STGSTV

>STGSTV
>Person Pitch
>Sleep Cycle

When will Geologist write his masterpiece?

All shit

Huh.

One day, I hope

And I firmly believe that deak has even better things in store

wrong

hopefully with the next group album, PW was disappointing

Can someone, in detail, tell me what exactly Geologist does in Animal Collective?

He has the beard.

he provide sample i think

Geologist is the most involved with the samplers and sequencers.

To emphasize how important he is/can be, try to picture Strawberry Jam with just vocals, guitar, and drums. To get an idea of what he's capable of, listen to his half of New Psycho Actives.

He's the foundation for the band.

He takes things that were independently written by Avey Tare and Panda Bear and plays them at the same time.

It would sound like danse

avey and panda are autistic so he helps them interact with the outside world

lol

i think geologist would love to read this description. pretty much validates his existence

search some live shows from where he wasnt in the band
he kind of blends it all together
dont ask me how, soundscapes and shit

But this is Avey's masterpiece. Panda had a huge hand in the instrumentation and wrote / performed all the percussion on STGSTV

I was only being half-sarcastic with . It's actually pretty innovative so have someone who creates mashups of what other band members have created.

Noise. Roughly 75% of Danse Manatee was his doing.

He rocks.

i dont think panda did any instrumentation aside from the drums. avey told him what he wanted through beatboxing and shit so im pretty sure this album is all avey aside from the actual playing of the percussion,

The album was going to be an Avey solo, and Panda did direct Panda's drumming, but he was so impressed with the percussion that Avey credited it to Avey Tare and Panda Bear

He's the Ringo of Anco

im this guyand desu Panda's drumming is incredible on that album even if it was directed by avey. really solid performances. April and the Phantom especially

I meant to say Avey directed Panda's drumming

Yeah his drumming is great. On Chocolate Girl and Alvin Row as well

whats wrong with having an extra band member to play an instrument? not everyone can take initiative of the projects

if you want solo Geologist just listen to Philip Jeck you fucking plebes

the thing is is that he does
just listen to Danse and MPP, neither would be anywhere close to what they were without his massive influence

never heard of him, is he anything like Danse/Hollinndagain-era anco?

So it would be beautiful