Listening to this for the first time today

Always been meaning to listen to it, but my dad passed me his vinyl copy this morning. Any particular way to enjoy it the most?

DUDE

Yes, by listening to it

I meant drugs/mindset to be in, which do influence the way the human mind perceives music.

I wouldn't know because I'm not a sad welfare leech junkie

No

throwing it away and listening to something else

smoke a joint before
listen in the dark

look at me, I'm cool I don't like DSOTM
do you have a beard also?
cuz that's so cool

don't forget to throw in "degenerate" and "cuck" for good measure

Watch some Vietnam war clips and smoke a joint. Listen to the album in a dark room with Christmas lights on.

it depends on what drugs you already tried and are comfortable with

this. if you need drugs to listen to music you're a fucking idiot

You don't need anything to enjoy it. Decent headphones are a given I assume.

I've tried to get into pink floyd before but I don't get it, it sounds like they try to make every song 3 minutes longer than it should have been by just mindlessly jamming for half of it

>t. 15 yo

its not needing drugs, its that drugs can enhance the listening experience even more, thats common fucking sense

Taking a shit because the album is shit.

while sitting in a trash can along with the album haha im epic

alone, night

LSD, 150 micrograms (neither overwhelming nor light)

Listen to it at night

That album was literally made on LSD and was intended to be listened to on LSD

played on mute simultaneously with Wish You Were Here on full blast

source for LSD directly inspiring the album? PF have said they didn't do psychs after they fucked up syd

WEED

>he fell for the "you cant use drugs eithout being a sad welfare leech junkie" meme

And painkillers if not heroin are best for PF. Weed is next best. Just my onion tho

The owner of my local record store recommends it be listened to in a dark room.
One glass of red before, then one glass of red during each side

Listen to it sober at first, appreciate the songs, especially Richard Wright in Us and Them and Any Color You Like (only 4 notes played different ways in the first half of ACYL)

Afterwards, once you know the album, listen to it high.

>duuude the album was made for LSD, never mind the lyrics not relating to psychedelia at all

>Listen to it sober at first, appreciate the songs, especially Richard Wright in Us and Them and Any Color You Like (only 4 notes played different ways in the first half of ACYL)
>Afterwards, once you know the album, listen to it high.
This

Thanks for the help guys, I just listened to it and it was pretty fucking good.

LMAO

Fuck that. Drink ayahuasca and put on tago mago niqqa

just listen to it op, you can do drugs if you want to but the album should be enjoyable either way

Underage detected.

Dont be a faggot and fret about drugs and shit. Just listen to the damn thing. People make it sound like some holy audiobook that cannot be understood to its full extent by a sober mind.

I dont know why people suggest listening this in a dark room. My first time was next to a pool on a very sunny day and once Breathe came on i knew i made the right choice. I dont get how one could vibe with Breathe, Money and Any Colour You Like in the dark or without staring at movements.

because is a sad album

Sad doesnt equal listen to in a dark room though. Sad is the background, not the music itself. Plus, you can listen to sad music in a good mood. Makes you appreciate both the music and yourself more.

The first time i listened to this album was with my best friend when I was 18 in our flat at 10 pm. We were drunk and smoked a little joint. Literally laughed and talked and danced like retard throughout the whole thing. Happy times man. Now i am 22 and my friend is 25. He recently got flipped out off his mind and i am sure he could be a Paranoid Schizophreniac. He has completely changed as a person in what he used to believe in and stood for. Man i miss my best friend so much. He would play the whole album guitar everytime we carried our guitar in evening to the dockyard. Now he cant remember one fucking riff. This album started out so happy for me but now i avoid it.

Just put the fucking thing on you pretentious underaged queer.

Stay sober and give it your full attention. There's no need to alter your perception for it. In fact, I'd say that for a first listen that would be harmful and even disrespectful.

On a road trip through Arizona on an overcast day. That's how I first heard it.