Post very highly rated albums you just didn't like at all

post very highly rated albums you just didn't like at all

ayo ur fucken mom lmfao

literally the best rock album of 80s. why didnt you like it?

you didn't like ANY songs? not even HEY JONI

you might be a plebneck

Every Death Grips album, I'm being serious I just don't get the hype

it's a meme i'm sure... i don't think people would buy hundreds of dollars worth of tickets to actually see them unironically it's all a contrarian mindset

I like Talking heads other stuff but never liked this one. Instrumentation feels boring and not very creative. I feel like this album is only highly rated because Brian eno decided to stick his dick in a fuckin tape reel
Yeah I second this. Daydream Nation is a straight fuckin 10 imo. I could see why someone would think it's not a ten, but to not like it at all?

same, overrated trash

It always upsets me to hate this album because the art is simply majestic. Same thing happened to me with the latest Death Grips.

Such a shame.

The only people who don't like TVU&N are newfags so that makes sense that you don't like it, newtrip.

I've never heard an obvious newfag say they hate this.

If anything, I get that from contrarian "patrish" oldfags.

he's clearly a newfag since he's using a trip and it's an edgy Nirvana reference

Been posting on user since 2010, but that got boring so I made this trip 6 months ago.

what's your last.fm

I'm trying to get it, hopefully it clicks soon

same
I mean I don't hate it but I find it pretty mediocre

Sister is a better album, honestly. Start with that, but delete Master-Dik as it's basically like Trilogy Z, except a bonus track that ruins the end of the album but is included in every digital release of the album.

I love Sonic Youth, I was talking about Pet Sounds

highly rate by who exactly?

>I feel like this album is only highly rated because Brian eno decided to stick his dick in a fuckin tape reel

Must disagree faggot Death Grips in here to ear rape you into oblivion get over it

>faggot

You're entitled to your opinion, but I strongly urge you to reconsider

get the fuck out nigger

Surely you don't really think that

ultra pleb

i don't know that sister is a better album, but i do like it more.

Literally my second favorite album, shit blew me away on first listen.

me

Every Kanye album
Every Carly Rae Jepsen album
Every Beyonce album

i like dis how come no one notice ur hard work ? well i did so i hope i made your day :D

>Unlistenable tier

Wu-tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers)

>Absolute garbage tier

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Portishead - Dummy

>Garbage tier

The Beatles - Rubber Soul
The Beatles - Revolver
Miles Davis- Kind of Blue
Genius/GZA - Liquid Swords
Nas - Illmatic
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush
Neil Young - On the Beach
The Zombies - Odyssey and Oracle

>Bad tier

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
David Bowie- Hunky Dory
David Bowie - Low
The Cure - Disintegration
Godspeed You Black Emperor! - F#A#infinity
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced
Joy Division - Closer
Love - Forever Changes
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Sigur Ros - Agaetis byrjun
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
Talking Heads - Remain in Light
Television - Marquee Moon
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground (not with Nico, the 1969 one)

You just don't like singer-songwriter, dadrock, hip-hop, goth rock, post-punk and post-rock.

you have the worst taste i've seen this year. drink bleach and end your life faggot

>Wu-Tang unlistenable
>Kanye not even on the fucking list

oh come on

Enjoyed it very much on LSD, didn't like it sober.

kek'd

>Dadrock

Actually, I think that Led Zeppelin's debut and fourth albums are quite excellent. I even think that Electric Ladyland is a fantastic album. These would definitely be considered dad-rock.

>Singer-songwriter

I enjoyed Blonde on Blonde, and Highway 61 Revisited is up to snuff as well. I also think that Nick Drake is okay.

>Hip-hop

I do not think that the genre is as good as some other genres but I thought that Endtroducing and Madvillainy were quite competent albums.

>Goth rock

This one is probably correct as of now, but I haven't listened to much goth rock so I won't judge the genre.

>Post-punk

Perhaps correct as of now, although "post-punk" is one of the most ambiguous genres. Double Nickels on the Dime, an excellent album, is sometimes classified as punk and sometimes classified as post-punk.

