Has anybody else reached the point where music stops being exciting/impressive and you just listen to it because you've...

Has anybody else reached the point where music stops being exciting/impressive and you just listen to it because you've been doing it for such a long time?

How i felt about a year ago, i was just listening to RATM entire discography over and over again in chronological order for about 4 months. Finally managed to claw myself back into actual enjoyment.

dumb frogposter

I don't care about being "excited" or "impressed" like some uncultured, philistian pedestrian. Music provides an appeal that I can't get anywhere else.

Yeah, I've gotten to a point where I'm more focused on appreciating things on a technical/historical level, and the emotional connection gets lost. Every once in a while I come across things that make me feel but it's rare.

this

No. You should listen to actually good musicians, or try to find a genre that makes you go "das it mane" a lot.

nah i enjoy music, dont think ill ever stop enjoying it you dumb frog

listening to music for sheer emotion is for plebs

you should strive to have transcendental spiritual experiences

are you a 15 year old girl or something?

You only notice this kind of burnout with listeners of popular music.

Music is my life

it´s definetly not easy to impress me coz i´ve heard a lot of shit

A "spiritual experience" IS an emotional connection, you nog.

no, because i'm always moving forward you dip always listening to new music

i've stopped looking for music to make me feel and started looking for music that takes me places

starting to get into the music of new orleans now

this

i mostly just put music on to fill the silence or to make me feel better about feeling terrible all of the time

music is the only thing that stops the voices

I sometimes feel that way about rock music in general

yes

This legitimately makes me wonder what kind of doodoo you're listening to. Branch out.

nigger, I didn't say i don't listen to new music, i said it fails to impress me