I'm going hiking with a grill on thursday and we're both going to be candyflipping...

I'm going hiking with a grill on thursday and we're both going to be candyflipping. I'm trying to make a good playlist for it but most of the music I listen to is pretty aggressive (thanks Sup Forums) so I wondering if you guys had any good recs for chill/trippy music? Just as a general list off the top of my head, I'm going for stuff like:
>Bowie
>Pink Floyd
>Beatles
>Chance (acidrap)
>The Grateful Dead
>Radiohead
>Rolling Stones
>Allman Brothers Band
>Rush
>King Crimson
>Daft Punk
>Spiritualized
As you can see, right now I only have a ton of basic shit so any less common music you've had a positive experience with would be much appreciated! Also just general tripping stories/advice thread

tl;dr I'm going on a trip with a girl and would love some recommendations for a dank experience

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1jaRA6nGyUg
youtube.com/watch?v=NmB5pp0q36Q
youtube.com/watch?v=acF5c0DUWH8
youtube.com/watch?v=pHuoYAYhu10
youtube.com/watch?v=_TnNb3cBzuE&spfreload=5
youtube.com/watch?v=-i0Nbkl95c4
youtube.com/watch?v=OGfjZIlL0iw
youtube.com/watch?v=ymMjvW2qmQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=IswnGaGxvRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I6R9WSClRfE
youtube.com/watch?v=9GNWhIZlnBE
youtube.com/watch?v=uhUvuoKG8Y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Merriweather really does work
Acoustic shit, I loved Prospect Hummer EP (I know, I like animal collective)
Religious music, like straight up shit church choirs would sing in Latin and stuff
Oneohtrix Point Never (Crome Country did it for me, but this sort of music also has the potential to be scary so be cautious)
Have some fall back easy music you both like, I just listened to Wu Tang Clan Aint Nothing Ta Fuck Wit for a while because I liked the song and it made me happy, the music doesnt have to be a constant experience
Classical (maybe minimalism)
good luck

Blockhead - The Music Scene
Flying Lotus- Cosmogramma
Kaytranada - 99.9%
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Space Jesus - Close Encounters

Isn't candyflipping pretty intense? I can't imagine taking both of those drugs simultaneously. Especially while hiking.

Us and Them - Pink Floyd
Feather - Nujabes
Sweet Jane - Velvet underground
Ashes of American Flag or Radio Cure - Wilco
Film - Bad Plus

Maybe hiking was the wrong word to use, we're just walking a short trail (around a mile) to this waterfall area and chilling there for ~4 hours. Hiking really isn't that bad though, a few weeks ago I spent almost two hours climbing a mountain on acid and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.. the morning after wasn't quite as fun though

thanks guys, I appreciate it!

+ Us and Them

also,
Beach House - Space Song
The Depreciation Guild - White Moth
Cocteau Twins - Cherry Coloured Funk
Klatuu - Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft
The Fauns - Fragile
LSD and the Search for God - Starshine

never tripped before, but there's some chill/psychy shit

I've had good experiences with Amon Tobin.
youtube.com/watch?v=1jaRA6nGyUg
Acoustic NIN albums like Quiet are nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=NmB5pp0q36Q
I'll second the first with some Grregorian Chant or Gospel. Moby's "Play the B Side" was a good example of pop electronic that used old blues and gospel samples.
youtube.com/watch?v=acF5c0DUWH8
I think you got a lot of bases covered with your main list OP.

Wax Fang- La La Land

Has a Pink Floyd sort of vibe to it

Damn that NIN album is perfect, thanks dude

Youth Lagoon's Year of Hibernation is the comfiest album I've heard in my entire life. I listened to it once on shrooms in a dark room and just watched silhouettes sway in front of a window for the entire album. It was very peaceful.

Check out Animal Collective 2004/2005 live

Lonerism - Tame Impala

Remember to keep the MDMA dose relatively low to the acid, else it might end up overpowering the acid and killing most visuals.

What method are you using anyway? Any of these 4?

I guess it depends on how much experience/tolerance you have to either, but my sweet-spot is around 300-400 ug and then 0.20g split into two bombs taken an hour apart from eachother, following method 2.
So take both and then an hour later top it up again. Peaks hit each other contentiously and it's pretty nuts, lots of fun.

Echoes, Brain damage/Eclipse, all by Pink Floyd

you're atleast gonna fuck her, right?

Also my acid playlist if you're into psych/stoner rock includes:
Earthless - From the Ages
( youtube.com/watch?v=pHuoYAYhu10 )
Samsara Blues Experiment - Long Distance Trip
( youtube.com/watch?v=_TnNb3cBzuE&spfreload=5 )
The Machine - Solar Corona
( youtube.com/watch?v=-i0Nbkl95c4 )
Naam - Kingdom
( youtube.com/watch?v=OGfjZIlL0iw )
Naxatras - Naxatras
( youtube.com/watch?v=ymMjvW2qmQ4 )

There's something about really long, jammy hendrix-esque songs and acid that's great

Throw on some Sunn O))) once you've dropped and you'll have a good time
youtube.com/watch?v=IswnGaGxvRQ

Naam - Naam* being the album, whoops.

Also, how much experience do you have with either drug? I wouldn't advice combining the two if it's your first time with either.

Cringe

Cant you guys enjoy music with drugs oh my gosh

absolutely

Summertime Rolls - Jane's Addicition

you won't find a better one

holy shit a 300-400 ug candy flip sounds like it would be completely divorced from reality

I'm not sure what you mean by overpowering the visuals, in my experience the combo only makes them a LOT more prominent

Suppose it depends on how you go about it but once I did about 200ug combined with .250 of mdma and although I had a bit of visuals they died off pretty soon and it felt a lot like just an ecstasy high as opposed to acid/candyflip.