>Post-rock

I rather enjoy Talk Talk's two most acclaimed albums, and one of my all-time favorite albums is Spiderland, often categorized as post-rock.

Faust - s/t
Velvet Underground - TVU&N

While I don't hate it, I still don't get the appeal of Loveless despite enjoying other shoegaze bands. I guess I just don't like the noisier parts of the genre.

Kanye doesn't appear on the list because I was perusing the top 100 on RYM in an attempt to stay within the confines of "very highly rated" in as objective a way as possible.

MBDTF would have definitely made my list if I would have used more informal criteria.

These, except I sort of like some of Kanye's stuff.

>Wu-tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers)
>unlistenable

kys

I agree with this

>Wu-tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers)
i'll fuckin
i'll fuckin

nah man, you either like very niche music or you think you're way too special

This album is so retarded and underwhelming. Fuck Sup Forums for turning such a mediocre release into a meme. Even On Avery Island is better.

You guys have defective ears or what?

Like BLAOW

top pleb

actually kill yourself if this isn't bait

>mediocre release
besides a few detractors its almost universally loved on Sup Forums and pretty much every other music discussion "community"

do you understand the idea behind this thread?

Listen to it while reading the lyrics.

I don't think it's all that impressive.

>didn;t like 36 chambers at all
>didnt like rubber soul at all
>DIDNT LIKE REVOLVER AT ALL
>DIDNT LIKE LIQUID SWORDS AT ALL
>DIDN'T LIKE ILLMATIC AT ALL
>didn't like Odyssey and Oracle at all
>Didn't like pet sounds at all
>didn't like sgt pepers at all
>DIDN'T LIKE THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE AT ALL
you just don't like catchy music well-grounded music I guess. is Ween like you're least favorite band?

>albums I didn't like at all
>calling it mediocre
I don't care for radiohead at all but I don't call their releases "mediocre" because I have some fucking self-awareness

there's no objective metric to define mediocrity. if I think it's mediocre, it's mediocre.

>its my opinion
>fuck Sup Forums for turning such a mediocre release into a meme
you seem to treat your opinion as an objective fact only a few posts ago

it's an 'objective fact' that I find it mediocre
it's an 'objective fact' that Sup Forums memed an album I find mediocre
google "subjectivity"

I think he means that there is no objective standard for musical quality, only many subjective standards, which is actually true.

>Dark Side of The Moon
scratch that
>Anything Pink Floyd
>Kanye West

I really want to like Pink Floyd, I just can't bring myself to it. Few catchy songs here and there, I love the instrumentals, and the talent, but still can't bear it. Never understood Kanye hype, everyone I met who likes him are dense cunts.

i've never seen someone get so triggered

You're still saying "I hate Sup Forums because they like an album I don't"
forgive me for thinking your opinion went beyond "I hate opinions that are different than mine" rather than having some sort of actual criticism of the album

Some of the worst opinions I’ve ever seen expressed on Sup Forums and possibly the internet as a whole

great post you have there ;)

Did you read his post? You criticized Sup Forums in a way that implied that ITOATS shouldn't be memed because its inferior to....your opinion? see that doesn't make sense at all.

haha what the fuck

Sonic Youth is the Stanley Kubrick of rock. Over rated and undeserving of the acclaim. Kubrick is a hack and should have simply been a DP. Sonic Youth makes "deliberately" bad music.

it tries to be experimental (?) but it's just not and then it forgets to be rock music so it just ends up being nothing really

other radiohead albums are at least honest with their triviality

It's okay-ish, nothing standout. I am surprised it has become such a meme as well.

How is it moving

>Fuck Sup Forums for turning such a mediocre release into a meme.

Nigguh, that album has acclaim from every music community and outlet. It was meme'd before Sup Forums was a thing.

meme magic

Same, I used to love Pink Floyd when I was growing up, but now I feel like their music is incredibly tedious. Still amazing songwriters and musicians tho.

Kanye is legitimately bad.

>hip hop kids who think that his mediocre 'instrumentals' are impressive

I like you