What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this album?

what are Sup Forums's thoughts on this album?
i really liked it, it had a really big MBDTF vibe to it
i can't really compare it to yeezus since they're completely different, but i really enjoyed it

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/05/22/kanye-west-bodyguard-reveals-rappers-bizarre-behavior/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd say it was his 2nd worst album personally after 808s. Would give it a 7/10 though so still pretty good. Just inconsistent really, but some really great tracks

>i really liked it
me too
>it had a really big MBDTF vibe to it
what?

better than Yeezus, worse than MBDTF

sounded a lot like MBDTF to me desu

complete shit. people like kanye and drake are killing rap

Cancer inducing nigger acting like a nigger

Further proving why he's the biggest nigger on planet earth

not at all senpai

BOOM BOOM BAP

BLACK PEOPLE MUSIC

EDGY LYRICS

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOP BOP

fuck you faggot 15 year olds

do u think stuff like run the jewels and mf doom and aesop rock is "real" rap

absolutely loved ultralight beam, mostly because of chance's perfect verse. i've heard that the college dropout is good, but i've never actually heard it. should i?

>absolutely loved ultralight beam, mostly because of chance's perfect verse
Same, though I didn't even realize it was him until I looked it up.

shit compared to this.

yeah, college dropout is good. i'd give it a listen

His worst album by far, with 808s, MBDTF, and Yeezus being the best

I just listened to that Designer Song Panda. I never realised that that was the song off pt. 2.

Didn't like it. Just MO.

Yes listen to College Dropout.

HI I'M CHANCE

I'M GONNA RAP IN A SILLY VOICE LOL

ACID LOL

lame as fuck

tryhard bullshitters

808s is his best moron

pro tip: kanye is shit

t. 12 year-old

anyone that likes this album or Kanye in general is probably brain dead

You can feel that warm summer breeze...

lol if being "Summer" means understanding Kanye is fucking horrible, sign me up dickweed

okay, enjoy recycling your opinions from Pitchfork.

It's actually my favourite Kanye album since Late Registration. It's not good all the way through, but the highlights are really nice

>Kanye
>Fucking horrible
Stop trying to be edgy, retard. You can say you don't like him but calling him fucking horrible sounds like you're some kid after watching the Taylor Swift event.
It's honestly Kanyes second worst after Graduation. Still a 7/10 though. Super high highs, real low lows.

yawn
super boring
his entire personality is so boring

>yawn

lol nope it's objectively bad art. I don't have to describe things to your liking - head on over to Reddit if you have an issue with people saying mean things to you on the internet.

Kanye is either a) a shitty human being playing the character of a shitty human being, or b) a shitty human being with bipolar disorder. He says nothing intelligent. He is not a respectable person.

>separating the artist from the art

shiggy diggy doo wop

Go back to Sup Forums, memer

>Objectively bad art

Damn....

Already used the reaction I want for this post so just look at it here:

Terrible album cover general?

hahahahaha damn people actually like Kanye???

>Album debuts #1 as all his previous albums have
>Your post
I'll give ya one last (You)

>Being #1 on a top 40 chart makes you the best

LOLOLOL

Recently I've gotten more into Kanye, haven't heard all of his early stuff though. So far I'd rate those that I've heard enough to form an opinion like this:

MBDTF
Graduation
Life of Pablo
808's
Yeezus

Pablo is a great album, especially the first run of songs is amazing. Better than Views over all, even though I'm more of a Drake "fan"

what did he mean by this?

Kanye's worst album by far. It's deserving of nothing above a 2/10. I'm not even a Kanye hater either, I'd honestly consider myself a fan, and I believe MBDTF, The College Dropout, and Late Registration are some of the greatest hip hop albums ever made.

It's a pretty shit album. some great songs throughout but for the most part it's just shit. If this was released by anyone else I don't think it would get half as much praise as it did.

Yeezus is trash. Why do people on this board like it so much?

Run the jewels and doom are hiphop not rap. Both are better than kanye imo

Run The Jewels suck just as much as Kanye my n word.

Rap is a vocal style. Hip Hop is a genre of music. Both of you sound like retards.

Run the jewels is similar to ghost in that it is a all just a performance (I hope). Kanye as a human being is just kinda shitty desu and his music is hit (like a bulls-eye) or miss (like not even same the game).

