Reminder that if this isn't your top rock album of all time then you don't know shit about rock music

Reminder that if this isn't your top rock album of all time then you don't know shit about rock music

Jokes on you, it is one of my 10/10 ;^)

who cares its shit & theyre dead

>John Cale is dead
Confirmed to not know anything about rock music.

>i know about rock music
>trust me i browse and read internet sites

Reminder that influence doesn't denote quality or enjoyment.

And that Dylan is more influential than TVU, seeing as TVU was influenced by Dylan.

WHAT A CLON

who

Reminder that TVU is better than Dylan.

dylans good music

kek

You disagree? Dylan was fucking awful at writing music, especially compared to Reed & Cale. Dylan was good at just writing boring background music for his warbling lyrics.

>tfw saw john cale live before he dies
>tfw he played i'm waiting for my man and pablo picasso by the modern lovers
best feel

>he hasn't grown out of rock ''music''

And yet Dylan's "warbling lyrics" were good enough that they still blow anything by Cale or Reed out of the water.

The Doors is better

Newsflash kid

Lyrics aren't music

the real genius of the band

And that affects the quality of songs (which are by definition a combination of lyrics and music) and albums how?

Nobody cares how good his lyrics are, the music was shit.

>Nobody cares how good his lyrics are
Which is why he's the second most covered artist of all time, the musician quoted the most in courtrooms, bookcases worth of biographies and studies have been written by him, he's one of the best selling artists of all time and any Reed biography would tell you he started as a Dylan wannabe?

Well of course idiots who don't care about music like Bob Dylan.

I'm talking about people actually passionate about music.

So you're telling me Reed was an idiot? He even performed at the 30th anniversary concert for Dylan.

>which are by definition a combination of lyrics

Actually if I may add, lyrics is the lowest form of artistic expression and artists can express. Its simple, its easy, it does not take any effort at all compared to lets say playing an instrument. Lyrics is just finding words, context and rhyming, that's it, whats so hard about it?

Which is why you see so many people writing poetry the caliber of say, Whitman or Cohen, right?

Right me something as good as Desolation Row right now then, if it's just finding words, context and rhyming them. Hell, I'll make it easier for you. Right something as moving as Candy Says. It's simply, it's easy, show me how simple and easy it really is.

*write

fuck I'm tired.

Reminder that rock "music" is worthless compared to classical and jazz and you don't know shit about music in general if you think rock is good.

Reminder if this is your top album you mainly just like edgy music

There's a reason that TVU and Loaded don't match their first two.

>this much insecurity about music taste

What about Zappa? He considered Subterranean Homesick Blues the biggest influence on him in terms of being able to make "serious" rock music.

Goodness your post is strong with autism. You do know those lyrics are backed with instrumental plays right? And the technique of playing an instrument itself is much harder than storytelling from a bunch of words Dylan put together. Have you ever play an instrument or perform in an orchestra? Using Western classical as an example, excluding operas, tell me how the the music itself isn't moving and gives the audiences emotions as expected from the composers, but I guess you're the type that gets moved by words themselves, reminds me of those who picks up the lyrics sheet of said song rather than slowly learning to play that song with whatever instrument. I bet you attend those folk or punk show that have 'meaningful' lyrics, bunch of talentless fucks, just like you.

Lady Godiva's Operation is the best VU song.

This album is a bit better

well, mine's Blonde On Blonde which is equally good I think.
Cale and Reed certainly didn't think that, as TVU&N wouldn't exist without Dylan. Reed wasn't exactly a great songwriter either, Cale wrote pretty much everything.

>You do know those lyrics are backed with instrumental plays right?
And they stand up perfectly fine on paper so it's a moot point. You're the one claiming that it's an easy process. All I'm asking you to do is put your money where your mouth is.
>And the technique of playing an instrument itself is much harder than storytelling from a bunch of words Dylan put together.
Then do it. Right now. Dylan wrote Blowin' in the Wind in ten minutes to a melody of a well-known folk song (No More Auction Block). If it's so easy pick a folk song of your choosing and write a set of lyrics as good as Blowin' in the Wind. Post a vocaroo when you're done.
>Have you ever play an instrument or perform in an orchestra?
Been playing guitar, harmonica, piano, banjo and singing for over half a decade.
>Using Western classical as an example, excluding operas, tell me how the the music itself isn't moving and gives the audiences emotions as expected from the composers,
I never said or implied that music wasn't emotionally moving. You're reading things that aren't there. I will say (and say it as loudly as I can while writing it) that the average Dylan set of lyrics are far more moving to me than the average piece of music on a VU album. If we were talking about Dylan compared to, say, Nico's solo albums I'd be singing a different song.
>I bet you attend those folk or punk show that have 'meaningful' lyrics, bunch of talentless fucks, just like you.
I've attended more jazz concerts with my concert buddy than anything, but good on you for making assumptions. I've never been to a punk show in fact.

>mfw i saw john cale during the world championship in germany and he wore a punk hair cut with the german national colours on it
>also played venus in furs

i still have his sweat towel he gav to me

Guess it wasn't so easy after all.

kek

Aaron this isn't your personal blog.

That's not rock, that's pop cashing in on the psychedelic rock craze that was happening in a different country.

posting superior velvet underground

reminder that you can drone off scaruffi and other opinions all you want but you'll still have the music knowledge of a top 40 listener

That's not Raw Power by Iggy and The Stooges.

I'm listening to this now. Are you fucking serious? This shit is nothing extraordinary. Back in '67 if anyone said this was a great album they would have been laughed at for eternity.

Your favorite album isn't that good.

Fuck you kiddo you don't shit

>implying is bad knowing nothing about rock music

A
FUCKING
BANANA

>rock

it's outsider pop music, genius.
that is literally the entire appeal of VU. They whole-heartedly believed they were making pop music with maybe a slight arthouse bent. Cale was an avant-teen, but his arrangements were there to add character to Lou's pop songwriting.

>he doesn't know what makes defines rock music

PROTIP: if it don't got blazin' hot guitar solos, then it ain't rock music.

>in b4 muh ah-whamma lamma lamma 50s r'n'r

>implying rock music isn't better than minorities talking over repetitive machine sounds and loud repetitive machine sounds, respectively

here you are

Save it, it's all yours my sweet-natured friend!

I dunno if it's "better" but Sister Ray single handedly puts their first album to shame

spiderland is the only thing close to it

Reminder that this isn't Scaruffi's top rated album

its called rock music, not rock literature newfag

inside is yellow :)

DUDE DING DONG LMAO

late spring

Good one

But rock music usually takes the form of a song?

>being this much of a pedantic faggot

I think that they're talking about jazz, classical, and avant-garde.

all cuck shit, take the red-pill

The Sup Forums + Sup Forums filth summer invasion has been in full force the last two weeks or so

This place will be worse than Sup Forums in months if mods don't step p.

*is

You paid to see a guy with flashy hair play one note on an electric viola for two hours?

idk if you've realized this yet but rock music is 100% about ding dongs

all the people shitting on rock music itt mainly listen to hip hop and radio pop