/AADau1GCxR4ge3xVFxXHcdDla?dl=0
clyp.it/0fto0e5o
youtu.be/TdGVPEahsD4
dogwoodguitars.com/exploring-common-guitar-myths/
bryankimsey.com/setup/neck_relief_1.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=P9kGnvpT5YQ
stewmac.com/How-To/Online_Resources/Learn_About_String_Action_and_Setup/Basic_Set-up_Instructions.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I couldn't imagine doing that, sounds terrible
I had it for years but never really had any issues, so I dunno
Not really, it works with some stuff pretty well

i want to recreate the classic vintage tone of those 70's amp heads

what is a good and cheaper alternative to an ampeg's SVT?

tube or solid state, it don't matter.

Ampeg PF800 gets close to that sound, if you want something more old school, avoid the PF500 though. Also the Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 does it pretty well

Do Squiers and MIM fenders have the same pickups? Is there any sense in swapping the pickups to slightly upgrade my squier?

But it only happens on low E string. Its not fret-specfic. But maybe you're right what do I know. If anyone else wants to give their opinion : dropbox.com/sh/4ehv340ohdah8cz/AADau1GCxR4ge3xVFxXHcdDla?dl=0

They usually have different pickups but depending on the Squier model it could not be an upgrade, as the high end Squier stuff has been known to have better pickups than the MIM Fenders. What would be the best way to upgrade would to go past MIM Fender stuff to either US Fender Pickups or aftermarket companies like Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio

anyone britfags had any issues with Gear4music? I've had multiple orders fucked up by them in the past and I've just about had enough after they sent me the wrong item entirely (a Behringer compressor pedal instead of my 2i2 interface)

every behringer and bugera amp is based off the ampeg sound. Some of them are actually good amps, too.

That user last thread that posted Rory Hoffman got me on a gypsy jazz kick. I tried to record my quick take on a gypsy-vibe improv:

clyp.it/0fto0e5o

I think I did alright with the rhythms, minus a few tempo stumbles. Those leads are hard as fuck on nylon strings though. Gotta start practicing my gypsy shred more often, it's fun as hell to fuck around with

youtu.be/TdGVPEahsD4
This is hilarious

a few things are possible here.

1. your action on your low E string is set too low
2. your nut slot is poorly cut, so your guitar is buzzing at the nut
3. your guitar is setup with the truss rod adjusted wrong, but only a little bit so that your thickest string is the only one having a problem
4. your guitar's neck is twisted, so that the fingerboard is higher toward the low E and lower toward the high e
5. your frets are out of level only along your low E

in an ideal setup, your fingerboard is dead flat (yes, really: relief causes more problems than it solves) and your frets are perfectly level, with your action set to the height you like to play.

is rocksmith any decent for actual learning purposes?

It's good at physically getting you to pick up your guitar, but it isn't very good at teaching basics of rhythm, technique, scales, or theory in general. If you focus on getting good at the game, you'll probably forget the actual songs when you put it down.

It's probably a good tool for getting started, because it maintains an incentive to play something even if you're not actually getting very good, but it keeps you invested long enough that you get past the point where most folks just give up. Then, you should probably practice tabs and scales to a metronome or find a teacher.

at 800 watts… damn that is a lot of headroom that i can dig. it is also a lot cheaper than an svt and lighter.

yeah i heard about the tone hammer. actually thinking of getting that ampeg scr di box too

thank you for that, i'll look into to it.

Fuck, sorry I better take it to the store? I wish life was simpler

A flat setup is nit ideal at all. You will have to play much more softly on the lower frets to avoid buzz.

There's a wide variety of acceptable setups when it comes to electric guitar, and guitar in general. Some have more buzz, some have less buzz. None have no buzz. But a setup with a flat fretboard is not an ideal setup.

Made my day, cheers for posting.

No, just raise your low E string. You should check some videos online about setup. It's easy and it's a skill that you will be able to use over and over. Just go slow.

First and foremost, listen to where along the string it's buzzing from. That'll give you a lot more information as far as what to check.

