This is "electronic music"? It sounds like fucking shit in a blender. Seriously what the fuck is this...

This is "electronic music"? It sounds like fucking shit in a blender. Seriously what the fuck is this? It's literally just random sounds thrown together.

fool

Are you going to discuss why this sounds like it doesnt have any structure at all or are you just going to sit back and insult me?

It's the culmination of decades of progression and development. Listen to Tri Rep for something more traditional. Or even Aphex Twin, he is a more accessible iteration of similar ideas.

ur a homo lol

Yeah I've listened to Tri Repetae, it doesn't sound as bad as this though. I could probably make the same music by throwing around random samples in FL Studio and synths too.

go listen to quaristice if you want something easy to listen to

>I could probably make the same music by throwing around random samples in FL Studio and synths too.
gonna take you up on this challenge bro! you got 30 minutes to make some kind of snippet or your opinion will be considered null and void

get to sampling you piece of shit

look, if you haven't invested 20+ years' worth of listening to their entire catalog as they developed and expanded their language, and then you're going to come here w/ this opinion, you don't deserve good replies

it's like complaining that chinese or italian or something doesn't make any sense because you tried to listen to it for a class or two or whatever

this shit makes perfect sense if you've been following AE and getting comfortable w/ their vocabulary

tl;dr you're t.embryo

you've been conditioned to think that structure = good and no structure = bad. tunnel vision is preventing you from being able to appreciate music beyond familiar melodies and structure

shame because there's a whole world of music out there that is structureless and can easily be enjoyed or appreciated in the same way one does with a stooges or smiths album

>I could probably make the same music
I would love to see you try.

So what you're saying is that if I don't know an artist well enough I'm not allowed to judge an album that they've recently made?

you are but it's not worth much

>It's literally just random sounds thrown together.
well actually.....

judge it however you want, but don't expect your judgement to be especially respected

if you don't have the proper framework to understand it, you're expecting your superficial opinion to be respected, which just isn't the case

not everything is immediately apparent in work, and you are not born with fully developed critical faculties. the fact you said you don't see structure in this work was my first hint that you're just not really engaged enough w/ this stuff on its own terms

exactly

pleb OP

Exai is their only good album.

I think you're severely underestimating the intricacies in rhythm and texture in a track like 0nset. Just because it's long and isn't catchy doesn't mean it isn't painstakingly crafted—I'd be shocked if a single bar repeats itself

M-M-M-MONSTER PLEB