Sup Forums confessions

be sincere

Master of Reality is the only worthwhile Metal album

I can only enjoy obscure experimental music now because I'm afraid of not liking more famous albums.

I think Exuma s/t is incredibly overrated

Hella boring.

DOOM's flow makes me want to take a shower. It's like some super fat guy obsessed with talking about food and comics huffing and puffing in you're face for an hour.

Rod Stewart is my favorite songwriter

>you're face

DOOM haters confirmed for Middle-Schoolers

I kind of agree. I've been listening to some of the bigger funk releases and can't really get into the genre.

It was a typo, friendo. :-)

Have a glass of water.

I've never gotten the appeal of this guy. I've only listened to GKMC and TPAB and only liked about 2-3 songs from each album

GKMC is plagued by shitty early 2010's production and TPAB has a few fun tracks but the rest have boring-ass production and Kendrick has too many cringeworthy lyrics for me to consider him some "profound intellectual" like hip-hop fans do.

Sure it was :)

i love flying lotus to bits but his songs are really short so 50% of his albums (especially You're Dead and Until The Quiet Comes) are just pointless filler.

Even Cosmogramma has one or two filler tracks.

same. Disco, jazz and even soul are so much better.

I really just don't like hip-hop that much. I like Illmatic and Endtroducing, but to be honest I'd much rather spend my time listening to some psychedelic rock than even the best hip-hop.

Emotion by CRJ is amazing. Try it

I still use iTunes because I'm too lazy to figure out how to use Foobar

Fuck off, thanks

this is literally dad funk

BREHHEHEUE A COUPLE APPLE PIES AND A SMALL FRY WITH MORE CHEESE THAN DORITOS FRITOS OR CHEETOS

DRIPPING DOWN THE MEAT GRINDER IN DOOM'S BED AND BREAKFAST BISTRO DELICATESSEN
>devastated memerap white boy pretends to give a shit about grammar through clenched teeth
>this angry
Settle down.

says the samefag who writes in all caps and posts an ironic reaction image
calm down my man :)

Opeth is still one of my favorite bands. Everything from Morningrise to Ghost Reveries is sweet, and Orchid & Watershed aren't far behind. Everyone insisted I would outgrow them, but here I am in 2016 still loving Opeth. Sorry Sup Forums

ehem

lmao

Its 8/10 at most on a good day

> caring about grammer

your underage is showing

hello

>grammer
>GRAMMER
Middle school is that way, friendo---->

i only start to become interested in artists once i see criticism and/or ridicule of them

how about you like them pseudo-ironically
there problem solved

same, found it really grating fsr

is that way, white boy kek

When I was a sad individual my favourite band was Radiohead. Now I'm happier my favourite band is Animal Collective. My favourite solo artist is still Sufjan Stevens.

I do because im too lazy to import all my music into a different program. It would literally take me weeks.

I really don't see how Kendrick's lyrics are cringy. The production isn't boring on TPAB, in fact, I would say it's a lot better than the production on most rap albums

I think this is the greatest album since Arturo tuscinini

Can You Get To That and Hit It and Quit It are great songs
for me it's Houses of the Holy, which is the most atypical metal album, 'cause it's the least-oppressed by mysticism/mythology and/or darkness
Dambala was interesting the first time I heard it, but it's not a great album
>favorite songwriter
>not singer
the biggest releases weren't albums, but James Brown's singles. if you haven't heard the Star Time box you don't know funk yet
I go back and forth on this. sometimes I put on Cosmogramma or Until The Quiet Comes and it's glorious, but other times it's just irritating
why not all?
as soon as you have people restricting themselves to the repetitions of a looped sample or a series of machines (drum, synth), then there's no chance something unexpected can happen - all of it hits my ear as smoothed-out pop music

I really like all Ozzy albums 1980–1991

One of the records that shaped my taste is Elton John: Duets

My favorite song is Kiss—I Love It Loud

I think Sonic Youth are too pretentious to be really enjoyable

This is my least favorite Velvet underground album (Excluding Squeeze)

listen to dalek yo

best rockist hip-hop

radiohead is still my favorite band

feel this, honestly I think he peaked with Los Angeles

I hate psych rock, and I hate people who enjoy it.

I have a problem listening to most (modern) white people music because of the mostly whiny lyrics.

This is my favorite Animal Collective.

Born to Die and Slipknot's s/t are in my 5 favourite albums list

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Do you mean that you're put off listening to acclaimed music because you're worried that you won't like it? Why?

I prefer post-Black Album Metallica to pre-Black Album Metallica.

If you want to listen to psychedelic rock rather than hip hop then listen to psychedelic rock

maybe hip hop isn't for you, maybe it will be in the future. go with flow my bro.

I still haven't listened to in the aeroplane over the sea.

But Opeth are great, user. You carry on.

My major beef with every "10/10 GOAT" album (Beatles stuff, DSOTM, OK Computer, etc.) is that while they have a really cool variety of ideas in there, none of the ideas get explored all that well. While I still think they are pretty good, their philosophy towards making a good album is no different than generic radio pop's in that generic radio pop takes what's hip and waters it the fuck down while those so called 10/10 best ever albums take not only what's hip, but other stuff that's also cool and waters it down into one package.