You can check if your frets are level with a credit card. You go fret to fret, laying it across three at a time parallel to the strings, trying to rock it back and forth. If the card rocks, you know that you're on a high fret. If there's a gap between the card and the middle fret, you know that one is low.

You can check if your neck is twisted by sighting down it, but it takes a keen eye if you're not used to looking for it. Try lining it up next to something straight; that should help it pop if something's up.

The simplest short-term fix is to raise your low E string at the bridge until it doesn't buzz when you play normally.

I apologize for speaking in absolutes. I understand that guitar setup is primarily a matter of taste, but I've found through research and firsthand comparisons that a dead-flat fretboard is the least noisy way for a fretboard to be, given that frets are well-leveled. Here are a couple of sources that back up my claim (and yes, there are sources which back up the contrary position):
dogwoodguitars.com/exploring-common-guitar-myths/
bryankimsey.com/setup/neck_relief_1.htm

here's a video by a luthier discussing causes and solutions to fret buzz:
youtube.com/watch?v=P9kGnvpT5YQ

Thanks guys

I left my Epi LP Special II out in my bedroom for 5 years and only cleaned it 2 or 3 times (just cleaning the surface dust, not anything internal)

it's your amp, not your guitar.

Cube 15x, same scenario.

I'd say it's one of the best starting points. It obviously won't teach you theory, but theory isn't a necessity in the first place. You'll learn what sounds good and what doesn't just from playing a lot of songs. The session mode can also be a ton of fun if you don't have anyone to actually jam with. Make sure you're actually mastering songs though. Don't just learn how to play 50 songs at half speed, 80% difficulty with 80% accuracy or something. Find a few songs you love enough not to get sick of, use the dynamic difficulty on them until it gets too hard, then max the difficulty and slow them down as much as you need to in order to play almost perfectly. Increase the speed by 1-5% each time you play it, and repeat or drop back down whenever you start making too many mistakes. Keep going until master mode kicks in and you're able to play without seeing the notes. Once you reach that point, make sure you can play them without using the game at all, then move on.

I'd advise spending time just listening to simple music and trying to figure out what's being played too. Training your ear is just as important as training your actual guitar skills.

LTD Alexi, Dean Z 79 Standard, Charvel Skatecaster, Ibanez FR320.

Rate /m/e bros. Grade them 1-4

On my way to the music store for 7am for some crazy sales/giveaways.

Wish me luck anons.

Question:
Peavey hp special ct/ft - anyone played them?

>tallica logos
you're either 15 or you want to be 15 again.

what does /gg/ do for a living?

Still in uni, have a part time job at McDonald's.

I would get something close, think ampeg solid state, and then add a tech 21 vt bass pedal. It gets you into that gooey vintage ampeg zone without a ton of money.

The higher end squires have pickups that I would say at least rival the MIM stuff. At least as far as basses go, I'd pick a vintage modified quite over Mexican stuff anyday.

In uni and just quit my part time job I had for 3 years

In uni, doing web search evaluation part-time.

I think I'm about 100 or so in line for this sale. First 300 get gift cards

>your fingerboard is dead flat
NO, Wrong.
Fuckin' kids
stewmac.com/How-To/Online_Resources/Learn_About_String_Action_and_Setup/Basic_Set-up_Instructions.html

It's an absolute behemoth of a store also.

Not a chain or anything, there's only one.

Sorry for blog posting, but /gg/ is dead in the morning anyways and I have to wait 2 hours.
Also tosin abasi or whatever is playing here in a few hours if /gg/ is interested. I've never actually listened to him before or like his kinda music but I've seen him mentioned a few times before.
Similarly, Steve vai was here last year for the same event.

Forgot pic

Not familiar with any of these really except for having heard Yukon Blonde before.

Does anyone want some pics inside the Gibson custom truck?
I don't plan on going in but if anyone's interested Ill take some pics

take some if you can

i like the skatecaster

what is this?
YES PLEASE

Big festival sorta thing at my local music store. Somehow they got the Gibson custom truck from Tennessee to Ontario, Canada.

