Is Led Zeppelin overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBzuYNK95sM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

probably but john bonham was really good

A little.

a little, but not as much as Queen or Pink Floyd or other dad rock bands

yeah but still a fantastic band. one of my all time favs

Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti are actually good, but Sup Forums will never recognize that cause Led Zeppelin is literally the epitome of dadrock.

I've been meaning to get into Led Zeppelin for an extremely long time.

Which Zep album is best Zep album?

Listen to all of their first 6 albums and decide for yourself.

Uhhh no...

They're just as overrated.

Yeah, but their overrattedness among rock criticism doesn't bother me, what does is how lewronggenerationers act like they were so much better or deeper than today's music just because they made Stairway to Heaven, when most of their lyrics were made up of the same uninspired blues clichés.

I think that is actually the most popular opinion on Sup Forums. I've definitely seen it expressed many many times.

Yeah, and half of those times were probably me.

You might as well just start with their first, since it's their best.

Just be ready for the absolute epitome of dadrock/cockrock though. It's alright stuff, but it does get old pretty quickly imo.

I dont think its fair to call them overrated. They are not the best band ever, but no one ever said that they were. They are regarded as being a highly influential band that changed rock and were pretty much the origin of metal, which is what they are. Not every album is perfect, but their highest highs, like IV, have stood the test of time as some of the best rock music ever made.

Stairway to heaven is also objectively the greatest song of all time

>but no one ever said that they were
When was the last time you went outside?

>Stairway to heaven is also objectively the greatest song of all time
Not even in the top 25 Zeppelin songs.

Over-rated among middle-schoolers but under-rated on Sup Forums

QotSA is definitely better

why do grills like led zeppelin?

I haven't heard Stairway to Heaven since 2004.

I guess if you avoid rock stations you don't really hear them.

Great cover band.

damn

kek

completely

I still like them though

Listen to IV all the way through. This is a "do you even like this band" test. After that, listen to the other five of their first six albums. The stuff they did after that isn't as highly regarded.

I never got why they are so good. A couple of my friends love the band and say they're the greatest of all time. They were very talented but I don't usually get excited with hard rock/blues rock/woah-sick-guitar-solos

Queen & Pink Floyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aerosmith >>>> Led Zeppelin

I forgot to mention that Houses of the Holy is the best Zep album. III is highly underrated though IMO

Listen to the drums.

>Aerosmith

Does he know that he's a walking meme now?

Floyd > Zeppelin >>>>>>>>>>>> Queen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (forever) > Aerosmith

People literally Rep those albums daily and get responses

There are people who genuinely believe that "Stairway" was their best or even only ballad.

youtube.com/watch?v=DBzuYNK95sM

Queen sucks

This

easily best member. Plant stunk the shit up.

music thieves

pink floyd is better than led zeppelin