That being said, I do love The Beach Boys though and imo they are the best pop musicians along with Swans.

completely agree. i think kendrick is way overrated. he has some cool bars and flows SOMETIMES, but for the most part he throws random words and sentences together that don't even make much sense, just like nerdy stuff.

the production is solid i agree with you there, but the SONGS are boring. and lyrically, weird. good messages though i guess.
MY CONFESSION
i think curren$y is the best overall lyricist in hip hop, and has been for over a decade.

>In high school I changed the name of Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend to a Slayer song to hide it on my ipod. Problem was that it was the only "Slayer song" on my ipod. I lent it to this guy one period and he played it... oh the shame

spectacularly bland album, to be honest.

I think The King of Limbs is one of Radiohead's best albums

I think Flood is one of Boris' weakest albums.

>8/10
>used as an insult

I'm gonna have to agree with the guy telling you to go back to middle school

That. It's because most of the albums I've listened to that people love on Sup Forums, RYM, and elsewhere, have let me down. This is from jazz to hip hop to classical to metal to folk, etc.. I've stopped listening to music that's very popular like Sup Forumscore now and listen to random experimental music I find now because I have no expectation or pressure to enjoy it, and I tend to like stuff more without that. It's stupid but there you go.

Lol I'm not even insulting it, I was just giving my opinion on it. I like the album but it's too overhyped.

everyone agrees with this

It's one of the handful of albums that very rarely gets criticized around here, but Spiderland is one of the worst albums I have ever heard.

>I think vaporwave (and its related genres) is heavily underrated.
I realize it's basically slowed-down '80s synth pop with heavy reverb, but it's branched out a lot since its inception. Certainly a lot more than some genres I listen to.

>I will always resent pop punk.
It is NOT deserving of the its label. It is a jester wearing the rotted skin of punk's corpse and putting shame on the name of pop. It's entirely derivative and thoroughly whiny. I would respect it more of every pop punk band a) wasn't seemingly marketed exclusively to teenage girls, and b) didn't appear to mock punk's tropes so much.

I really like Are We Not Men-era Devo and Damon Edge only Chrome.

This. Actually the first 3 Black Sabbath albums are the only worthwhile metal albums, the rest are just mimics and copycats

Radiohead is pretty good but massively overrated

My top 3 albums are super Sup Forums-core shit, but I love them so much...

Slint -spiderland is one of the few albums I felt were so outrageously bad that I couldn't finish the listen through. It shares this accolade with oxymoron by Q and like 21 pilots. Idk what is it about that record but it's bad

true, they're pretty average imo

low end theory is one of the worst hip hip albums of all time
Death is a mediocre band
Opeth is cancer

And?

mac demarco has some good songs but his image is so important to who he is as an artist that i am really bothered by his success

agree i don't get the appeal

I listen to almost exclusively hip hop but have never heard illmatic, the black album or 36 chambers. Just never felt a drive to listen to them I guess.

Sup Forums-core =/= bad

true true

Britney Spears - Toxic is enjoyable.

I've never gave any sort of heavy metal (except black sabbath and it was meh) a chance and never will.
TPAB and MDBTF are okay

Maybe you'll like Edan or Outkast

I am going through a pleb default. I unironically enjoy Mr Self, Feint, Xi, Cash Cash, Madeon and other pleb rubbish.

explain

I always get told that it's best to listen to when you're depressed and lonely, but the simple problem is I don't really have those moments cuase I'm just too damn happy these days.

yeah me too! I've been so happy these days I decided to shitpost on Sup Forums all day

i feel like kendrick has gotten a little lavar burtony in the last 2 years

I hate most KISS but I Love It Loud goes hard

It's boring as shit. The only part I can say I actually enjoy hearing is the end of Washer. Other than that it's just spoken word vocals over very uninteresting guitar rhythms.

But that's ok, as long as you--
>enjoy yourself
>remember that what you're listening to isn't all there is to music

YES
I fucking hate this album and everything with doom. You're not alone user.

Spiderland is only good if you zone out of the music and just make it background music. If i listen closely, the repetition, and bleak tone just bore me.

use musicbee fren

This is one of my favorite albums, but I don't like most of OF releases

tamale tamale xD

I think queen is great.

except that song xD

reasonable

>this kills the RYM community's credibility

noooo! lol :D:D

the bends is stupid britpop

the others are mediocre too, but at least better than the "art rock" take on oasis

You monster!
This.
>My favourite solo artist is still Sufjan Stevens.
>vomits
kys
Accurate depiction
Jesus Christ...
This is fine.
This.
Fucking terrible album.

>monster, how SHOULD I FEEL
>CREATURES LIE heeeere
this song has been playing nonstop for the past few days
I've always known the nightcore version, but the original is fucking GOLDEN
you can hate me, but fuck, it is catchy

HotH isn't a metal album at all though

I unironically enjoy AFI.

kys (kill yourself sometimeintherfuture)