Gotcha sempais. Won't be opening for a while though.

Opinions on 90s Duo-Sonics?

What about that Starstream?

it is good? should i buy one?

sounds cool user, ill come back in an hour or so, hopefully /gg/ picks up by then

Pls user
I'll love you.
It would be neat to see.
That description is what's wrong about him, they really sell him as something groundbreaking when it was already done before.

literally a cheaper version of a mustang, which is the cheap model fender used to make, the only reason people want to buy them is because theyre vintage fender and quirky, im sure some play well and are lovely guitars since its fender, but if i were you get something more versatile

Software engineer. Yesterday had to stay working til 11 PM because there's a meeting with a client today.
Still, it pays for dank gear and haven't found a better job in months.

Seems more like a two pu Strat.

>britfags

i dont know what kind of duo sonic youre looking at but this is a duo sonic, its a cheap mustang

22.5 inch scale

any good (semi)hollowbodies with p90's?

I'm looking at the gibson es135, but that's about all i can find atm

es-330

At least britfags keep studying. Americucks usually are dropouts :^)
Example the stoner guy that wanted Eruption sheet music because he spent his Berklee money into getting high.

>es-330
forgot to mention I want to keep it under $1200, which I'm starting to think might be impossible, as I don't want to pimp out a shitty epi

Murrican in Germany, actually

do you work at mcdonalds or is that the other user?

But what's wrong with that?

> Epi semi hollows
Aren't they good? I'd guess at least better than the solid body ones.

>I'm starting to think might be impossible
it is, unless someone's selling gear and doesn't understand its value, which happens once in blue moon

I'm

Beginner guitar at best with a 22.5 inch scale. Extremely floppy strings. Nice to have a vintage one in a collection but not as a main instrument.

a couple friends of mine took lessons there, i've never been in though. i only really go to L&M and occasionally Steves. what's their selection like?

put some 14's on it nigga

hit or miss in my experience.

That completely defeats the purpose and the G will sound like shit.

Dutch, actually.

Marry, Kill, Fuck, go!

Hey guys! I bought a guitar and I will practise only with headphones. Do u can recomend me a cheap interface usb? It's a good choice for practise? Thanks in advance !

Just buy a Vox Amplug.

marry strat, kill LP, fuck mustang

But a Vox Amplug it's only for 1 style of music no? I mean they are no very versatile.

use the audio-out port to connect to your PC?

marry LP, fuck mustang, kill strat

Ah okey! And with that i will be able to use software like guitar rig? Sorry but I have 0 idea about this stuff.

marry lp fuck mustang kill strat

Guild m75

I would just go for the Gibson though

Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe

What does /gg/ think about Shill Report?

nice guitars man.
watch out tho, pointy guitars and stickers are a no no here. take it from me lol

marry LP, fuck mustang, kill strat

that lp is a beauty. wish i still had mine

thanks man

Marry Jet City, kill tube screamer, fuck Ampeg cab

Coming home with a new toy.

Hope you guys like unboxing pics, because that's what you're getting.

But first, the Gibson custom trailer for those that asked
Excuse sideways images

Boy, what a huge disappointment. There was maybe like 25 guitars in there. Not even any accompanying info on them.

It really was nothing. I just went in there for like 1 minute to grab these pics.

And that's it. There was maybe 2 or 3 guitars that arent in any of these pics, but they didnt seem like anything special.

Also grabbed a guitar stand and a snark tuner for 8 bucks.

This is my first tube amp, any tips on maintenance and use?
Is it okay to plug it into a standard Canadian power outlet?
And how do I go about using the power and standby switches. Just wanna be sure.

ayy, looking forward to this [flip] Fender [/flip] unboxing.
How's that rainbow finish called?

As am I.
And no idea about the finish, I was out of there before I could ask.

Its custom though so who knows

>not getting a wound g

Almost too excited to open the amp.

And the snark tuner is incredibly convenient.