Would Sup Forums agree with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaring_Twenties
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes those are all media I agree

some of these are good but the general vibe is pretty fedora

TV Show should be Arrested Dev
And album Sgt Pep

Pet Sounds is not the fucking magnum opus of music, and there is no single magnum opus of music.

Fucking hell I can't believe people actually think ocarina of time is the best game ever, it's not even close.

Watchmen is overrated. Something like Tezuka's Phoenix is much more appropriate.

Citizen Kane is sort of a baby's first choice compared to true kino but it fits well with the rest.

I think maybe The Wire over The Sopranos but it's whatever.

name yours you shut in neckbeard

>pet sounds as the pinnacle of music
>putting a pop record ahead of significant classical pieces
just end it you fucking redditor

It's not "music", it's "album".

heres a better list

It's not even the pinnacle of popular music.

well you're still fuxking retarded for limiting the category to commercial music

Replace Ulysses with Infinite Jest
Replace Watchmen with Maus
Replace Citizen Kane with Mr. Popper's Penguins
Replace The Sopranos with The Wire
Replace Pet Sounds with Abbey Road
Replace OOT with Metal Gear Solid

>the album that was inspired by the GAOAT is still considered better by people
Look, I love Sgt. Peppers.
But without Pet Sounds, there would be no Sgt. Peppers.
Also
>Rolling Stone shill

looks like a struck a nerve there
don't worry, I'm sure the zelda reddit loves oot too

Switch out Watchmen for Sandman

Switch out OOT for Deus Ex

Switch out The Sopranos for The Wire

ocarina of time fucking sucks

my answer would be mother 3

>Thinking the Beatles are the pinnacle of commercial music

James Joyce is overrated. I can't get into muh stream of consciousness. I know elitist bigwigs prefer the Russian masters, but honestly I think Mark motherfucking Twain is the GOAT author.Not really familiar with Watchmen. Might have to torrent those comics. Citizen Kane is a really good film barring the Rosebud meme. Sopranos was a shitty show that relied heavily on tropes. Pet Sounds is objectively inferior to Sgt. Pepper. Ocarina of Time can't be the best video game ever when San Andreas, Street Fighter II, Super Metroid and Resident Evil 4 exist, not to mention Doom II

Decent music representation (even if it is a little heavy on pop). That game section is terrible though.

why does that poster of the wire make it look like a buddy cop comedy starring mcnulty and kima

The pretty much invented music as we know it so I don't know what you're going on about.

You're probably just too young to realize.

Pretty sure Brian Wilson did it first, kiddo

>Sopranos
>Greatest achievement

Stupid Beatles clone for gay surfers

looks like you didn't name yours

abandoning thread dont respond

That's a very baby-boomer thing to say. Popular music didn't start with the album.

Oh yeah, totally.
You forgot Pet Sounds is the reason for their direction they began to take with Peppers, didn't you?

i dont think i could agree to that

Prove it

Pretty much all promotional material for The Wire sucked. Have you seen the trailer? I can't find it now but it's basically just every gun shot in season 1 strung together cause this is a BANG BANG SHOT BAD GUYS show.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaring_Twenties

Just came here to say that I like some Tezuka's works more than Watchmen too. IDK if they're as "smart" but they do play on the medium even more than Watchmen, and are more touching.

>Babby's First Taste in Media

would Tim and Eric be a valid addition to television?

>film and television together
the only tv show on there that should be grouped with those films is twin peaks

Replace Ys with Daydream Nation

>LSD Dream Emulator
yes good

Popular music started with the Beatles, sweetie uwu

Twain would be the GOAT if he could learn how to write an ending. The only case where it was out of his will was The Mysterious Stranger, and that's cause he died.

Also, if any Shakespeare is to be added, the correct answer is King Lear. Dunno where the meme that Hamlet is GOAT started, but it ain't got shit on Lear.

Add in Paradise Lost, Goethe's Faust, and Beowulf too.

OoT a shit

>ocarina of time

not even top 3 in its series

should be mario 64 Tbh

change the greek book to something like the Martian and it would be a good chart

i think it's unfair to compare video games to other art forms
like, i play video games as much as the next guy, but they're in sort of an uncanny valley as far as critical judgement goes
it's obvious that artistic vision is there, but stacking a game like Ocarina of Time against something like Pet Sounds or Kind of Blue is just nonsense

>greek book

are you fucking kidding me

I mean, how do you think you could sell a grimy tv series about gangsters and cops who never shoot without a soundtrack whatsoever?

>not even top 3 in its series
Now THIS is contrarian.

This is the only "greatest achievements in x" chart I can tolerate.

