Music for a house party

Alright Sup Forumssicians so my friend asked me to make a playlist for a party at his place next week I said sure.

I need some suggestions for some good edm that anybody can listen to and not think it's alright.

>I will not play Animal Collective

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r8EdtrQkwRg
youtube.com/watch?v=kSIzOTWcSlM
youtube.com/watch?v=17LQRXXrWjY
youtube.com/watch?v=UXIeSed4hjk
youtube.com/watch?v=0JvZsPN6lYo
youtube.com/watch?v=O3c4dPxN1qM
youtube.com/watch?v=AewNd29wRUM
youtube.com/watch?v=1jre6_FBBc0
youtube.com/watch?v=a52Ul2AM92c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ybo4QvKVHoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you really want mu to suggest music for a house party? They'll just tell you to put on Bjork or Weezer or some shit like that.

You said they

What would you recommend? At the moment I just have a bunch of French House.

Yeah, I'm always reluctant to include myself as a member here lol

When I'm at a house party I usually just like dancing to pop music. High energy hip hop can be fun too. It really depends on the crowd and the type of party it is. I like Sophie and some PC music too.

Panda Bear - The Preakness

I guess there are just regular normies that aren't really interested in music beyond "casual" stuff. For Christs sake

youtu.be/r8EdtrQkwRg

Daft Punk
De La Soul
Primal Scream
The Strokes

what's wrong with Panda Bear

I listen to a lot of different music, but a house party has to cater to a lot of different people, many of whom just see music as something in the background. It's usually just big pop songs that I've seen make me and other girls go nuts.

You gotta play Live at Dominoes and Electricity

trust me, even normies will dig it

This is more or less what my 'normie' playlist has been like for the last few months. I've played it at home parties (including for >girls) and at a nightclub, and people have enjoyed it.

>Death Grips
>normie

What are you doing my man? How have people reacted in general?

Cheesy 80's pop.

Honestly, just get one of those "Best of the 80's". I guarantee that it's going to work

This is a huge help - thanks a lot my dude

n-nothing user

Carly Rae Jepsen discography

I told you, people like it. Hacker and Footage are great bangers and will make people dance (in the right context, at least, people had a blast when I played it at a nightclub). Some tracks really shouldn't be there, it's in need of some going over. The Rise Against tracks for example haven't been so well received at all times.

i just posted the same exact thread nigga how did u read my mind

Yeah, Rise Against were the ones that made me kind of cringe. Those and the Offspring song used to be on every house party playlist when I was a senior in high school.

Call me Maybe always makes me scream with excitement.

Yep, same. That's really why they're there - a lot of people will want to hear stuff that's gonna make them feel nostalgic. Many of the Swedish songs in particular are that kind of music. It's a good idea to mix nostalgiamusic with modern (2015-2016) stuff.

I'm not reccing any shitty edm, so here are some songs for dancing if the people at your party are cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=kSIzOTWcSlM
youtube.com/watch?v=17LQRXXrWjY
youtube.com/watch?v=UXIeSed4hjk

pretty much anything else by these artists as well.

Yeah, no, I totally get it. When I used to go clubbing with my girlfriends we were in love with party rock anthem. If I hear it now it's like, half cringe, half nostalgia. A lot of alcohol was involved lol.

I guess

youtube.com/watch?v=0JvZsPN6lYo

Du skulle inte rĂ¥ka vara svensk eller?

nvm am retard didn't read below replies.

Chrome Sparks or Haywyre

Mac Demarco

If it's normie music you're after then try these:
youtube.com/watch?v=O3c4dPxN1qM
youtube.com/watch?v=AewNd29wRUM
youtube.com/watch?v=1jre6_FBBc0
youtube.com/watch?v=a52Ul2AM92c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ybo4QvKVHoE

these are good songs if you want to scare the shit out of normies

daft punk

Girl Talk

Literally ANYTHING by Crystal Castles
Alice Practice and Baptism are really good ones to play though

I'll post the list in a couple of hours- I threw in some of the suggestions more daft punk and some die antwoord.

Also even more french house- Justice, kavinsky and phoenix

Digitalism

HOME

It's chill and a e s t h e t i c

Would it be autismal to play Shpongle?

the only one who nailed it.

Basically any IDM will work, provided it's not too inaccessible or minimal (Autechre, for example)
Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, u-Ziq, Plaid, BoC, Future Sound of London, etc.

Don't play Windowlicker even tho it hit #16 on the UK singles chart. American 'EDM' is leagues behind and they don't get it.
I guess that specific advice was unsolicited.

Haha it's funny we posted about the same time but we are diametrically opposed. Anyway, wonky rhythms are not the tits to the norm dude. I love playing that stuff when me and my friends get together tho...

yes, unless literally everyone at the party is on shitloads of acid

neutral milk hotel
The microphones

Damn, I would dance to them, even sober, but I guess thats why I don't have anyone to dance with.