So we agree this is their best album right?

So we agree this is their best album right?

We can't fucking agree on anything.

frig off

No, too many weaknesses. Best b sides though (inb4 that's amnesiac).

But house of cards is the only weak track on the album.

But I like house of cards

One of their best, though OK Computer is probably the real best, if we aren't being contrarian.

please use radiohead when making these kind of threads so my filter catches this. thank you

15 step and jigsaw as well, in my opinion. And I like jigsaw but that house of cards > jigsaw > videotape transition is weird and jarring.

I disagree with those songs being weak but I do agree the track listing is odd. I'd have gone:

Body snatchers
15 step
All I Need
House of Cards
Jigsaw Falling into Place
Nude
Faust Arp
Reckoner
weird fishes
Videotape

You could probably switch weird fishes and reckoner though.

Kid A is objectively their best.

Amnesiac and OK computer are also worth listening to.

In rainbows, the bends, and AMSP are full of weaknesses and impossible to listen all the way through without wanting to die but have a few nice songs.

Hail to the thief, plabo honey, and king of limbs are complete shit

has anybody found a band/artist with equally strong songwriting skills as RH but not one we've heard of a thousand times? could use some recs.

second best

That's actually a really good track list, better than the original.

Also what does everyone think of the alternative track list thom posted somewhere for HTTT? I'm considering using that one but I don't know if anyone else does

>the bends better than tkol and Httt

Wew lad.

Are you 12
The bends was groundbreaking at the time

The Beatles
The Smiths
The Beach Boys

>15 Step not the opener
>two mellow ballads in a row
>Jigsaw not the penultimate song

OG track list doesn't need tampering imo. On the topic of the OP I would put it just behind Kid A as their best. Really strong song writing and structures.

House of Cards is great, every song is great desu

>song about cucking
>great

yep
bodysnatchers is the best radiohead cut

just listened to it for the first time and it definitely moved me more than, say, AMSP did

tkol is their best imo

brit pop with keyboards

>fl studio drum presets are okay when thom does it

Liked All I Need, Nude and Videotape the most from IR. They have this slow, ambient feel to them.

>All I Need creates this mental imagery of insects crawling in the woods, dying and multiplying, but always going on and keeping the colony alive with their busy work, whetever it is carrying leaves, dirt or other insect corpses to their hive.
>Nude creates this mental imagery of being in the art class and drawing a beautiful young girl who poses as a nude model.
>Videotape creates this mental imagery of observing a really old and hazy black-and-white tape of a blonde girl making poses and cute, funny faces for the camera.

This kind of mental imageries are fucking bothering me, because I cannot connect to what Thom probably meant by these songs, and instead connect to these internalized messages.

ugh why trrips

Actually I'm gonna use this, I really like it, though I'd keep weird fishes after nude.

I personally don't, I find the original fine and Thom's cuts out three of my favourite songs. But there's no harm trying it and seeing if you like it.

Totally agree on HTTT. If there's anything I'd delete, it'll probably be pre There There, because that whole 6-song streak in the end is amazing for me and flows perfectly.

Actually for me just skipping We Suck Young Blood makes it already much more coherent and not seem so long. (Also don't like Go To Sleep that much)

>objectively
Dude, seriously.

you literally watched the music video and then pretended that this is what the music meant

We suck young blood is lowkey my favourite from HttT. Agreed on Go To Sleep though, but it's not awful or anything.

The Bends was vanilla Oasis.

The only people that think In Rainbows is their best album are the ones who were 13 when it came out and it was their first REAL MUSIC.

my first listen to IR was this year, i am 25. it is better than kid a, amnesiac, tkol - so in other words it is their best

Kid A>IR>OKC>HTTT>AMSP>A>TB>TKOL>PH

Don't get the HTTT hate at all

>not liking jigsaw

how is it about cucking

httt came out right after kida and amnesiac. although good, it relatively felt like a decline in quality.

same with tkol coming after ir

What ground did it break?

no one hates it, it just not catchy or sticky in any way. ive listened to it several times and i can only remember 2+2=5 and myxomatosis.

this happened bc they recorded in two weeks, in contrast with their long grueling editing and honing process. theyve said they kinda regret not spending more time with it. still great album

>my first listen to IR was this year
Then you haven't lived with it long enough to develop a more objective perspective on it

Factually incorrect

ok go on

Did you research it?

But jigsaw is the second best song on the album desu

That's really weird, I find it their catchiest album and I get songs from it stuck in my head all the time. Especially the gloaming, wolf at the door, myxomatosis, backdrifts and WIEAYB. I loved it right away.

Pablo honey was the best

Kid A > OK Computer > In Rainbows > Amnesiac > A Moon Shaped Pool > Hail to the Thief > The King of Limbs > The Bends > Pablo Honey

a wolf at the door is GOAT.

HTTT is so underrated. Sure it isn't as good as the usual answers for the best but Jesus its got sooo many great songs on it.

OKC > Kid A > The Bends > IR > Amnesiac > HTTT > AMSP > PH > TKOL

HTTT would be legit great if it was cut down to 10 songs.

There There, AWATD, WIEAYB and Punchup are some of the best songs they've ever done.

>this happened bc they recorded in two weeks, in contrast with their long grueling editing and honing process. theyve said they kinda regret not spending more time with it. still great album
Most of the studio sessions were done in two weeks, yes.

But that's ignoring the fact that all the songs were based around scraps/idea/outtakes from the Kid A and Amnesiac season, they spent months rehearsing the songs, then toured nearly the whole album in it's entirity live for months before recording them, then spend more studio time working on the stuff they tracked in that two week span.

All in all, they spent just as much time on this album as the others, mostly in pre-production. If they had dropped the two bleepbloop songs form the album, it would be their best release.

No, but it is.

Op here. Jokes on you. I was fifteen when it came out.