How do you think they feel now that their music is no longer taken seriously anymore and has now become a meme?

How do you think they feel now that their music is no longer taken seriously anymore and has now become a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_Z2218wdcs
youtube.com/watch?v=nKT6OefrvQE
youtube.com/watch?v=gUX8Tx0GFYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

at this point of their career they should be thankful they have been regarded as a legendary meme.

When was it taken seriously?

>the years start coming and they don't stop coming

Apparently they're not big fans about it. I was talking to the guys who ran Shrekfest 2015 about this. Apparently they tried booking Smash Mouth for the event, but they refused to play because it was apparently too meme.

>Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me

>didn't make sense not to live for fun

wel anythings depressing when you put a sad picture next to the words

>all that glitters is gold
>only shooting stars break the mold

>it's a cool place and they say it gets colder. You're bundled up now just wait until you get older.

>Pop that pussy pitch into a tent

good lord

I mean, seriously. This shit is Wiggles-tier.

>My world's on fire, how about yours?

youtube.com/watch?v=C_Z2218wdcs

The first album is a _lot_ different from the later stuff and much more raw. You'd have a hard time thinking this is the same band that made all of their hits.

Basically, they were just like Vertical Horizon and Goo Goo Dolls; semi-underground 90s pop punk who turned into neutered, kid-safe pop rock for $$$. It's called selling out.

holy shit they were fucking ska punk
jesus christ thats embarassing

And now you understand why Christgau gave the first album an A-, but the rest just got bombs.

all star was designed to be the perfect commercial song tbqh

they licensed the damn thing to 1000s of ads and movies

Duh. These guys were cynical, but damned if Everything You Want and All Star didn't make their respective bands tons and tons more money than their earlier, uncommercial stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=nKT6OefrvQE

Vertical Horizon's first two albums were indie label and all acoustic songs. Again, completely unlike their later hits.

>be 25 year old man

>get peer pressured by children on Sup Forums to try to listen to "raw underground experimental" music

>it's all retard tier grunts, guitar riffs that sound like they're making the amps explode, and edgy dark lyrics

>listen to pop rock or pop punk

>mellow tunes and catchy lyrics that don't take themselves too seriously but talk about challenges we face every day

So, Sup Forums, when did you realize that it's really hip to be square and popular music is popular for a reason?

Old Goo Goo Dolls. Though actually they'd been around since the 80s.

youtube.com/watch?v=gUX8Tx0GFYE

Why did you have to mention that disgusting trash. He was the aging Anthony Faghipster of the olden days before vblogs.

they are probably grateful as the meme might get them a gig, a few record sales

I think the worst is Simple Plan who were literally a manufactured band with no indie label or underground past. They didn't sell out, they were never real to begin with.

Who cares if the music is good? I never understood why people become so enamoured with the band members and obsessively follow what happens in their lives or career. It's almost as if you listen to the music as a fast track to building up your own identity and then as soon as you can no longer project your ego onto the band members, they become lame and their music is shit.

Linkin Park always seemed pretty fake too desu.

IT AIN'T NO JOKE

IM JUST A KID AND LIFE IS A NIGHTMARE
>guy singing that was at least 24

They probably feel pretty good and wealthy. My sister went to a concert of theirs not too long ago and she said they mostly played the old hits like All Star

Didn't they yell at a guy who tried to throw bread at then?