You should be ashamed of yourself op

Hitchhiker's guide instead of Ulysses and it would literally be Reddit: the "taste"

Right, if it was Greek it would be called "Odysseus." So it must have been written in Latin.

>Comics
>Videogames
>Sopranos

Did a normie make that list.

This is okay apart from the game section.

Literally every 3D Zelda since improved on the engine and formula. The only thing Ocarina of Time has is that it did it first.

Games in general are way too commercial and focus tested. There are a few visionaries, and the indie format allow for more personal works, but mostly it's just like top 40 and hollywood.

holy shit the lit/video game categories could not be more pleb

>Aceyalone, Oneohtrix Point Never, Big Black and the like
>"Greatest human artistic achievements"

I mean I like most of the stuff on this thing but that's hyperbole if I ever saw it

Is this more agreeable?

nigga...

Not in the slightest.

>sily
>illmatic
>tmr
>loveless
>atomizer
don't make me laugh

Fucking pleb list desu.

>Don Quixote
>Who the fuck cares.jpeg (Golden Boy desu)
>Stalker
>The Wire
>The VU&N
>Who the fuck cares.jpeg (dota desu)

Video game section is shit. Just Nintendo and Redditcore. Needs more Sega, Hudson, SNK, etc.

Be gone you turbo pleb this is the best possible chart.

For anyone unfortunate enough not to know all these masterpieces of their respective mediums.

from Left to right

Samurai Flamenco for anime
Inhumanoids for cartoons
Woman in the dunes for film
The prisoner for tv
Metal Slug 3 for vidya
Sexy Voice & Robo for comics
Ice for lit
and Earth 2 for music

>greatest human artistic achievements
>firefly
>majora's mask
>neutral milk hotel
>the great gatsby

holy shit this is bad, i could go on but there's no point to dig through shit after getting a smell of it.

>Samurai Flamenco for anime

heres mine guys :-)

fyi, everyone participating in this thread seriously should kill themselves
there is no single objective way to gauge the value of art, nor it's impact. do not treat your opinions as fact.

Especially with music.

If you think there is one album better than all others, you have not listened to much music.

no

well, sopranos is correct at least

this is the most reddit list of all time and that is a fact

um

Book: Wool
Comic: Batman The Long Halloween
Film: The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
TV: Firefly
Album: De-Loused In The Comatorium
Videogame: Persona 4

reddit....

Reddit?

Popular music absolutely did not start with the Beatles. Big band, jazz and swing and the like were the first real forms of popular music. Pop can be defined, approximately, as music that can be commonly agreed upon as melodic and generally upbeat. As such, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Kingsman and Buddy Holly can all be defined as Pop Rock, they, and artists like them, are the start of rock and pop as now known (and therefore, the earliest of people to make music of that type is the technical start of pop) but, the definition will fit that of earlier music. Don't be a shitbox about where pop started.

I'm not big on tv and I couldn't get into Ulysses, but that's a good list OP.

reddit!!!

>not Inferno Cop for anime

Obviously it didn't start with Beatles. There's a whole genre called traditional pop.

This tells me nothing. Thanks for trying though, I'm sure it must've been difficult for someone of your limited intelligence.

I know this is a troll but it unsettles me to think there are really people like this

LMAO JACKSON FUCKING POLLACK

No OK Computer, needs OK Computer...actually there's no fucking Beatles, list is shit

What should go in the music section, Sup Forums? No pop music

Inferno Cop's in my top 5 anime tho, it was close to making it.

It's just what he likes? The entire thing is literally an opinion? Asshat.

>literature
Moby-Dick or Shakespeare's oeuvre if that counts

>Comic
i've only ready entry-level stuff like Watchmen and Fun Home

>Film
The Tree of Life

>tv show
Only tv show I've seen every episode for is Arrested Development

>music
Tristan und Isolde

>videogame
Dark Souls

yeah if i browsed reddit

Films and Tv arent art...
Can this meme stop?!

Oh man you told him.

6/10 bait albums give it away

If literature is art, then film is most definitely art, as it is simply literature acted out.

safest answers for each, but all are good. Congrats on being inoffensive

I'm saying they're the beginning of what is modernly thought of as pop. Just like WWI is the first real modern war, although America's Revolutionary War also had worldwide impact. There are instances of times where there is a sort of beginning before the beginning, if you will.

>Batman The Long Halloween
Good on first read, after that it really loses the charm.

Finnegans Wake > Ulysses

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen > Watchmen

The Magnificent Ambersons > Citizen Kane

Surf's Up > Pet Sounds

Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time

>taking the bait

And to add to what I just said, the Beatles weren't the first band of their kind anyway, there were people play music similar to theirs before they were playing that music.

>albums give it away

you mean every category