The objective best Radiohead album is Kid A. It rates highest on songwriting, cohesion, consistency, atmosphere...

The objective best Radiohead album is Kid A. It rates highest on songwriting, cohesion, consistency, atmosphere, production, replayability, historical significance/influence, and complete overall vision. You cannot refute this, but I encourage you to try if you so choose, or just be reasonable and agree like a gentlemen.

Other urls found in this thread:

besteveralbums.com/overall.php?rank=1#227
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OK Computer is best

besteveralbums.com/overall.php?rank=1#227

"This web site's purpose is to achieve a means of establishing the greatest music albums of all time by using legitimate critical sources and calculating a ranking based on the rank and number of times an album has appeared in a 'greatest album' chart and then ranking the albums according to their aggregate performance."

They actually just made a better album this year OP

Might as well just post RYM.

They have evolved quite a bit over the years and developed their sound a lot. Therefore there isn't a subjectively better album, but a larger variaty. You can't argue over taste.

>top 10 has both Nevermind and Funeral

nice fedora

>You can't argue over taste
Did you forget what board you're on?

Explain this

Kid A is my favorite Radiohead album, but Amnesiac and In Rainbows come close. I never really liked OKC that much

many people forget one thing

we are now used to the fact that good music comes in numerous quantity every year. But back in 1997, there was no good music - OK Computer was the first good album in the history and so the critics went mad.

so it was a pioneer in a way, many tried to play music up to that point, but everyone was shit, and then Radiohead came and shown that music can be at least ok

Yeah your probz right, but Kid A isn't just better because the charts say so though

nah Nevermind was the best album ever before OKC was

objectively not true

Nevermind, like everything that came before it, was shit.

Kid A still has vastly more influence and relevance today, no matter the pioneering status of OK Computer

>discussing music taste
>objectively not true
ok then.

Are Radiohead fans this retarded?

You're right, Nevermind is dogshit

I'm OP, how is what I said retarded?

it IS objective. I can objectively state that all music that came before OK Computer, be it The Beatles, Miles Davis or Mozart, was shit. Ask any musicologist worth his salt, he'll state the same.

Music started in 1910.
Good music started in 1997.
These are the facts.

holy shit, the b8 is real

sleep tight Thom

not even good b8 either

sleppy tighty thommy

very rude, please don't derail the thread with your unfounded criticism of my baiting skills

sleep tight Thom

No such thing as an objective best. I'm not saying there's absolutely no objective measures of music, but humans can't do it. Your past experience and knowledge result in a unique neural configuration that will inevitably colour your perception of the album. Anyway it's a moot point because the best radiohead album is hail.

Amnesiac is their best album. It by far has the most coherent tone, atmosphere, and theme. Amnesiac is not know for its "bangers" but it stands out as their greatest and most complete and deliberately thought out set of songs that blend together so flawlessly to create one piece of music. It is their darkest album, even darker than AMSP. Amnesiac is Radioheads most experimental album, it is very clear that this is the album that Radiohead took the farthest and also took the most risks.

Now fight me.

Ok Computer is their best album.

Several of the tracks are technically intriguing. For instance, Paranoid Android has time changes from 4/4 to 7/8 back and forth during the middle section, and the guitar part in Let Down is in 5/4, not to mention key and tempo changes out the wazoo, while the rest of the instruments are in 4/4 (albeit i can't really figure that out aside from reading about it).

It's also pretty notable for having more electronics/distorted noises in it than an average 90s alt band. Exit Music (For a Film)'s climax amps up the bass at a ridiculous amount, while songs like Climbing Up the Walls and a bit of Karma Police have distortion to add to the frantics of the song. Electioneering is also pretty electric, but I don't really care for it after my initial love for the album so let's move on.

The album has an overall theming of isolation in the society that the protagonist(s?) live(s) in. Paranoid Android was apparently written after Thom Yorke witnessed a bar fight, and releases a bit of anger about his frustration with peers around him. In fact, that's pretty much most all the album. Subterranean Homesick Alien is about a daydream of leaving Earth and taking a breather from the batshit insane stuff going on here, Exit Music (For a Film) is (in my interpretation, at least) about a couple running away and rebelling from some parent, Fitter Happier is supposed to be a satire about society's bizarre materialism or something (it's a weird-ass interlude), No Surprises is a darker turn down a man's life as he opts for suicide in his depression, and The Tourist is about the character finally slowing down and enjoying life for what it is as he tells others to. There are several theories about this album's concept (or if there is one); for instance, the 'ding' at the end of The Tourist is the car crash at the beginning of Airbag, meaning the album is some loop.

>Woosh

>deliberately thought out
>it's a collection of songs that were cut from Kid A
wew fucking lad

Reference?? You cant just say bold statements with no source and then expect people to believe or respect you. I have never heard anyone in the band say that Amnesiac was just left overs from kid a

sleep tight thom

>It rates highest on songwriting

I genuinely think AMSP is the most interesting thing they've managed to do musically. I'll give you everything else, though.

"They recorded Kid A with producer Nigel Godrich in Paris, Copenhagen, Gloucestershire, and their hometown Oxford. The sessions produced over 20 finished tracks; Radiohead saved many of them for their subsequent album, Amnesiac, released the following year."

not him but it's literally in the booklet lol

>THESE RECORDINGS WERE MADE ON LOCATION AT THE SAME TIME AS KID A

not the guy you reply to, but:
it still doesnt say they are leftovers. they divided their work into two albums. kid a is better instrumrntally while amnesiac has much better structure and lyrics

I think they prioritized Kid A.
imo:
Kid A: 10/10
Amnesiac: 9,7/10

Yes I have always known that they were recorded in one "session", they put out kid a in 2000 and then amnesiac less than a year later. but amnesiac was never suppose to be a b sides of Kid A; Nobody was ever said is anything about B sides to Kid A. It is a whole different, separate album that Radiohead recorded at the same time as kid A. Not left overs.

sleep tight thom