Is it possible to make a living making drone and/or noise, dark ambient music?

Is it possible to make a living making drone and/or noise, dark ambient music?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1B5polmjrgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol no

no it is not
even vaguely popular musicians in salable genres often work day jobs

It feels weird to me to think that there are Power Electronics musicians who work in Tesco or somewhere. I couldn't imagine Bizarre Uproar doing anything but make Noise music. Do you reckon their colleagues know or if they try their hardest to keep it a secret, lest it make them a social leper amongst normal folk?

not unless you're japanese and have a cult following

I would "make a living" with her if you know what i mean

lol nah fuck harsh noise

>Power Electronics musicians who work in Tesco
Most people I know that make music also work day jobs. I usually let slip that I make music whenever I'm talking to people at work. I'm planning to have a jam with a couple of colleagues too

>tfw the view is prettier than the girl

I work in Pizza Hut & produce dark ambient.
There is very little chance of me living off of either.

I make drone/ambient music but have a good normie job in the daytime

Face is decent
Body is tight
I bet her ass is nice

That view too = 100

If you're Japanese, yes. Otomo Yoshihide, Keiji Haino, Grim, etc. make a living off of nothing but weird music.

If you're a Westerner, most certainly not.

thts still like 3 out of 126,000,000 japanese ppl, the odds are not really good for any genre or niche or whatever. I know we like to think people are really dumb but the easily amused but they also have short attention spans and the rest of us can smell authenticity and then the rest of us have to face the fact an artist can "put on a good show" a band that has a well rehearsed and original hour to two hour long set will be much more sucessful

are you crazy
even Incapacitants members worked in a bank for the longest time

Even if you're really, really good, no.
I'm not that at all, I'm only decent. I've made a grand total of $50 in a bit less than half a year my music has been for sale.

One of my favorite emo singers (formerly in an entry-level emo band) just graduated law school, so..

>become noise/drone musician
>gain following
>release short run albums
>sell them on discogs for lodsamoney
>profit

i rape her

If you have some niche gimmick or genuinely groundbreaking work in that genre then yes

I'm really interested in this as I've started fiddling with dark ambient ideas.
I'll post what I just made (not fully finished) if there's interest.

This is exactly what Merzbow does when he isn't picketing meat establishments.

that girl's bod is rockin tho

by itself? fuck no
even if you have an amazing look, fuck no
people who do that shit either have proper jobs or live on a hippe commune or something

;)

Yes, if you're dedicated

Dominick Fernow has had his label since age 16 and doesn't need to do anything else because he dedicated twenty years to producing, performing, keeping contacts, selling expensive home made cassettes. His label has over 400 releases.

I'm I'm just gonna say fuck it and post the song.
Give me your criticisms if you care.
Enjoy my attempt at some moderately spooky dark ambient vocaroo.com/i/s1B5polmjrgo

I dig this a lot bro. Only thing I would do differently is let the static at the end drone on a bit longer, like 30 seconds to a minute probably. I thought the atmosphere was really nice too