He thinks vinyl sounds better than cd

>he thinks vinyl sounds better than cd

>he purchases cassette tapes

>vinyl rip

>he thinks it matters what format music is listened to through
>he thinks buying digital isn't worth it
>he doesn't have a job

But it does though.

Enjoy your shitty digital, over the top brickwalled music. Fucking casual.

>i like vinyl for the warmth and crackle

I've discovered during the last two years, since I can take CD-Rs home from the mastering plant, that there's an astonishing variation in quality between different CD plants. If you think digital is perfect, I have news for you. Many of us have been fooled by this myth that it's just 0s and 1s and therefore copies perfectly. It doesn't. The variations in quality are pretty wild, and random. Just the way you hook up a cable can make a difference. And there's no quality control in these CD plants, other than someone checking whether there's any level being transferred.

Most of us take it for granted that a CD is a CD, and we almost never discuss about varying standards of manufacture. I can't say too much about current US manufacturer's because I have few US made CDs. I have still detected a general shrillness to many US CDs ("let's tweek the high end to make them sound sharp to delude the general public that our CDs sound better than vinyl and tape"). Tweeking the high end also accentuated the hiss. After so many disappointments and revelations having heard import versions after getting US discs I have concentrated on acquiring import pressings.

As for maunfacturers themselves: on the import side I like the clarity of Nimbus UK but they can be hissier and lighter on low end than MPO France which produces well rounded sounding CDs. PDO have been fine except for the recent PDO UK disc rot problem. Sonopress in Germany are adequate. I used to shy away from DADC in Austria (Sony Europe uses them) but have realised that was a personal bias. Nimbus USA (Virginia) vary. Their reissues of the OMD catalogue were shoddy. DADC in Indiana (Sony/Columbia) are so so.

>download 24 bit vinyl rip
>it was ripped awfully with a lp-60
>sound is very thin constant crackles
>mfw

>extremely noisy vinyl rip

>analog sounds better

>listens to vinyl for more than just the pussy.

It's quite impressive marketing managed to get underage faggots to buy overpriced vinyl in order to believe they are smarter or more "into" music than people who buy cheaper more practical forms of music.

Can be better than CD if the vinyl mix was better

I've read this post before, verbatim. Is it copypasta?

A lot of records are unfortunately sourced straight from the CD, in which case your point is valid, and people are paying for the novelty with zero increase to sound quality. But plenty of labels master vinyl separately and there are indeed audible benefits over CDs. Assuming you're not playing them on a $60 Crosley turntable you scooped up from Urban Outfitters, anyway.

>expensive record only came out on vinyl and there's no high quality rips of it online

evergreen why

If mosh pits were where you and your friends get into the hug position and tapped out the songs onto each others backs people would like them more.

>he uses .flac

>flacc

Stop.

t. Jesus.

this pic really unsettles me

>it can be better than CD if it's a different song

>thinks vinyl is better than music

>paid for music sounds better

It all comes down to preference, but vinyl really only sounds better if you have a good setup. I probably buy an equal amount of CD/vinyl

>he doesn't think vinyl sounds better than cd