So Ween finally clicked for me. I really loved Quebec and The Mollusk...

So Ween finally clicked for me. I really loved Quebec and The Mollusk, and I've got White Pepper going right now and it's awesome. Should I just get everything they ever did?

Also general Ween discussion thread. Favorite albums/tracks, etc. Exactly Where I'm At is my current favorite track although ti's still new for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_q33eC5LPBc
youtu.be/0vZsPEviUnM
youtube.com/watch?v=Wl7bBEH_hJs
youtube.com/watch?v=cso8-D0BhC0
youtu.be/zzYykIA1xVg
youtube.com/watch?v=K65dRRa3GoM
youtube.com/watch?v=04VT9becM3A
youtube.com/watch?v=s492PMdIaJs
youtube.com/watch?v=zzYykIA1xVg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First album is killer

Pure Guava is best album

These guys are just an autistic version of They Might Be Giants.

Noted
Tell me where to start with TMBG and I will listen to them too

My man here is a flowchart

This also

They'd probably agree, actually

Lincoln is fantastic

THIS

ALSO I've been listening to Ween extra stuff for the past few weeks and this live album kicks so much ass. Some may rec you Paintin' the Town Brown, and while that does have some choice cuts, this one has better song choice and quality, so if you're itching for more brownness give shit shit a try.

fuckfuckfuck I forgot to remove trip

FLOOD

unironically agree

Get GodWeenSatan: The Oneness. So many great songs.

youtu.be/_q33eC5LPBc

They're TMBG if TMBG did a shitload of drugs and didn't take themselves so damned seriously.

I love the live version from Paintin' the Town Brown.

youtu.be/0vZsPEviUnM

My man if you like Paintin' the Town Brown you'll love which has an even better version of that song youtube.com/watch?v=Wl7bBEH_hJs

My fucking nigga

The brownest ween found me in a fucked up time in life when I was in high school, drunk and high and struggling with my first serious existential crisis. Their bittersweet silliness helped me through a lot of shit in my younger days. I can take the hardest shit that happens in life a little easier because its all so absurd anyway

Dont know if that makes sense but Ween is a part of me. The Quebec demos are fucking golden

youtube.com/watch?v=cso8-D0BhC0

Also aren't these bastards reuniting???

Ween are Barenaked Ladies for fedoras

Kill yrself

OCEAN MAN WONT U TAKE ME BY THE HAND TAKE ME TO THE LAND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND

I feel like they have to be one of the most inconsistent bands when it comes to making shit I actually wanna hear and would return to.
If I like this: youtu.be/zzYykIA1xVg
particularly that live version and the way his guitar sounds, what part of their catalog is best for me?

>Should I just get everything they ever did?
Yes. And there are not many bands I would say that about.

I like The Pod the best

This so hard... theres so much!!

no those three are actually the only good albums they have

I just found this track a few months ago. Ive been a big fan for a while and i dont know how this one got by me.

youtube.com/watch?v=K65dRRa3GoM

There is the same musical intelligence, humor and songcraft throughout their discography, it just gets more polished as time goes by. I even like their country album. "Fluffy" is one of the few non-classical pieces of music to actually make me cry. (one time...)

youtube.com/watch?v=04VT9becM3A

Oh, and don't forger the Pizza Hut demos!

youtube.com/watch?v=s492PMdIaJs

jesus christ get this /bleep/ faggot out of here

Try some parts of Quebec and White Pepper. Takes some digging, they're really varied and eclectic.

Seriously their albums are all fucking great. Chocolate and Cheese is what got me into Ween and will always be my go to album. Every track on it is unto itself but the entire album gels which is fucking miracle that Boognish himself gave to you.

Recognise.

Yup. Just get everything and listen from the beginning, it's all good. Once you're done you can start getting into bootlegs, and that's basically a whole other discography

youtube.com/watch?v=zzYykIA1xVg