Why is it that whenever someone calls someone's taste in films...

Why is it that whenever someone calls someone's taste in films, books or video games shit it isn't a big thing but once they call someone's taste in music shit they go apeshit?

Because with music you actually feel emotions, unlike the others.

Cause they think music defines them

Films/Books/Vidya can make you cry, you sound like an angsty teenager desu
It's all art

>videogames
>art
Call me when Farmville's inside of a museum, tumblrfag. Are you serious?

>If it's not in a museum, then it's not art

Of course le redditer chooses a mobile game to represent vidya
tumblr? lol have you been browsing that too much m8

People go apeshit over those other things all the time

Only correct answer

/thread

>music
>art
Call me when the State Farm jingle is performed at Cannes. Are you serious?

Well, I see art like paintings, sculptures, and you hear music and see movies at theatres. A mass-produced console that houses data isn't art. Stop having brain damage.

Call me when 50 Shades of Grey, Crazy Frog, and North are inside of a museum, PMRants. Are you serious?
Just because it's shit art, doesn't mean it isn't art.

Yeah, that's what I meant! All videogames are shit.

(You)
damage control

>Pepe
More like, AUTISM.

Shadow of the Colossus is more likely to be in a museum than whatever turds Death Grips shits out, fag.

>DUDE I RUN AROUND A DESERT AND KILL GIANT ROCK NIGGERS 10/10 LMAO
Die.

what death grips song is that

This chat is full of more triggered teens than a bunch of tumblr fags at a comic convention.

Who said anything about crying like a fucking teenager like you seem to enojy doing and will be doing should i ever get my hands on you? I mean laughter, rage, lust, confusion, paranoia, like any real man.

Not sure if it's still there, but there was a huge video game exhibition at a museum in DC a couple years back. There's one in Berlin as well.

>namefag
>has opinion
LOL, tell me what you think is a "good" game...

It's a matter of passion. Between films, books, video games, and music, music is the most easily digestible and accessible. Therefore it's easier to be more passionate and have stronger opinions about a wider section of the art form. In the time it takes to read one book, you could listen to a dozen albums. Hell, you could just listen to an artist's top few singles and have a decent grasp on who they are and what they sound like. Meanwhile you could read a 300 page novel and only be scratching the surface of writer's oeuvre.

All that said, I would fight to the death defending Thomas Pynchon.

It's the exact opposite for me. There is alot less objective points to argue with music than they are with other types of art. So I tend to resort quicker to a "to each their own" mentality when debating music.

I was at moma earlier this year and they had this weird maoist-era pixelated game on a huge display. It had it's own booth and everything.

m8 telltale's the walking dead season 1 made me cry more than any film ever has. I was depressed for like 3 days after

This

underrated

yes and millions of women around the world cry during the notebook that doesn't mean it's good dumbass

This

If they think it's good, then it's good to them. What makes something objectively good? Let me guess, when you out of all 7 billion of us happen to like it?

no
it's when me and a select group of people that I like happen to like it

dumbass

What's your phone number?

underrated

Do not back down, friend. Games will never be art and anyone over fifteen shouldn't be dumb enough to say otherwise (not that I'm implying most of mu isnt under 15)

Yeah, I agree fellow redditor! Right next to BioShock:infinite (tm), spec ops the line (tm) and other beautifuly artistic games like ori and the blind forest!!

Even if you were to somehow lower yourself to the level of saying games are art, you'd also have to say a piece of shit an artist took is art. Which yeah technically it is, but it still doesn't speak much for your self respect or intelligence

What would a work need to have in order to be considered art? In your perspective.

>doesn't have an argument to back himself up, just spouts platitudes and posts facebook memes

>a compilation of animation, illustration, sound design, film, music and writing isnt art

I dont even play video games but youre fucking delusional if you think otherwise

What

well for starters, don't have a sole priority and goal of making sales, with enough mediocre "art" schlick on the side to where critics would approve and you'd try to force the concept of it being art

Doesn't work that way, dumb tripfag.

Not the user but the way I see it; individually they are art, together they are a cluttered hodgepodge.

>no u dum u wrong

nice one bud

kek

Not the user but seriously, why do tripfags seem to think their opinions matter?

>if you shove several preconcepted uninventive and again market approved things in a single package it becomes art!!!!!!

shouldn't you be on imgur or Reddit? games aren't art and never will be anything past mere time killers. They certainly will never be high art. Games have tried and gotten close to some extent but these are also the games that "games are art" fags have never heard of

>implying i think it matters

>one art form combined with another cancels out its validity as art

That's an unfairly broad claim that could be applied to any other form of artisitc medium. Also not to mention that some of the more prolific story-driven games are released for free.

To all people saying videogames aren't art... ever heard of Undertale?

Seriously. Undertale is possibly the best game ever made. I don't understand the hate.

art is not a synonym for good. There is good art and bad art - its entirely up to you.

all art can be called 'time killers' and all art can be marketed and sold. whats your point?

It's more than two though art forms being combined though.

so arbitrary

No one is able to define art in this thread.

> art : something that is created with imagination and skill and that is beautiful or that expresses important ideas or feelings

What art is and what art isn't is actually subjective so arguing about it in the way you guys are arguing is stupid. I hate you.

top fucking kek

Im not open minded because I'm elitist and games are not made with artistic intent. They're made first and foremost for money. Not art. Entertainment. Stuff that can be fun, but not art.

See above

Seriously

>games are not made with artistic intent
broad generalizations
> They're made first and foremost for money. Not art. Entertainment. Stuff that can be fun
would you also say music and film arent art due to some entries into the medium being made primarily for profit?

see

yeah

yeah

same goes for painting and sculpture. Following your definition - nothing is art

Do you guys think the world would be better without art

No difference. We already have no art. Everything is mediocre.

None of you are authorities or even that intelligent. Stop wanking over your own viewpoints and realize we're all dumbasses with no consensus.

underrated

most people don't care about movies, most people have only read a handful of books and only autists care about video games. Music is personal to most people, my pop-rock is better than you pop-country and other nonsense.

Purposely ignorant people are so fucking obnoxious.

Thanks for doing this.

No problem. I have also successfully derailed three threads this week. Summer Sup Forums is so fun to fiddle with.

>Why is it that whenever someone calls someone's taste in films, books
>ask Sup Forums
>ask /lit/

People of Sup Forums and /lit/ are particularly pretentious about their knowledge of 'highbrow' music and think of themselves as connoisseurs of the subject matter. Thus they go apeshit when someone tells them the know nothing.
And it's worth saying, most people /lit/ here don't know much more about music than the average person, the same for lit. Their 'good taste' is pretty much like everyone's taste, but with spice of pretentiousness that causes you to go apeshit when criticized.

I WILL DESTROY YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

the only time you hear music at a theater is when it's being performed. How the fuck would you perform a video game?

True

Lol

People all put music inside their pussy. So talking shit makes that get activated. Other art more goes up their ass wholes. Ergo, music is for pussies, artists are all assholes, bottoming itself careeningwise into 'life's a bitch and everyone's got an asshole.'.

expert bait nice job

but something like the avengers or the 50th texas chainsaw massacre movie is art because its a film, right user? :^)

>you hear music
>hearing music, an involuntary action, makes it art

underrated thread

>he thinks i spy spooky mansion isnt art
why havent you hanged yourself yet?

lost

Everybody actually took this bait