Why do women have such shit taste in music?

Why do women have such shit taste in music?

Literally every girl I know either likes anything that's in the charts, regardless of how shit it is, or just generic Indie nonsense.

Is there something about XX chromosomes that stops someone from developing taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/music/2008/feb/19/news1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hayley has pretty decent taste in music desu. She likes late 90s emo like Sunny Day Real Estate and Braid, and I've seen her post on twitter about Ida (slowcore band), and Kreator.

Individualism is more advantageous to men, who biologically have to set themselves apart to be appealing to women. Women don't have to do much other than be born the right way to appeal to men, and are concerned with protection of themselves and their offspring, which manifests in a higher desire for social cohesion and desire to do things that will benefit the group.
This is why I think women are less likely than men to desire music they don't think there will be the potential to bond with others over.

Yeah I was just posting Hayley because she was the first female musician that came to mind. I guess she's an exception because she's a musician and all that. I'm talking more about normie girls.

I like punk (especially noise rock and post-hardcore) and avant garde jazz, but I don't like girls who like this music. Girls who like punk tend to be really immature, edgy, and tryhard, without real career ambitions. Girls who like jazz tend to be stuffy and academic, without much passion. In other words, stiff. I'd take a girl who listens to bad pop music over my music any day - they're usually a lot more fun to be around.
The one genre I can relate to cool girls on is soul music.

+1

theguardian.com/music/2008/feb/19/news1

I kind of agree with link related. I think men are more nerdy and appreciate music better by comparing historical and musical aspects and importance, while woman appreciate music more from an emotional and social level within their own lives and friend groups. I'm a boy btw.

>has pretty decent taste in music desu. She likes late 90s emo like Sunny Day Real Estate and Braid

A woman In mu!
Fast! Everybody!
Make a wish!

Typical virgin worrying about other people's taste instead of his own

>implying guys have good taste

genuinely interesting idea

I was gonna post the "intradasting" Down Syndrome image, but when I Google Image'd it, it suddenly struck me as a really mean-spirited meme

Girls like lyrics. That's about it.
>This song understand me.
That kinda shit.

ITT:Virgins whine about girls taste in music . so they can feel better about themselves

Fat dyke lookin bitch detected.

still get more pussy than you faggot :)

If you learn more about sex differences and how they're informed by biology, I think you may come around to seeing it as "correct" and not just "interesting". There's always doubt in my mind when I'm expressing an opinion, but I'm like 90% confident that this is the case.
There are two books called "The Female Brain" and "The Male Brain" by Louann Brizendine that I remember seeming objective about this kinda thing, although it doesn't have to do with music.

Where? You do realize that that post is from a guy, right? Did you scramble to reply to his post after reading just the first 3 words? Please take more than 2 seconds when practicing reading comprehension, or at least aspire to be more than a mouth-breathing faggot troglodyte behind a keyboard.

Agreed. That's pretty much it.

Are you by any chance a 15 year old who just worked out that men and women are fundamentally different?

Yeah, I think I read somewhere saying that men are more interested in new and interesting sounds while women are more interested in lyrics and emotion.

>Being this much of a white knight faggot

Have fun pretending to like Rihanna and Rizzle Kicks even though the girl you're trying to impress will never fuck you :^)

Have you considered the fact that a lot of men like that stuff too, and that men that don't are generally harder to find, and that same principle might apply to women?

We can say now that is unfair to us that we have to eat all the underground shit to makes us look different to the rest.

I mean, the underground is not bad but we could lived happy in the blissful ignorance.

Stop it, you're making too much sense.

typical virgin thinking in black and white. I feel sorry for you :)

So many nu-male cucks in this thread.

maybe it's normies in general, and not just normie girls

>just generic Indie nonsense
Well there's your problem. You don't know what indie is.

Paramore is indie

> Paramore
> indie

> implying emo-pop-era scene kid pop-punk band with a qt teen pop singer is "indie" in any way

oh my fucking god this is retarded

does indie really even exist? like most bands that initially get called indie could definetly get categorized into a proper more descriptive of the sound genre

or am i talking shit, someone explain indie to someone who listens to it but feels they all ave more specific genres

>>>/reddit/ please :^)

Yes. It's categorized as having many different influences, not just rock, and is at least somewhat experimental in some way.

I always considered indie to be the midpoint between "rawk" and experimental rock. And indie bands are usually somewhere on that spectrum, usually of varying degrees.

indie is dead. only people who still claim it is alive are just trying to be special snowflakes to distant themselves from le mainstream

so mac demarco, suburban living are the same genre as the 1975?
this saddens me

i feel its way too much of a blanket term i dnt like it

impressive. very nice

Girls who like jazz are stuffy and girls who like punk are tryhard punks because girls like music that fits in with their subculture and style because of the reasons said. From my experience guys generally like the music that fits with their subculture or personal style, but they also like plenty of music outside of that. My group of friends is pretty typical Chad/bro types and theyre music tastes range from classic rock to jimmy buffet to surf rock to EDM to indie rock, with hip-hop as the major taste we all share. While girls I know all like the same pop, alternative, rap, or indie music as their friends.

wow calm your fedoras before it's too late

Why don't you like fedoras, user?

Pretty much this

>be more than a mouth-breathing faggot troglodyte behind a keyboard.

Unfortunately the Internet has taught me that most men are incapable of this.

Case in point: This thread.