Am i retarded or does some of David Bowie's song don't make sense or are gibberish?

Am i retarded or does some of David Bowie's song don't make sense or are gibberish?

The Bewlay Brothers is a good example.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OOaqDEjxQAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you saying? It's talking about his mental stability

>mental stability
Dude he's totally fucked in the head. His brain isn't even in one piece

Yeah i was joking

Both

His brain isn't even existent anymore

yes, abstract art is a thing

>His brain isn't even in one piece
;_;

bump

He used a technique of writing lyrics on a paper, then cuting it into multiple papers and mixing them randomly, as he did for the lyrics of moonage daydream, or alot of his other songs

"I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm the space invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' bitch for you
Keep your mouth shut,
you're squawking like a pink monkey bird
And I'm busting up my brains for the words"

That was how Thom Yorke also wrote a bunch of lyrics for Kid a too

OH IT SHOWS

Alot of his songs intentionally dont make sense, especially bewlay brothers and life on mars?. he wanted to confuse people

life on mars makes sense to me though
but most of his scary monsters album doesn't

>what is poetry
>what is surrealism
>what is stream of consciousness
>what is cut-up
ok i took the b8

bump

What was Loving the Alien suppose to be about? All it did for me was terrify me when I was younger
youtube.com/watch?v=OOaqDEjxQAU

Bewlay Bros is about his childhood with older brother Terry, who was schizophrenic and lived out his life in an institution. David may have had trace aspect of the illness, and always feared it would develop in the way his brother's did. Terry jumped to his death in 1992 (an heroed) as addressed in the song 'Jump They Say'. As for Loving the Alien - if you're mirror-blind you are the Alien as you can't see the reflected meaning of the words in the bible (the miracles) and only see the world on one level, the literal one.

"David, what shall I do? They wait for me in hallways."
"Don't ask me, I don't know any hallways."

What's not to understand?

Life on Mars? does make sense though.

And look how it turned out

He uses découpé in some of his writing, resulting in lyrics that seem random or incoherent, but still carry the same message.
In a few of his albums, notably The Man Who Sold the World, he wrote the music and melody first and only added in lyrics at the last second, sometimes even moments before recording.