Suppose it can change from person to person and dependant on method/dosages

bump

I loved music before and after trying psychedelics, but I do have to say that they unlocked a realm of enjoyment that I didn't previously inhabit. I feel I "understand" a lot bigger of a variety of music now.

youtube.com/watch?v=I6R9WSClRfE

>The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld
>Flevans - Unfabulous
>Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase (bonus points for listening during campfire after lots of hiking)
>(only recommended if you want to go into bad-trip land) Boards of Canada - Geogaddi
>Squarepusher - Just a Souvenir
>Tokimonsta - Midnight Menu
>Cibo Matto - Viva La Woman
>Hallucinogen - Twisted (chill and trippy at the same time)
>Chris Zippel - Genuine Horizon Remixes
>Bran Van 3000 - Discosis (beware of tracks 6-9, they are kinda strange, but great at the same time)

OP here, I'm planning on method 4. I'm not a super experienced drug user so I don't measure my doses or anything. I just get two tabs from my dealer and it's always a great time.

You're probably going to think I'm stupid for this but I've never done mdma before. I'm taking a really small dose though so I'm not too worried. Any advice you have for me (besides "don't do it")?

2 tabs should usually get you around 150-300ug depending on, so yeah that's fine.
Regarding the MDMA, it should be fine as long as it's a calm dose, first time doing it is usually pretty magical. A few things to keep in mind is
- bring gum, you can get pretty bad gurns (jaw ache/stiffness) from it
- stay hydrated
- If you get laid with the gal don't expect too much because people tend to get a bad case of E dick for a bunch of hours
- Much like with acid, just take things at they come, don't question/resist it, just enjoy the ride

Also if it's powder try to avoid tasting it, shit tastes horrible

Thanks man I appreciate it

No worries, hope you have a good time.
Also nitrous balloons are insane when candyflipping if you've got access to them

Its not so crazy desu
but when I did it I had an acid tolerance and only did one dose. The MDMA pretty much overtook the lsd

maybe if you cant handle your shit

Try this.

Anco obviously

vulfpeck for all occasions

>candyflipping
you can't just make up words like that you stupid lesbian bitch

The Moody Blues are chill as fuck, op. You should add some of their stuff as well.

Rec:
>Blue World
>Nights In White Satin
>Tuesday Afternoon
>Ride My See-Saw
>Our Guessing Game
>You and I
>The Land Of Make Believe
>The Voice
>Talking Out of Turn
>The Balance
>The Story In Your Eyes
>And the Tide Rushes In

Most of Justin Hayward's songs are pretty lovey-dovey, but his vocals are so pleasant to the ear. He's definitely one of my favorite vocalists oat.

Days of Future Passed is their most beautiful album, In Search For the Lost Chord is probably their trippiest.

yes but not thrill of the arts unless it's smile meditation - my first car 100%

>nitrous balloons
this man knows his shit

Same boat here. Even sober now music gives me physical pleasure sometimes, and I 'feel' it a lot more.
Can't wait to try my first candyflip, but I'm still a few weeks on cooldown from my first roll. What a day that was.

OP: definitely check out Touch and Contact from daft punk. Former is just great, latter is extremely primal.
Also Gorillaz, started listening to them quite recently, and brought a few songs to trips, they blew me away. Favorites are Hong Kong and Stop The Dams.

what the fuck are those bullet looking things
and the black stuff in the bag
and how did you get it

Nitrous. Can't get tanks around here. Just order it online, same for the 1p-lsd back when it was still legal to buy.
Black stuff is 20x salvia.

So do you use nitrous as a drug? Isn't that dangerous? How is the high?
>1p-lsd back when it was still legal to buy
Legal acid? Are there any kinds of legal acid around at the moment?
I'm not sure i want to venture in to the dark web..

Not him. But nitrous isn't really dangerous honestly. A few things about it would be that it's generally legal, I think you can get a fine if a police officer sees you breathing it here in the UK but never heard of that happening. The high varies A LOT on if it's 1/2/3 canisters you're breathing in (usually hard to even fit 2 in your lungs though), and what drug you're on. It's great even when just drinking alcohol. With psychedelics it can boost your visuals by crazy amounts, I was on a 300ug trip and had pretty average visuals, did one and felt like I was in the matrix for a few minutes.

One reason it could be dangerous is if you're a knobhead and keep breathing in and out of a balloon until you run out of oxygen in your lungs, but unless you're stupid that shouldn't happen. Also repeatedly doing loads of them does deprive your brain of oxygen to an extent so it can kill off some brain cells IIRC, but if you're okay with drinking alcohol you should be okay with that too. I've done probably 1000+ over the last year or two and really don't feel different.

On the breathing in and out for too long point, I mean that can lead to people passing out. People pass out and fall over and bonk their head on something sharp. A newspaper reports it as a nitrous caused death and so on. Just sit down and do and it's fine,

Also that's a fucking load of nos canisters lol, I usually never have more than 2-4 boxes around at a time.

Yup. It's a great boost to a lot of things.
Poppers are also great. lsd peak + popper + nitrous is one hell of a ride.
There's a UK blanket ban now on analogs so you can't order them from there anymore, maybe there are others.

Yeah, we order em 12 at a time, it's cheaper. We usually trip with 3 or 4 people, so ~5 boxes on an evening. Hippie crack indeed.

Never done poppers for whatever reason and probably won't because I'm pretty happy with nitrous as it is, but maybe if I'm randomly offered one.

And fair enough, yeah it's cheaper to buy in bulk but at least in my city you can for pretty cheap have it delivered to wherever you're at in like 30 minutes, saves you the convenience of having to carry it around.

just don't be this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=9GNWhIZlnBE

Apparently this is a thing
youtube.com/watch?v=uhUvuoKG8Y0