>Kanye as a human being is just kinda shitty
Can't agree with this, definitely agree his music is hit or miss (with more misses lately) but as a person he really isn't that bad. The media portrays him as far worse than he actually is. Granted he isn't the best guy in the world but he is pretty standard, a lot of people would act the same way when put in his shoes.

yeah Kanye as an actual person such an utter shit, I would probably assult him if he treated me like how he treats most people he thinks are 'below' him.
breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/05/22/kanye-west-bodyguard-reveals-rappers-bizarre-behavior/

The trap-influenced tracks were trash, and most of the more unique tracks were ruined by terrible lyrics. 5/10 if I'm being generous. Worse than Yeezus (which I'd give a 7 despite having some similar problems because its production is flawless).

It's better than Grad and 808's, I'll give it that. But with all the hype behind it, it was easily his most disappointing release. I know Yeezus was very polarizing, but at least he didn't tickle our balls the whole time and build it up to an unreachable level. "This will be one of the best albums of all time. Not THE best, but one of the best". Fuck you for making me read all your stupid tweets about TLOP, Ye.

it was all over the place. solid production, solid lyrics, good singing, good features, but half the album is pointless. the other half though, good ass music, but as far as an album is concerned, it sucks. to me it's like 7 good singles and 7 unreleased tracks that should not be on an album.

>solid lyrics
what?

adding to this guy, the production is awful too, either completely unoriginal trap beats or the track is clipping like all hell.

it's alright i don't expect 80% of Sup Forums to have a clue about rap

Are you agreeing with me and saying that it doesn't have good lyrics? or agreeing with the other guy and saying I don't have a clue about rap?

It was alright. If the Tracklist in was better it would've been amazing.

i am the guy who said it has solid lyrics, which it does. if you think it has bad lyrics i won't hold it against you because 80% of Sup Forums don't know what rap is or supposed to be

>B-BUT THAT ONE LINE IN THAT ONE SONG ABOUT BLEACHING ASSHOLES
shut up dickhead
The album is a 10/10

How does it have solid lyrics? They are all either forgettable lyrics or lyrics that are terrible. I can't think of a single line worthy of being called good on the entire album (Not saying there isn't one just can't think of one)

Actually I take that bit about not knowing a single good line back, Chance had some great lines in his verse, other than that though.

nah bro, they aren't bad lyrics. kanye did his thing. it's lyrically on par with every single album he ever had, no different, just different words, same lyrical style, different beats, differnt flows.

you just don't like the album. i can see why you don't , it isn't cohesive, its all over the place, kanye had what seemed like 8 bar verses on every song so i think that's why it seems forgettable. except no more parties in LA. he let it loose in that song, he had like a 32

i meant to reply to this one here

>it's lyrically on par with every single album he ever had
Kanye's never been a great lyricist but on most of his albums theres a few songs that stand out lyrically, like Gorgeous on MBDTF. On TLOP the tracks that stand out lyrically, are the ones that stand out because of how bad the lyrics are. The only other album of his it's close to lyrically is Yeezus.

love it a lot. one of my favorite albums by him

Yeezus
MBDTF
College Dropout
Late Registration
808s
TLOP
Graduation

I actually don't mind the album, theres some songs I love some I hate. You're right about No more parties though, he managed to keep up with Kendrick, that shit was impressive.

well i think kanye is an underrated lyricist. he's a great songwriter with consistently decent bars.

i think gorgeous on fantasy is the same as everything, to me he has no verses that stand out on any song. but the song as a whole is great.

you wanna hear mine lol
Graduation
808s
MBDTF
Late Registration
Yeezus
College Dropout
TLOP

If they're only consistently decent how is that underrated? Most people that listen to his music agree that as a lyricist he can be good at times but for the most part is only decent.

because consistently decent is a good thing...

It had some good tracks but didn't have anything going for it as a whole

Less than the sum of its parts

Yeah, man!!! Rock will never die, motherfucker!

But most people agree with that, meaning that it isn't underrated

true. i guess i mean among black people haha

>a shitty human being
there is no such thing, only ones i misunderstood or that contradict the values i have chosen to adopt or were imprinted into me in thought or behavior
or some shit like that
he's a pretty interesting personality regardless, or even regardless of whether you like his music

Visual of your argument

lol

are we seriously still "discussing" this?

>sick production
>shitty rapping by kanye
>some cool features

scores ranging from 6-8 make sense though adjusted for kanye scores it should be slightly lower

>808s
>Worst

insufferable